Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Did anyone watch Aggretsuko?
    I did, and enjoyed some of the relatable nature. It was short and easy to throw on in the background! What’d Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I did, and enjoyed some of the relatable nature. It was short and easy to throw on in the background! What’d Ya think?
    I really enjoyed it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Another season, another batch of cute girls. Anime really is great.

Great
    • Steins;Gate 0: It’s been so long since I’ve watched Steins;Gate, so this feels very nostalgic. Which actually serves the narrative really well, considering the story they are trying to tell. I want a cute AI waifu too.
    • Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: Narumi is really cute. I love her voice actor, she’s great despite being new. She gives me that Kumiko/Phos feel.
    • Hinamatsuri: There really isn’t much to say other than that it’s really funny.

Good
    • Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season: BnH is a bit of a hit or miss sometimes, but the latest episode was great.
    • Comic Girls: Purple is really cute.
    • Dorei-ku The Animation: This is getting quite a bit of hate but it’s actually fun. It’s kind of like Ousama Game I guess, except not fucking terrible.
    • Sword Art Online GGO: This is surprisingly enjoyable. Maybe I’m grown to like GGO because of playing Fatal Bullet, or maybe it’s because it’s like PUBG the anime. The scanning feature would be great in a real Battle Royale game.

Decent
    • Uma Musume: Pretty Derby: Anime girls based on non-human things are always lovely. I’ll take “books but they’re anime girls” or “programming languages but they’re anime girls” next, please.
    • Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: I only watched a few episodes of the original before stopping for whatever reason. This is alright so far.
    • Megalo Box: This anime feels very old, even if it’s not. There are both pros and cons to this.
    • Golden Kamuy: Asirpa is really cute.

Okay
    • Tokyo Ghoul:re: I haven’t read the manga and only have spoilers to keep me from being completely confused. I’ve never cared much for Tokyo Ghoul, honestly. But I’ll probably watch this as it’s not too terrible.
    • Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory: Even when I watched the original years ago, I never cared for the serious arcs. The comedy was always the best part. Second Raid was actually surprisingly enjoyable regardless, but this isn’t executed well.
    • Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai: Alec is really cute. But the actual show is fairly mediocre. I don’t expect much from this show, especially with it only being one cour.

Dropped
    • Last Period
    • 3D Kanojo: Real Girl
    • Mahou Shoujo Site

I’ll take “books but they’re anime girls” or “programming languages but they’re anime girls” next, please.
    Chobits has computers as anime girls, that's close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    *snip*
    Watch Hisone to Masotan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Waiting for Heavens Feel 1. Presage Flower to release on BD. (no screening in my country)
    Probably will be the best movie I'll see this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    And it did have a limited release in cinemas in the US last November as far as I can see.
    Good news everyone! Fathom Events is bringing the dub of Fate Heaven's Feel: Presage Flower to US theaters next month, on June 5th and 7th! Tickets go on sale in three days on May 4th!

As for the people who can't make it... getting a hold of an anime film like this legally is quite troublesome. Aniplex charges ridiculous prices for their Blu-ray sets, and streamers like Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Netflix rarely get a hold of them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fate...

I would rather see a Lupin3, Jojo (any), Darling in the frank, Made in abyss movie (and more), than this.

Such a waste of money into making and promoting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    As for the people who can't make it... getting a hold of an anime film like this legally is quite troublesome. Aniplex charges ridiculous prices for their Blu-ray sets, and streamers like Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Netflix rarely get a hold of them.
    Good stuff! Sadly the US is even further away from me than Japan is. (I think?)
    Going to have to wait for blurays/streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Fate...

I would rather see a Lupin3, Jojo (any), Darling in the frank, Made in abyss movie (and more), than this.
    :< fatehate!
    Pretty sure that Lupin and Jojo still get new series all the time, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Good stuff! Sadly the US is even further away from me than Japan is. (I think?)
    Going to have to wait for blurays/streams.

:< fatehate!
    Pretty sure that Lupin and Jojo still get new series all the time, don't they?
    They do, but its a slow process. While that anime is getting spamed into our face as its cheap to produce.

Not a fan of live action tho:

Fate...

Lupin literally has a series airing right now and, IIRC, MiA is actually getting... Something.
    Often updated... ?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Lupin literally has a series airing right now and, IIRC, MiA is actually getting... Something.
    Its not a movie tho. Last one was a live action:

And if you compare it to a fan movie:

Fan live action is made better lol. At least when it comes to actors.

I've been having internet and possibly PC issues lately, so I got slowed down on my anime watching. But I just finished Hyouka. I've been a little disappointed in KyoAni lately, as far as the shows I've watched. After K-On and Dragon Maid, everything else has hovered around mediocre. Enter Hyouka. Art and animation-wise, this might be their best, despite the simplistic setting. The characters are really great, and while the progression is rather slow-moving, it's done very well. Chitanda is an absolute gem. I thought I would find myself getting bored of the random mysteries eventually, but I was enjoying it all the way to the end. An end, unfortunately, that could have been a little better. A little bit left up in the air. But I was captivated the whole time. A really interesting idea for a slice of life that I wasn't sure I'd like, but they made it work.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-05-02 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    everything else has hovered around mediocre
    Curious as to which shows you're referring to. Also Hyouka's end was up in the air because it was the typical "read the LN" ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Curious as to which shows you're referring to. Also Hyouka's end was up in the air because it was the typical "read the LN" ending.
    Kanon, Tamako Market/Love Story, Beyond the Boundary. Dropped Haruhi. I liked Phantom World and Chuunibyou, but nothing amazing about either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Kanon, Tamako Market/Love Story, Beyond the Boundary. Dropped Haruhi. I liked Phantom World and Chuunibyou, but nothing amazing about either.
    Tamako Love Story was animation bliss.

What about Amagi and Hibike?

Fate...

There's been:

Lupin the 3rd vs. Detective Conan: The Movie (2013)
    Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone (2014)
    Goemon Ishikawa's Spray of Blood (2017)

More than likely, there'll be another Lupin specific animated film to follow the last two in particular.