Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Try out Azur Lane because China
    You stop that.
    Don't you have glowsticks to be wearing

Anyway, good to see Dr.Stone getting the love it deserves.

sao underworld 2 alice much better mc. glad to get the gratuitous asuna is worthless scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    https://nicchiban.nichegamer.com/201...sogynist-line/

I wish funi and CR would fuck off and die already.
    FUNimation did the same thing with Dragonmaid as well. I was willing to write it off as just Marchi, but this time the two shows don't share the same localization script writers, so I'm assuming FUNimation is just letting this behavior slide as a whole.

I dislike FUNimation's PC culture but I wouldn't want them to "die". They've carried a lot of the weight when has come to bringing anime to the West, and really two bad lines across two shows in three years is a drop in the bucket compared to the hundreds of shows they've brought over and dubbed. Doesn't mean we can't call them out on it, though.

EDIT: Oh wow, I hadn't realized that they changed many more anime than just Dragonmaid and YU-NO. Definitely cultural at FUNimation at this point.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-10-20 at 08:18 AM.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Looks like there is some One Piece dub news coming. One letter each was teased by Funimation, TOEI and a One Piece account on Twitter.

I assume it's the latest movie?

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out they're starting back up with the dub of the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Turns out they're starting back up with the dub of the anime.
    lol .

Character makes mysogynist comments, other character calls it what it is. Random Comicsgate defending site flips the fuck out. As usual, the dub haters who have nothing better to do just to "RAAAAAAAAAA DUB BAD, FUNIMATION DOES... things... I don't know but I'm maaaaad".

It's funny too because assuming it was Jamie Marchi because you have some sort of hate-boner (or regular one) for her just makes it even sadder

what are you even talking about lol

RAAAAAAAAAA DUB BAD, FUNIMATION DOES... things... I don't know but I'm maaaaad

I guess its my job to link this:

So, the isekai plague is only getting stronger and long gone are the glorious days of Fall 2017.
    Was anyone here brave enough to actually watch any of the following and could tell me whether they have any redeeming quality at all or is it just the usual garbo?

Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore TUEEE Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru
    Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
    Hataage! Kemono Michi
    Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!
    Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen
    Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu!

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!
    it's just a cute girls doing cute things show

Hataage! Kemono Michi
    actually funny - from the same guy as konosuba

Spoiler: 
    Last edited by bals; 2019-10-21 at 09:01 AM.

So, the isekai plague is only getting stronger and long gone are the glorious days of Fall 2017.
    Was anyone here brave enough to actually watch any of the following and could tell me whether they have any redeeming quality at all or is it just the usual garbo?
    Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore TUEEE Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru --- for 2 Eps its pretty good so far comedy wise
    Mairimashita! Iruma-kun --- sure its isekai, but is not the usual fantasy world, but a demon one. Comedy is top.
    Hataage! Kemono Michi --- it was written by same person that made kono suba, so no need to explain
    Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! --- THIS IS TRASH SKIP
    Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen --- Its something of a mix or DR.Stone and Uchi no Ko no Tame Naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru Kamo Shirenai. Pretty much a bookworm dies and gets reborn as a 5 year old kid.
    Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! --- its a bit generic, but watcheable as the main issue is that everyone is overpowered. A worse version of Overlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Character makes mysogynist comments, other character calls it what it is. Random Comicsgate defending site flips the fuck out. As usual, the dub haters who have nothing better to do just to "RAAAAAAAAAA DUB BAD, FUNIMATION DOES... things... I don't know but I'm maaaaad".

It's funny too because assuming it was Jamie Marchi because you have some sort of hate-boner (or regular one) for her just makes it even sadder
    Considering Funimation is literally translating things incorrectly to purposefully inject an agenda... hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

this is what watching dubs does to your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    this is what watching dubs does to your mind
    Who does watch dubs anyway. I mean who!!!!!
    Only good dub is a parody:

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Considering Funimation is literally translating things incorrectly to purposefully inject an agenda... hmmm.

I find it so fucking disrespectful having these ego-driven shitbags sitting there twisting the work of the original artists, to push their own political horseshit and to win what, fucking internet points?

They know perfectly well what they are doing, it have nothing to do with "localization"
    They do it entirely out of spite and to push their own views in an attempt to win imaginary internet points.

Nor is it their job, they are not creators, and for the love of god stop buying into the lie that funi or CR "gives back" to the anime industry, the money from CR and funi barely makes a fucking dent in the industry in Japan, the money instead goes to shit like this.

Last edited by Strangebrew; 2019-10-21 at 04:02 PM.

Not sure I would even consider Iruma-kun to be Isekai tbh.

Shinchou Yuusha is the best out of the actual isekai's this seaon.