Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    Overlord II 4 - It hasn't been off to the best start, the end however made be laugh considerably
    I mean, the last episode was a bit better than most recently, but jesus that was a clown fiesta when they decided to approach the lizard men. They took over the top and did it in such a forced way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    We should do another round of voting for the op list of show suggestions.
    Jeez, that was a while back. I don't even remember how it was done. I kind of doubt it would change much though, many of them stand the test of time. The only changes I could see would be removing NGNL, Kore wa Zombie, Angel Beats, and Shomin Sample and replacing them with the new four flavor of the year shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    I'll shill here a bit too.. English version of Girls' Frontline has now been announced. It's to release sometime in spring 2018:
    Link to the PV for the game.
    Ignore the links in the video description, only the facebook link is functional right now.
    Hyype.

Gacha will save my life.

I just have to give it more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Jeez, that was a while back. I don't even remember how it was done. I kind of doubt it would change much though, many of them stand the test of time. The only changes I could see would be removing NGNL, Kore wa Zombie, Angel Beats, and Shomin Sample and replacing them with the new four flavor of the year shows.
    Swap NGNL for something like Re:Zero, or Boku no Hero.

Really Boku no Hero though should be a good one I think.

Re:Zero is either a "you love it or hate it", while Boku no Hero seems to be able to hold more people while at least being enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, the last episode was a bit better than most recently, but jesus that was a clown fiesta when they decided to approach the lizard men. They took over the top and did it in such a forced way
    Looking at manga, they are quite accurate at screenes. Heck even better when it comes to lizard models.
    http://i10.mangareader.net/overlord/...rd-9225283.jpg
    http://i5.mangareader.net/overlord/2...rd-9225355.jpg

I kinda like this scene:
    http://shrani.si/f/28/nm/Mx1ZJWs/wat...-ii-episod.png
    So far episode goes to chapter 25 page 1.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pretty sure we're the only two that like Re:Zero

There are some really good anime that could go in the OP now, actually. Get rid of that Shomin trash, at least.
    It's a shame we are the only ones with good taste eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Looking at manga, they are quite accurate at screenes. Heck even better when it comes to lizard models.
    http://i10.mangareader.net/overlord/...rd-9225283.jpg
    http://i5.mangareader.net/overlord/2...rd-9225355.jpg

I kinda like this scene:
    http://shrani.si/f/28/nm/Mx1ZJWs/wat...-ii-episod.png
    So far episode goes to chapter 25 page 1.
    It's originally a light novel, so it's not like it really makes a difference if the manga/anime line up. Worth acknowledging the manga did start before the anime, but not that large of a time gap between them.

Either way, even if it's straight from the LN, it's still ridiculous, and not in a good way.

Konosuba for the front page.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode of Antarctica, Eventually

It always seems to be Puyo Pop. Everybody loves it.

New Hina quote https://imgur.com/a/YMWTB

And then the ending gets you. the parent realizes she no longer needs the child. But it's ok https://i.imgur.com/9OnFm9y.png

Can Japan stop making live action films based on Anime, just saw the trailer for Full Metal Alchemist. It looks so bad.

Maybe it's just the circles I run with, but Mushishi seems like it'd deserve a mention. But maybe it's not a favorite of the thread, technically.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    We should do another round of voting for the op list of show suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Swap NGNL for something like Re:Zero, or Boku no Hero.

Really Boku no Hero though should be a good one I think.

Re:Zero is either a "you love it or hate it", while Boku no Hero seems to be able to hold more people while at least being enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Maybe it's just the circles I run with, but Mushishi seems like it'd deserve a mention. But maybe it's not a favorite of the thread, technically.
    I'm going to have to agree with the sentiment that My Hero Academia and Mushishi should be on the front page. I would also like to nominate Seirei no Moribto for front page listing; it's one of the few 10/10's that have withstood the test of time for me. It's one of my go-to recommendations when I try to get people into anime.

I'd also recommend that Sword of the Stranger be added to the movies section.

Also, for the tidbit on the Fate series, I'd change the disclaiming saying that you can start with Fate/Zero as a newcomer if you want a more traditional story telling narrative, as Fate/Zero has only light spoilers for Unlimited Blade Works. Ufotable's UBW adaptation is very much set up as the "answer" or direct sequel to the question - the story arc - that Zero established. Then again, the Type-Moon fanbase has never been able to agree on the watch order for their series, be it KnK or Fate. It's Nasu's fault this happened place.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-01-31 at 05:47 AM.

Violet Evergarden 03: I'm really let down by this show so far. I'm baffled by how often they tell the viewer that Violet doesn't understand the concept of love... first off, cliché much? Second off, and more importantly, what happened to 'show, don't tell'? Thirdly, I feel like they're hammering it home way to much. And when it comes to this episode in particular... really? She wrote a two sentence "letter" and passed the class? That is a joke. I came into the show knowing literally nothing other than it looks nice visually, and that's really all I can say that's positive three episodes in. Hell, Citrus - a show that is about lesbian step-sister romance - is better written and more emotionally fulfilling show than this is (so far, anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a really bad few days, but I finally finished Rosario + Vampire. Apparently Tsukune's mom has the power of the all seeing eye from Blood Blockade Battlefront, because she never opens her eyes.

Overall, I liked the show. It doesn't take itself seriously, with all the sex and breaking the fourth wall, so it's easy to go into with that mindset. Speaking of sex, the nudity is fine, but holy crap they could have at least toned it down with Yukari. At one point she admits to wanting a threesome with her, Tsukune, and Moka. They don't hold off on showing her nude like the others, or sexualize her any less than the others. It's uneasy.

My completed list is over 70, though counting OVA's and different seasons, not sure how many that REALLY is.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-01-31 at 09:42 AM.

Watched a few episodes of Fastest Finger First, nothing special so far but Mari a qt. She has great design and I love her voice, it's very unique.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to give Kokkoku a whirl and it's pretty damn interesting. I wonder if the whole series will take place in this single "stasis" world. Also, holy shit that OP is awesome. Definitely un-skippable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Decided to give Kokkoku a whirl and it's pretty damn interesting. I wonder if the whole series will take place in this single "stasis" world. Also, holy shit that OP is awesome. Definitely un-skippable.
    ]
    I prefer overlord this season:

Full op:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h1g...k&pbjreload=10

Kokkoku op is getting anoying fast.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [video=youtube;3yYjNX21xFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yYjNX21xFY[video]
    That was by far the worst one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    That was by far the worst one yet.
    Im sorry, I forgot that you have a degree in Thotgineering and qualifications in shit taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up Slow Start. Not bad. Not quite as funny as Mitsuboshi Colors, but it's endearing. Characters are pretty diverse and developed so far. Definitely some hardcore yuri vibes. I like Tama's video game references. Hiroe reminds me of Morioka.

- - - Updated - - -

New episode of Yuru Camp is devastating.

Wait, not devastating, peaceful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

New episode of Yuru Camp is devastating.

Wait, not devastating, peaceful.
    I loved them each getting up and braving the cold to go and take a picture to send to each other. Series still needs more Saitou and her cute little dog.