Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    maou-sama retry, wait last week was the last episode?
    Yeh just 12. End didnt fell like one.

I've been watching more Anime as of late, maybe I was just burnt out for the last few years.

Anyway, currently binging what's available of Vinland Saga. And it's been enjoyable thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    A Silent Voice - 6/10 (fine)

I had this saved to my Netflix queue, but apparently Netflix never stocked the DVD. Finally got to see it with a Discord group. It was surprisingly more tolerable than I had thought it would be, being a borderline good film! That said, it once again strays too far into classic KyoAni melodrama at points with characters running away from the most puerile of statements, scenes where an overly moe anime girl runs away crying to swelling music, melodramatic grand pianos, and so forth. Your usual KyoAni production. It also began to drag during the last 25 minutes, pretty meh ending. The English dub is excellent!
    We know you don't like KyoAni. You don't need to keep watching their works and shitting on them in your "reviews." The dub was fucking garbage; its shitty translation and terrible acting were the source of your complaints about the melodrama. It's okay to not like melodrama, but to purposefully and pretentiously shit on a story that mostly everybody here is extremely fond of reeks of trolling. Stop watching things you know you're not going to like.

2 episodes of Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin: Hitoribocchi no Kyuuketsuki are out if anyone is interested.
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/39972/...no_Kyuuketsuki
    Ova duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    2 episodes of Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin: Hitoribocchi no Kyuuketsuki are out if anyone is interested.
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/39972/...no_Kyuuketsuki
    Ova duh.
    I saw "Hitoribocchi" and got very excited, thinking it was this Hitoribocchi. Now I'm sad.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I saw "Hitoribocchi" and got very excited, thinking it was this Hitoribocchi. Now I'm sad.
    Its a pretty good show mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    We know you don't like KyoAni. You don't need to keep watching their works and shitting on them in your "reviews." The dub was fucking garbage; its shitty translation and terrible acting were the source of your complaints about the melodrama. It's okay to not like melodrama, but to purposefully and pretentiously shit on a story that mostly everybody here is extremely fond of reeks of trolling. Stop watching things you know you're not going to like.
    I "shitted" on it? I said it was borderline good! I overall enjoyed it up until the ending.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now to wait 4 more years for season 3 of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    how is this minor flaming

- - - Updated - - -

dumb mods .

Now to wait 4 more years for season 3 of Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon.
    its airing in summer next year....
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

I "shitted" on it? I said it was borderline good! I overall enjoyed it up until the ending.
    I hate to be this guy, because reviews and all with a grain of salt, but
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Sile...ilm)#Reception
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_silent_voice
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/28851/Koe_no_Katachi

Whether you agree or disagree, calling it "borderline good" is almost offensive I'd say.

There was not a single point in time where I thought a character was running away for "the most puerile of statements". Every single time had an emotional reason. A psychological drive to it. A need to get away, an defensive instinct to it.

And even if they were, spoiler. THEY ARE TEENS.

There is a reason it's as well loved as it is. I would go as far as to call it a masterpiece. A movie that goes beyond just watching it for entertainment, one that leaves a lasting impact on you.

Hell, that was part of why I gave Shin Sekai Yori a 10. It leaves you with an impression, and if something kept you thinking about it 1-2 weeks later even, or going into months, I'd say it deserves praise.

Unless it's something like Taboo Tattoo where you're thinking "Why did they even try to make this jesus christ get rid of it"
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2019-09-28 at 03:45 AM.

pfft a silent voice is just oscar bait

danmachi s2 felt like filler. all the parts that seemed like they were supposed to be exciting were lackluster

toaru edgelord accelerator is much better in small doses
    Last edited by bals; 2019-09-28 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The last half of the manga is terrible.
    You're terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The anime improved on the manga in pretty much every way, even making Ueno better than she already was.
    Sure .
    Last edited by crimson; 2019-09-28 at 08:36 AM.

Kimetsu no Yaiba Ep 26 -- they realy went on with animation quality for last ep.

Infinity train part is gona get a movie it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    how is this minor flaming

- - - Updated - - -

dumb mods .
    Borderline good modding

Kimetsu no Yaiba Ep 26 -- they realy went on with animation quality for last ep.

Infinity train part is gona get a movie it seems.
    [video=youtube;4nfeK3urRYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nfeK3urRYs[video]
    "I won't let anyone know what's here."
    You're talking some mad shit for someone in killing distance.

Damn, the main villain is an absolute savage, killing his underlings like that. But otherwise a nice season finale. Shame that I need to see the movie to continue the anime adaption. Maybe I should start reading the manga.

Gigguk doing the lords work.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Gegege no kitaro -- they could end show now at this part if they wanted to. But it seems like it still has episodes.

I had this saved to my Netflix queue, but apparently Netflix never stocked the DVD. Finally got to see it with a Discord group. It was surprisingly more tolerable than I had thought it would be, being a borderline good film! That said, it once again strays too far into classic KyoAni melodrama at points with characters running away from the most puerile of statements, scenes where an overly moe anime girl runs away crying to swelling music, melodramatic grand pianos, and so forth. Your usual KyoAni production. It also began to drag during the last 25 minutes, pretty meh ending. The English dub is excellent!
    Is this what defending Vic does to you?

Cop craft 8.5/10