I rate that review 6/10

good sfx tho

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I hadn't seen or read anything on Grave of the Fireflies specifically before I saw the film, simply because it really isn't talked about outside of an occasional thread on r/movies or r/anime.
    Aside from it being one of the most highly respected, talked about and referenced animated movies of all time?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/grave_of_the_fireflies

An emotional experience so powerful that it forces a rethinking of animation.

January 1, 2000 | Rating: 4/4 - Roger Ebert Chicago Sun-Time
    You see, Bennet critiqued it in a very specific way to offer an alternative viewpoint and perspective of the film. His point is that there wasn't much substance beyond that of human plight.

As a display of personal emotion regarding its subject matter, it's widely viewed as a masterpiece of the human condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Grave of the Fireflies - 6/10 (fine)

This has been on my watchlist for years, but I never had a chance to see it since it wasn't available anywhere. Not on Netflix, not on VRV, nowhere legal. Today, I went to the theater to watch this month's Ghibli film by Fathom Events (still running tomorrow subbed and on Wednesday dubbed!).

It was fine. There really isn't that much else to say here; what you see is what you get folks. It was quite saddening to see that these people starving to death simply because all of the people they could rely on had either already died, or were unreachable. Even after the war was over, relief wasn't distributed across Japan immediately, and those without any money left...

The sound effects were really something to hear; I'm not sure if it was because the movie was mixed the way it was, or if it had to do with the speakers in the theater, but you could very distinctly feel the SFX. When the coins are dropped on the ground, the thud really comes through, which was quite surprising since I hadn't heard a game or a show with that much impact in its SFX for a long, long time.

That's it. Next up: The Hogfather (just got on Netflix DVD), and to continue Hunter x Hunter (on episode 46).

Imagine being this retarded

How many dubs could a dubber dubbie if a dubber could dubbie dubs

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    How many dubs could a dubber dubbie if a dubber could dubbie dubs
    Nani ?

You can't say retarded in this thread you have to say baka

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    You can't say retarded in this thread you have to say baka
    chotto baka-san desu ne

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    chotto baka-san desu ne
    Nani ?

Can you guys speak English pls, none of this Japan talk.

This is a normie free zone.

sugoi kawaii desu ne

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Omae wa mou shindeiru.

> implying a true weeb needs google translate after mastering Japanese through watching Chinese cartoons

what in the nani is going on in here

Oh shit Boku wa Mari no naka is getting an English print release starting in Q4. It'll be released under the English title Inside Mari by new publisher Denpa. Source

Don't @Me plebians.

Full songs:

Jaeger is some of the best hot trash in a while. It teeters between being partially serious and just a fun time.

Oh Japan:

Here is a link:
    https://jojosapiens.com/