1. #73881
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,289

  2. #73882
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,210
    Anyone been watching Adachi to Shimamura?

    I don't know how close the show is to the light novel, but I've been enjoying every episode more and more.

  3. #73883
    I hadn't considered Shimamura until Gigguk's video on the seasonals. I've been busy trying to finish Yu Yu Hakusho, but the one episode I did watch was good.

  4. #73884
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,232
    Attack on Titan Chapter 134

    Spoiler: 
    Not a fan of the bleak opening to this chapter. After a while... it's just too much.

    Darn it the zeppelins were destroyed without doing anything to Eren. *sigh*

    It seems like Eren is forcibly controlling the Beast Titan through the connecting limbs. If the heroes can sever those limbs, will Zeke be free to act on his own? Then it could be everyone against Eren.



    I've begun reading Goblin Slayer. It's pretty enjoyable; the characters are fun, the art is good, and the story moves at a brisk pace.

  5. #73885

    "Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

  6. #73886

    "Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

  7. #73887
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [video=youtube;MjxGn2UCX8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjxGn2UCX8w[video]
    singing about big irons then building watson's shaft.

  8. #73888
    Old God Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    10,289
    Is this anime?

  9. #73889
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,590
    Since this appears to be the Hololive thread as well, RIP Gura Soma stream.

  10. #73890
    gura computer was just trying to get people to watch the hololive sports festival

    all the haiiiiis are killing my heart

    sentai filmworks started their black friday sale and have some really good deals. gochiusa s1 for $4 for example
    Last edited by bals; 2020-11-21 at 10:15 PM.

  11. #73891
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,232
    I have resumed watching Space Brothers. Picked up around episode 10, I am now at 37. I like how the show is following the life of Mutta, and sometimes delves into the side characters. The problem I have with the show is that there is a little too much bloat. There are a lot of times when the show delves into lengthy, unnecessary flashbacks of scenes from before, and there are a lot of unnecessary monologues. I think if you cut out the repetitive flashbacks and monologues, the entire story up until now probably could have been told in 20ish episodes. Lately, they've been spending too much time rehashing the "we saw a UFO when we were kids" backstory, devoting an entire episode to rehashing it, so I've been fast forwarding through this repetitive stuff.

    My favorite character is Kenji. I think he is quite possibly the one and only major young, married man in anime (Yang Wen Li doesn't count). I'm quite glad that he is getting quite a lot of screentime. I wish he was the protagonist. Nothing against Mutta but I think Kenji is more interesting. I quite liked Fukuda and really hoped he had made it. I also like Reiji.


    I plan on catching up on Tonikawa soon.

  12. #73892
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,232
    Made it to episode 50 of Space Brothers and I've decided to drop it.

    The plot advances at a snail's pace, and the show is very repetitive and drawn out. We're 50 episodes in and they're not training to become astronauts yet; they're still in the candidate trial phase (which lasts 1.5 to 2 years). The show has 99 episodes. I looked at the last episode... and they're still apparently in the candidate trial phase. I then looked online at where the manga is... and apparently after 13 years IRL time and 365 chapters, and they're still not going to Mars yet...

  13. #73893
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Made it to episode 50 of Space Brothers and I've decided to drop it.

    The plot advances at a snail's pace, and the show is very repetitive and drawn out. We're 50 episodes in and they're not training to become astronauts yet; they're still in the candidate trial phase (which lasts 1.5 to 2 years). The show has 99 episodes. I looked at the last episode... and they're still apparently in the candidate trial phase. I then looked online at where the manga is... and apparently after 13 years IRL time and 365 chapters, and they're still not going to Mars yet...
    If that gets you steamed, just wait. There's this anime/manga called One Piece right...

  14. #73894
    Titan Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    If that gets you steamed, just wait. There's this anime/manga called One Piece right...
    Yeah One Piece moves at a glacial pace. I think the overarching story of the void century and scheming between the Four Emperors and the Seven Warlords and the World Government, the rivalry between Zoro and Mihawk and Tashigi, and all that is very interesting. Unfortunately, that only makes up 5% of the show. The other 95% of the show is about the boring adventure of the week, so I've been putting off getting through it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It is my understanding that the parts I think I'd really enjoy would be the Impel Down, Marineford, Wholecake Island, and Wano arcs, but trudging through the rest of the show just to get to those parts... not appealing.

  15. #73895
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yeah One Piece moves at a glacial pace. I think the overarching story of the void century and scheming between the Four Emperors and the Seven Warlords and the World Government, the rivalry between Zoro and Mihawk and Tashigi, and all that is very interesting. Unfortunately, that only makes up 5% of the show. The other 95% of the show is about the boring adventure of the week, so I've been putting off getting through it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It is my understanding that the parts I think I'd really enjoy would be the Impel Down, Marineford, Wholecake Island, and Wano arcs, but trudging through the rest of the show just to get to those parts... not appealing.
    I guess it depends on why you watch/read something. For me, I read One Piece to see a bunch of characters I like go on fun adventures. The grand over-arching plot is secondary.

  16. #73896
    2nd gen of Hololive_EN in the near future https://twitter.com/hololive_En/stat...231026176?s=20.
    They are holding auditions.

    "Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

  17. #73897
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,590
    Not sure how the generations of hololive work, does that mean Gen 1 might retire soon?

  18. #73898
    Scarab Lord Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    4,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Not sure how the generations of hololive work, does that mean Gen 1 might retire soon?
    Nah, just means they are adding more. I think they are up to like gen 5 in Japan. Plus Hololive Gamers as well.

  19. #73899
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,590
    ...Aren't all vtubers gamers? That's the whole thing, isn't it?

  20. #73900
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    ...Aren't all vtubers gamers? That's the whole thing, isn't it?
    Not necessarily from what I've seen. I don't follow Vtubers all that much aside from the occasional highlight, but from those I think a couple of them are more like... talkshows personalities than gamers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •