I called it an Eva-clone because that's the structure. The world is besieged by aliens. Conventional military force is useless against it. Japan becomes host to the organization most equipped to fight back, who live in a huge underground complex and is intertwined with international politics and conspiracies. They recruit teenagers who are the only ones capable of interfacing with the special power that can fight back against the aliens who have to cope with trauma and attempt to balance their normal relationships.

Macross did it first.

What we have learned is Macross is an EVA clone!

Overlord: decent start that is keeping me interested.
    My Stepmoms Daughter is my Ex: trash but hoping it’ll keep me interested. Will give it 3 to figure itself out.

Slow start for me this season

I still don't see it even after that explanation. There's so much more to the show in all of it's 5 seasons.
    There's a major art shift starting from s2 btw if you're ever bored enough you would want to pick it back up not that I would agree with the ugly plastic comment anyway for s1.
    Symphogear tends to lauded for it's bombastic action (setpieces) but I don't think that would even matter for you when you're so focused on only seeing the most shallow of things in a show at any given time.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Black Summoner ep2 -- holy shit, this is the best and smooth gci animation i have ever seen in anime.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I FINALLY started Cowboy Bebop the other day, because I heard it was amazing, and the English dub is the best ever. And, I'm going to be honest, I don't think the dub is that good. I'm sure it was considered really good back when it first aired, but it's not that good by today's standards.

Don't get me wrong, I like the voice acting from the main cast of Cowboy Bebop just fine. It’s the voice acting from the minor characters I’m iffy on. Like, in the second episode where Abdul Hakim enters a bar, and the bartender has a VERY stereotypical Asian accent.

I think the dub for Baccano is the best dub I've ever seen (heard?). I've only watched two episodes so far, but EVERY single performance in the dub is spectacular. It's like watching an old gangster movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I heard it was amazing, and the English dub is the best ever. And, I'm going to be honest, I don't think the dub is that good. I'm sure it was considered really good back when it first aired, but it's not that good by today's standards.
    It's 6/10 fine. There are a couple standout episodes (5 and the last one) but it was overall forgettable. Technically great art and animation.

Yea, definitely one that was good for its time and now the dubs have improved a lot over the past, especially in the last five years. Funimation tends to have their own set of VA they reuse but over Covid, that seemed to expand a bit guessing from being able to do it remotely. There’s a few anime I prefer the dub over the sub:
    - Steins Gate
    - B-gata H-kei
    - Haganai
    - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
    - Panty and Stocking
    - Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

Sooo these last two I very much prefer the sub but the dubs do offer a great experience if you’d prefer that
    - KonoSuba
    - Kaguya-sama Love is War

So the next arc of one piece is gonna be the finale pretty sure shit is gonna get wild.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    So the next arc of one piece is gonna be the finale pretty sure shit is gonna get wild.
    The actual ending of the whole series? Or just the end of the 2nd saga?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Next saga, not next arc. Saga's are the big stories made up of smaller arcs. Like the Water 7 Saga includes everything from the Davey Back arc throught the post Enis Lobby arc. So it would guess 2-5 more arcs although who knows with Oda.

When it returns for the current break, I am guessing we get a short post-Wano arc and then into the final saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Next saga, not next arc. Saga's are the big stories made up of smaller arcs. Like the Water 7 Saga includes everything from the Davey Back arc throught the post Enis Lobby arc. So it would guess 2-5 more arcs although who knows with Oda.

When it returns for the current break, I am guessing we get a short post-Wano arc and then into the final saga.
    Ahh thanks for the clarification still the final saga is gonna be wild.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Saga of Tanya the Evil

Tried this show again after dropping it years ago. I like the idea of a fantasy WW2 setting, especially when it's done very creatively like Valkyria Chronicles. Unfortunately, Tanya doesn't even bother putting it's own spin on thing. It's a shameless copy-paste of our real world but with flying wizards inserted into it, and that's it. The glowing rifles are cool, though, and the different flying mounts/equipment for the nations was interesting. Ugly modern anime aesthetics, though.

The show had an interesting premise of the protagonist trying to salvage alt-Germany's situation in WW2. Trying to employ better tactics, trying not to escalate the war so that everyone turns against alt-Germany, trying to prevent alt-USA's entrance into the war, etc. The movie killed my interested by opening up with a thirty year flash forward that pretty much depicts the IRL 1960s with the empire doctor explaining/confessing why the empire did what they did, pretty much spoiling that the empire is doomed and that everything our protagonist is doing is futile. I guess it could be interesting if the series goes the "rise and fall" route of Tanya becoming dictator and eventually being overthrown, but there is no way a modern anime production will get that far given how sluggish the pacing is, so we'll never see the end of the story onscreen.

I've resumed Dragonar (episode 29). RIP those agents who tried to infiltrate those death cycles.

Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo Ep 4-Uncensored version
    Oh boy......i dont think a anime before that did it for so long. You will know what i am taking abauth if you watch it.

Ok that is some realy good fan-animation:

It could fool anyone thinking its from some studio.

Knights and Magic

A computer programmer who spends his money building gunpla gets hit by a truck and reincarnates in a fantasy world as Ernie. There are monster hordes and the monsters themselves are pretty huge, with the smallest being the size of a car. As such, fighting against them on foot is impossible so kingdoms built mecha to fight them (how humanity lasted long enough without the mecha, IDK).

Ernie joins his kingdom's mecha academy to learn how to build and pilot mechas. He begins redesigning and improving the mechas and gets a grant from the King to continue his research. Other kingdoms begin to take notice and try spying on his work. Show alternates between Ernie inventing something and a fight with monsters or other kingdoms.

The show started out as somewhat serious, but then about 2/3rds of the way through it went full camp, which is odd because the war kicked off and it was being treated as a joke with robot dragon battleships and their captains screaming at the top of their lungs like super sentai villains. Also, the monster hordes were completely absent during the war. You would think that with the merchant kingdom's army being overrun by the invasion that the monsters would start running rampant with no one to stop them. There also seemed to be a continuity screwup at the end where the previous king sits on the throne and has an audience with Ernie, rather than his son who he passed the throne to earlier in the show. Perhaps this is a Rose of Versailles situation where a different writer or director came in half way through the show?

The show had a few unique fantasy environments, like a forest with coral designs, or a desert that looks like Mars, a forest with crystals stuck in the trees, or the hidden valley:

The show was overall above average for a modern anime.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-08-04 at 04:46 PM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?