Mahou Shoujo Site ep6
    I guess site administratos need negative energy collected from magical girls to open the tempest apocalipse. Would make sense why they started killing some of them.

Blew through Blend S in a couple days. A really cool concept, good characters, decent humor. I felt like the different workplace personalities weren't shown very much outside of Maika's though. And the two characters introduced later on were barely used after they show up. Overall though, definitely fun, and another show that could definitely work with a second season. More character interaction outside of Dino drooling over Maika would have been nice.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Hero academa last ep:
    http://shrani.si/f/3P/RA/41ivrvQc/wa...hero-acade.png
    This image will make so much fan shit till next week

Damnit Hinamatsuri, I just wanted a simple slice of life comedy about psychic lolis. What am I supposed to do with all these emotions?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Damnit Hinamatsuri, I just wanted a simple slice of life comedy about psychic lolis. What am I supposed to do with all these emotions?
    mfw I watched the episode

Darling in the FranXX Ep 17

Klausus or whaterver they are called invide the home
    Ichigo Dies
    Somehow zero 2 manages to control them with their mind and makes them go boom.
    Everyone is sad that Ichigo is dead.

......nah just joking. Nothing like this happens. Real spoiler here:
    Zero 2 squad visits them after 30 days and they found out that of of the character went human emotions again and wants a baby. But those are illegall as law.
    Made me thinking that those masters (like papa) are invaders that attacked earth and used clones of population of humans as soldiers. In a scene when they go ask queen to surrender she says *Dammed human vannabes*. As the guy with mask doesnt show its face.
    Now my theory is that humans used the tehnology to coocon themself and use as a weapon, but this had a bad side-effect that changed their race. Aliens probaly kidnaped a few humans and started to re-produce the soldiers as only those guys in masks are aliens. Also they need magma energy for something else and that war has to be super long.

So, I think I finally reached a new point in anime.

I watched SSY after Zath insisted I should.

And...I honestly feel like this is a case of an anime I SHOULD love, but I just can't.
    It's honestly frustrating me a bit. I dug up some reactions to when it ended too from the old thread, and I still can't make heads or tails of this.

I will say though-
    Squealer did nothing wrong.

But seriously, the whole "We are human!" speech he had was great. I found the whole show blurred the lines well between right and wrong, good and evil. But I feel like it outsmarted me. Like there's something I just can't quite grasp from it.

It did get me to feel frustrated at times with their treatment of the Monster Rats. I can't say I ever found the way any characters reacted to them to be reasonable. Kiroumaru was easily the best character though by a long shot.

It's something I WANT to give a 10 to. But I just can't. To me, the 8-10 range is something that not only do I have to love myself, but have an overwhelming desire to suggest it to others when discussing anime.

Maybe I need to watch it again. I don't quite know. Or hear more opinions on it.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-05-12 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    How else are they supposed to have super safe sex? Pixels can't get you preggers
    pixel's don't get you that nut though
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by Misjudged Maaanwell View Post
    pixel's don't get you that nut though
    Glopping begs to differ.

As per goriq's request, making a quick post concerning 10's, and my answer is predictable: I only have one and that's Gunslinger Girl.

For a while I felt that perhaps I was being preposterous with putting it above everything else and adjusted my rankings such that a few other series were co-rated at 10 with it, namely Mushishi, 5cm/second, and Haibane Renmei. But after several months of working on my analysis I believe that GSG truly does stand above the rest and that it deserves its solo throne. As for why I believe it belongs there, it has to do with a mixture of execution and message.

GSG's particular approach appeals greatly to me. It is a show-don't-tell series, and even figuring out what you've been shown can take a bit. It isn't difficult in the sense that the events are confusing, but that it requires reflection and empathy to view the world through the characters' eyes. They don't tell you what they are thinking or feeling and their reactions are not exaggerated for the viewer's benefit. But the reward is to grasp a cast of complex personalities, and subsequently experience the poignant and variegated emotions that accompany their lives. GSG's strength is not in emotional volume but tenor.

However, I believe a series has to have more than execution to make it great. To this end Gunslinger Girl has a secondary valence, a purpose to its characters beyond themselves. They add together into a vision of the world, a searching and piercing question about why such appalling things can happen. The melancholy is in the atmosphere, an off-gassing of the quiet desperation beneath the surface. It is for this reason that the characters must be real, for the events inflicted on caricatures would not substantiate the point. Where it goes from there is a point I leave up to the series to answer.

I know my statements are grandiose and are likely to disappoint some on viewing it, but after I watched Gunslinger Girl the first time I was left somewhat numb. It has been seven years since then and I am still not able to fully verbalize what I derived from it, and I consider that a mark of true art.

I am interested in why your 10/10 anime are your 10/10 anime and here is my round. Also, to clarify, a 10/10 for me is simply one of my favorite anime. It doesn't have to be a great work of art and it doesn't have to meet a special list of criteria for it to be a 10/10 for me, but I still have my reasons as to why each my favorites holds that title for me. Before I get into this I want to say that I'm going to split this into two sections, "Straight 10s" and "Retroactive 10s" because not all of these were a 10 for me right after I finished watching them. Starting with the easy ones.

Straight 10s:
    Kill la Kill
    Kill la Kill holds a special place for me because I was simply left incredibly hyped when I finished watching it.

Due to a lack of proper exposure and friends that didn't like anime I categorically rejected the medium during my teen years. After growing up a bit, making some new friends and being a bit more honest with myself I started watching Spice & Wolf S1 and 2 as well as Nichijou but I watched those very casually. It took me years to finish Nichijou, for example, and I didn't consider myself someone that actually watched anime.

When Kill la Kill aired it was so successful, or polarizing, that it even got some exposure outside of the anime community. I saw a things about it and thought that I really liked the design and look of that anime so I decided to watch it.

I was hooked and binged the entire anime over the course of two days. That was the point where I decided that I really wanted to start getting into anime. As the anime that drew me into the medium I somewhat naturally put it as a 10 and there were times when I doubted my decision but I said that I'm never going to change this rating and nowadays I'm more confident in my choice.

Kill la Kill was Trigger at their best. Their humor, their designs, their storywriting and their talent for making over the top and badass anime all came together perfectly in this one, at least for me. I wonder if it'd hold up during a rewatch but I'm probably not going to find out anytime soon.

Steins;Gate
    I never really thought about what it was that made me love Steins;Gate so much, especially because it didn't have much of a presence in my life after I was done watching it. Off of the top of my head, I would say that it was simply the emotional weight of the story paired with one of my weak points (time travel) that made it stand out to me.

Steins;Gate does a really good job at making you feel for Okabe and his situation and the directing creates a very suspenseful atmosphere throughout the anime that is ominous to the point where it can be felt even the scene is not specifically going for it.

Many times I asked myself if I really liked Steins;Gate enough for it to be among my favorites but Steins;Gate 0 has wiped away my doubts. I can still feel some of that emotional weight in almost every episode of Steins;Gate 0 so far and it confirms that Steins;Gate had a strong impact on me.

Shinsekai Yori
    Arguably my favorite anime of all time. Shinsekai Yori simply has something monumental about it. The story spanning multiple decades and the finely detailed shades of morality it explores are simply spectacular. Paired with very striking directing and a very carefully laid out setting and story, this anime had an incredible impact on me.

Kyousougiga
    This was just so endearing and fun and every episode had me close to tears. Family is another one of my weakpoints. Kyousougiga managed to really empathize with the characters with just a few episodes and its fantastical look and design were very charming to me. The soundtrack is also one of the few that made it into my collection.

Uchuu Patrol Luluco
    I think one of the basic requirements to fully enjoying Uchuu Patrol Luluco is to be a big fan of Studio Trigger. As someone that has watched and, at least at that point in time, mostly enjoyed their catalog a great deal, Luluco was simply a festival of enjoyment. The short format allowed Trigger to just pile on the jokes and references to a hysterical degree. Uchuu Patrol Luluco is without a doubt the funniest anime I have ever watched.

Retroactive 10s:
    Angel's Egg
    This was one of the anime that left me somewhat dumbfounded. I knew I loved what I had just seen but I didn't know how much I actually enjoyed it. In terms of atmosphere, Angel's Egg is one of the best anime ever made. Permeated by dreariness, the world that Angel's Egg takes place in is barren and foreboding. It is a world that has already ended.

The admirable use of silence and the long, drawn-out shots make this movie feel vast and empty as well as incredibly lonely. Rarely does the soundtrack set in, but always to full effect. The haunting choirs and fantastical orchestra underline the monumental images and effectively convey the wondrous greatness of this story.

I have read a fair bit about Angel's Egg since I watched it and I came to admire its striking use of symbolism, though I am far to insufficient to decipher the vast majority of it by myself. In this sense, Angel's Egg was one of my main motivations in making me want to learn more about the things that inspire such works.

It wasn't until fairly recently, however, that I decided to up my rating for this from an 8 to a 10. I rewatched it with some friends and found myself just as mesmerized as I was when I first watched it. Additionally, I also slightly changed how I view the 10/10 rating in the meantime. Nowadays I can simply call anything that I consider a favorite of mine a 10, so the decision to up the rating for Angel's Egg was an easy one.

Serial Experiments Lain
    Lain was another anime that made it into my favorites after I rewatched it. Lain was the anime that really introduced me to some of the more "intellectual" works in anime, as pretentious as that sounds. Much like Angel's Egg the effective use of its soundtrack and the drawn-out shots paired with the effective use of silence were what drew me in. By now I know that stylistic elements like that just press some of my buttons.

The surreal and suspenseful atmosphere of Lain is something that never fails to grab me. Even on my second watch it was just as impactful as it was the first time around. I remember feeling like everything in the show was happening underwater, as if it was slowed down unnaturally, and I still feel this way. Lain paces its shots in a way that makes them incredibly hypnotizing.

After I was done watching Lain I knew that I had just watched something meaningful but in this case I also had to go and read up on what the show was all about. In doing so, I learned a lot about both the show and its themes and I was impressed by how effortlessly and effectively the creators of this anime managed to weave all of these difficult themes together. Lain's timeless relevance is also part of its fascination for me.

The End of Evangelion
    I went into Neon Genesis Evangelion knowing that it is not only one of the classic works of anime but also very polarizing. I knew I enjoyed it when I was done watching it but it was only later on that I noticed how much of a presence it had in my life.

Though that doesn't quite suffice for me to raise the rating for the series to a 10, the movie has what it takes. To this day, The End of Evangelion remains one of the most beautiful and visually impressive anime that I have ever seen. Lilith emerging from Central Dogma to initiate the human instrumentality project is weird, haunting, disturbing and beautiful at the same time. Similarly, Asuka's last stand is the best fight scene I have seen in anime to date. Of course it is well animated and choreographed but the images are also just so striking and satisfying in their raw brutality. Bathing herself in the blood of her enemies, taking a rocket to the face while punching another one, throwing a ship at the attacking tanks, it doesn't get any more fantastic than this. This is the epitome of fighting in anime. Not to forget that the climax to this fight is especially morbid.

I'm also just going to leave this here as it combines one of my favorite producers with one of my favorite anime. It obviously contains huge spoilers for Neon Genesis Evangelion.

There is no such thing as a 10/10. That is a perfect score and perfect media (anime or otherwise) doesn't exist. Cannot exist. Otherwise what happens when something comes out later that you like even more? Is it also just a 10/10? An 11/10? Does it retroactively go back and make the previous series a 9/10?

There is no such thing as a 10/10. That is a perfect score and perfect media (anime or otherwise) doesn't exist. Cannot exist. Otherwise what happens when something comes out later that you like even more? Is it also just a 10/10? An 11/10? Does it retroactively go back and make the previous series a 9/10?
    Try this: objective versus subjective.

This post is 10/10.

That is a very basic and unreflected way of looking at rating systems and I hope you are joking.

There is no such thing as a 5/10. That is an average score and average media (anime or otherwise) doesn't exist. Cannot exist.

There is no such thing as a 1/10. That is a shit score and shit media (anime or otherwise) doesn't exist... wait nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So, I think I finally reached a new point in anime.

I watched SSY after Zath insisted I should.

And...I honestly feel like this is a case of an anime I SHOULD love, but I just can't.
    It's honestly frustrating me a bit. I dug up some reactions to when it ended too from the old thread, and I still can't make heads or tails of this.

I will say though-
    Squealer did nothing wrong.

But seriously, the whole "We are human!" speech he had was great. I found the whole show blurred the lines well between right and wrong, good and evil. But I feel like it outsmarted me. Like there's something I just can't quite grasp from it.

It did get me to feel frustrated at times with their treatment of the Monster Rats. I can't say I ever found the way any characters reacted to them to be reasonable. Kiroumaru was easily the best character though by a long shot.

It's something I WANT to give a 10 to. But I just can't. To me, the 8-10 range is something that not only do I have to love myself, but have an overwhelming desire to suggest it to others when discussing anime.

Maybe I need to watch it again. I don't quite know. Or hear more opinions on it.
    I don't understand this reaction. You want to love it but don't? Why don't you? Is there something about the show you didn't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I don't understand this reaction. You want to love it but don't? Why don't you?
    I'm not Joe, but I'm more or less in the same boat. For me, I can clearly recognize that it's a great show - with the plot, Squealer , etc. - but it didn't click with me... I assume that's due to getting the ending spoiled for me when I was half way through the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I don't understand this reaction. You want to love it but don't? Why don't you? Is there something about the show you didn't understand?
    Because if you check myanimelist even, everything I've watched up to this point has been purely entertainment shows.

SSY is the first one really to go beyond that.