Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I guess the bad guys/terrorists could be bankrolled and supplied by Anaheim Electronics, but they were outted at the end of Unicorn, so IDK how they still have so much power.
    AFAIK, every faction in the original UC timeline are batshit evil.

The Earth Federation? Bunch of power hungry assholes who do anything to keep the people in the Space Colonies marginalized because if the colonies become fully independent, Earth has the potential to get screwed over big time (which is a hell of their own making for how much of an evil asshole this government is).
    Zeon and their Remnants? SPACE NAZIS! Well, at least in the original MSG. It's been a long time since I watched Zeta Gundam, but I am still gonna assume that many of the Neo Zeon forces are still Space Nazis.
    Anaheim/Vist foundation? Greedy war profiteers who'll sell weapons to anyone for a quick buck.

With all these evil assholes in this timeline, it's honestly hard to know with whom to throw in with. Earth Federation has the luxury of being slightly less evil than Zeon. So I'll say, "Fuck it, I'll create my own faction. With hookers and blackjack!"

When is Hathaway's Flash premiering on Netflix? I am always up for some Gundam! I hope it's better than Gundam NT.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    AFAIK, every faction in the original UC timeline are batshit evil.

With all these evil assholes in this timeline, it's honestly hard to know with whom to throw in with. Earth Federation has the luxury of being slightly less evil than Zeon. So I'll say, "Fuck it, I'll create my own faction. With hookers and blackjack!"
    Also, remember that time AEUG lasered a predominantly civilian settlement, using the exact same circular reasoning Bask used to justify the Titans gassing colonies?

Bright lasered these people.

I think Karaba (the guys who were fighting the Titans and Zeon on earth) is the one and only faction that hasn't massacred civilian populations onscreen.

Zeon and their Remnants? SPACE NAZIS! Well, at least in the original MSG. It's been a long time since I watched Zeta Gundam, but I am still gonna assume that many of the Neo Zeon forces are still Space Nazis.
    Zeon is complicated. Degwin started the revolution just wanting to establish Side 3's independence from Earth. Degwin's son, Gihern, was the space nazi who escalated things deciding he wanted to takeover the entire earth sphere and dropped a colony on the earth. Degwin was horrified boarded his flagship and set out to meet General Revil and sign a peace treaty with the Federation, but Gihern used a colony laser to vaporize his father and the Feddie fleet, prolonging the war. Then Gihern's sister, Kycillia, figured out what Gihern did and killed him and took over Zeon. Kycillia didn't seem to want to take over the earth sphere; she just wanted to preserve Side 3's independence. But then Char decapitated her and the Feddies conquered Side 3.

In Zeta, Axis (the Zeon Remnants) want to return to Side 3 and liberate it from Feddie control. Axis and AEUG team up against the Titans. But then Haman Karn starts getting greedy and tries to hijack the Gryps colony laser so she can use it in a conquest against Earth. After the Titans are defeated, Haman Karn renames Axis as "Neo Zeon" and decides to invade the Earth. But then Glemy (a Neo Zeon officer) launches a coup against Haman Karn and Haman dies. The Feddies eventually capture Axis.

After Gundam ZZ, Char takes over Neo Zeon. The Federation is totally broke and needs money, so Char is able to buy Axis off of them. Char decides to try to drop Axis onto the earth, supposedly because he wants he worships the earth and thinks that mankind shouldn't live on it, but in space. In truth he was just a manbaby with mommy issues throwing a temper tantrum who wanted to get back at the man who cucked him. CCA is basically Char's elaborate act of murder suicide as he tries to goad Amuro into killing him.

Your average Zeon sympathizer isn't a space nazi. They just wanted Side 3 independence, but unfortunately their movement keeps getting hijacked by a crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    When is Hathaway's Flash premiering on Netflix? I am always up for some Gundam! I hope it's better than Gundam NT.
    July 1st.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Hathaway has sold 53,000 blu rays so hopefully a second movie is greenlit soon.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-06-18 at 05:52 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Thunderbolt Fantasy - S3 E12
    Spoiler: 
    They'll save Azibelpher, Locust, and old Monk for S4 (and maybe movie 3). Kei Guy may or may not die next episode (I'd prefer for her to meet her end next episode, as otherwise it will start to get irritating when we have villains for surviving too long). Monk will take the long way back to the present day. He'll be really old the next time we see him again.

There is a decent chance Wan Jun Po survive to lead Xi You. The country is falling apart and needs a leader. The princess is crazy, and either the Emperor has been brainwashed or he is a coward (we'll find out when the heroes barge into the palace he locked himself in). It seems that the series might be heading towards a "War of the Fading Dusk 2.0", in which case it'd be convenient to have leader characters in both countries.

86 - episode 11
    Spoiler: 
    Not sure what's going on. I started this show knowing that there was going to be a second season, so I was rather disappointed that they burned through all of the fodders so quickly, so by episode 8 there was just the 5 guys left and you knew that they were all going to survive (at least until we got a new infusion of fodders). But then this episode ends... weirdly. It's obviously a fakeout. But now I've just looked it up and apparently the light novel was supposed to be a one off with no sequels, so apparently the last episode might have actually supposed to have been the ending. Makes sense. So everybody died. RIP. (I would've taken the decapitation at face value had I not known a second season was coming). But then what is season 2 supposed to be about? Is it going to be about the handler girl commanding a new wave of 86s and sending them out to fight the Legion commanders that have the brains of the season 1 characters?

gura's birthday party was amazing. can't believe people got messages from stinky and dande for her!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is...really good

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    gura's birthday party was amazing. can't believe people got messages from stinky and dande for her!
    I want to eat the cake to see if it tastes like feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    86 - episode 11
    Spoiler: 
    Not sure what's going on. I started this show knowing that there was going to be a second season, so I was rather disappointed that they burned through all of the fodders so quickly, so by episode 8 there was just the 5 guys left and you knew that they were all going to survive (at least until we got a new infusion of fodders). But then this episode ends... weirdly. It's obviously a fakeout. But now I've just looked it up and apparently the light novel was supposed to be a one off with no sequels, so apparently the last episode might have actually supposed to have been the ending. Makes sense. So everybody died. RIP. (I would've taken the decapitation at face value had I not known a second season was coming). But then what is season 2 supposed to be about? Is it going to be about the handler girl commanding a new wave of 86s and sending them out to fight the Legion commanders that have the brains of the season 1 characters?
    Not sure where you found your information but 86 is an on-going series with currently 7 lns translated and the 8th one releasing in august...
    far from being an one-off.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Spider isekai: Episode 24 was postponed due to production issues.

Great my day is ruined
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Imagine having your day ruined because of a cartoon episode that got delayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am imagining it and it’s rough thank you Crimson for making us really feel that pain.

So there goes the last reddit shitpost review and it went out with a glorious BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel12 View Post
    So there goes the last reddit shitpost review and it went out with a glorious BANG!
    What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Chainsaw Man trailer!

Mappa going all out for my boy Denji and best girl ever, Power. Although... Why is Power's hair totally blonde? Should have a slight pink tint to it to separate it from Denji's. Other than that, I do wonder how many episodes this will be since the trail has stuff from later in the series. Not sure what that means since things like episode count has not been announced. I just hope they don't mess this up and try to rush to fit it all.

I don't know a lot about Chainsaw Man, but Super Eyepatch Wolf sold it for me. I realize I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but damn... I need that (how he describes it) in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd taxi 10/10 ..... i didnt expect that ending and it all makes sense now. Taxi driver was hurt as a kid in accident and his brain got re-wired so he has seen all humans as animals. That show realy fooled me.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - S3 E13 (FINAL)

Another fantastic season of TBF. And now the wait for a possible 3rd movie next year, and season 4 in two years.

M3 and S4 speculation
    Spoiler: 
    The two movies we have thus far have been backstories for characters. Right now, there are only maybe 4 characters who haven't had their backstory elaborated upon yet: Shang, Lin, Mu Tian, and Locust, so if M3 is another backstory movie it'll probably be about one of those three. On the other hand, if M3 takes place in the present day, then it might follow Lang's adventure through the Demon Realm (or it could be a part of S4).

As for the series wide plotgoals thus far:

Primary
    • War of the Fading Dusk 2.0 (will probably happen towards the end of S4 or in S5). The Demon King might become the big bad, but right now that role is filled by...
    • Defeat Locust, who is shaping up to be the big bad of the series
    • Visit the space-time rift that the ancient wizard came from who made the magic swords in the first place.

Secondary
    • Defeat Azibelpher (probably in M3 or S4)
    • Defeat Kei Guy

Speaking of Kei Guy, it's rather frustrating that she is still alive. I don't like it when villains survive for too long. She's not the big bad of the series like Locust is shaping up to be.

It's interesting that earlier in S3, Lin pointed out that Shang had prior knowledge of how the magic mirrors worked (whereas this was a first time discovery for everyone else), but we didn't get an explanation for how Shang knew that. The mystery of Shang's origins thicken.

Well our Kaichou, Kiryu Coco graduated with almost 500k viewers to see her off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick summary of my thoughts on shows of last season:

Nagatoro: 9/10. The first episode is very rough but the second episode slowly starts its way to being damn enjoyable. Still no Takagi but better than Uzaki.

Into the Eternity: 8/10. this one isn’t done yet so thoughts on it so far. I typically enjoy each of the steps of Fushi’s journey and some went longer than I expected but I enjoyed each so far. Even though it’s very good to me, it doesn’t have the pull that makes me want to rush to each episode.

Tokyo Revengers: 7.5/10. This one is tough on me as I enjoy the concept and I really like the side characters but I have a huge problem taking these hardcore 12 years old as serious. Too much of prince of thorns feel which I fucking hated. But everyone outside the main character carries this show hard.

HigeHiro: 6.5-7. This show was 8 for me until it circled back to her runaway story, then it just fell off for me. I like their interactions between the two main characters and some of the side are trash but enjoyable. But there’s just so many problems with where they’re going so meh.

86: 8/10 for everything but last episode. I enjoyed the interactions between the 86 and the handler. I know others didn’t like her but I enjoyed her and think they could have that done more with that. Hitting the finale before the final episode was really damn weird and I wish they didn’t do that because that episode was amazing. The two follow up episodes were good but hype dropped off after that.

Vivy: 9/10. Loved this one and was drawn into the story. Excellent animation and great action.

How not to summon a demon s2: 5/10. I enjoyed s1 because it was a better mix of ecchi, story and comedy. Second season is heavy in ecchi but lost the others.

Combatants will be dispatched: 7.5/10. I enjoyed getting into this one and the comedy was pretty decent. Downside is no character is particularly memorable. I did enjoy our little Android but rest were just fine.

Slime 300: 6/10. Was fine slice of life but nothing stand out. A couple of the early episodes were more standout than later.

Slime Diaries: 8/10. I love Slime-Chan and this was a nice slice of life extension to look at every day life.

Rom com Where childhood friend won’t lose: sucked fucking ass.

Zombie land Saga Revenge: 8.5/10. excellent addition to season 1 with a clear end goal which I really enjoyed. Then the last 3 seconds of the final episode…wtf!

Shitty Full Dive RPG: 6.5-7? This show was all over the place with quality. The premise ended up being more interesting than I thought and I really enjoyed the twists. But big titted bitch was annoying as fuck and a lot of the humor was really immature. Could have been pretty good without the potty humor.

Megalo Box 2: 7/10. I enjoyed the music but it’s mostly more Megalo Box. S1 grabbed me more.

Ssss. Dyna: 7/10. Tbh, this one just made me miss Gridman more. The cast didn’t have a Rikka and I liked twists of that one more. However, a very good power rangers.

Boku no Hero: 6/10. I love tournament arcs but this one was pretty meh.

Oddtaxi: 10/10 - best show this season. Excellent mystery that felt low stress yet had so much progress. I don’t want to spoil this for anyone so give it a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spider delayed again ..wtf...