Bubuki Buranki

Ep 1
    - Shit. Dropped.

4/10

Divine Gate

Ep 1
    - Oh, goody, my favorite type of anime. Shit. Dropped.

4/10

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    If you watch episode 2 there are cute grills
    Wow what a selling point.

If you watch episode 2 there are cute grills
    Fortunately, unlike most anime watchers, my penis doesn't determine my anime viewing habits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Wow what a selling point.
    You say this and yet idk how many times I've seen people in this thread and elsewhere pick up a show solely because they saw a picture of a cute girl. It's a major selling point for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    You say this and yet idk how many times I've seen people in this thread and elsewhere pick up a show solely because they saw a picture of a cute girl. It's a major selling point for a lot of people.
    Having good looking characters let alone art to the show is always going to be a selling point because you want to enjoy looking at whatever you're looking at for hours. Not just cus as you say "hur dur im a guy cute girl"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how I feel about Gundam Unicorn. Aside from one very one sided battle, there really wasn't much at all to it. Before you say anything I haven't watched the OVA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Gundam Unicorn. Aside from one very one sided battle, there really wasn't much at all to it. Before you say anything I haven't watched the OVA.
    The episodes are split up versions of the OVAs, with new animation. So it's basically half of the first OVA.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Having good looking characters let alone art to the show is always going to be a selling point because you want to enjoy looking at whatever you're looking at for hours. Not just cus as you say "hur dur im a guy cute girl"
    Lets not try and make this out to be more than it is now lol. For a lot of people it is "hur dur im a guy cute girl."

10+ Year Old Account
    A major point for a lot of people in a new show is having a coherent story. Having loli characters for the sake of having them is annoying.

Erased
    I also lost my investment part way through. For me, it was when the situation with Kayo was resolved. I didn't feel any connection to Airi, and I actually didn't care much about who the killer was. It's like the tension in what was happening dropped out at that point, because Kayo could actually not make it given what had happened. By comparison the main character wouldn't die, so I didn't even bat an eye when I saw him "drowning" at the end of episode 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having cute girls in an anime is absolutely vital. It is literally impossible to watch shows when you have hideous characters like this that look like they have downs.

Lets not try and make this out to be more than it is now lol. For a lot of people it is "hur dur im a guy cute girl."
    If anything you're trying to stretch it that every guy is a meathead who thinks with his little head and just goes for whomever is cute. So yeah, try not to be insulting to generally everyone and then stuff like this won't be brought up.

i def. pick up shows when i see pics/gifs of cute grills

Deleted
    Kokou no Hito - This is the most visually beautiful and stunning manga that I have read, people who mention it and recommend it use the same few pages to reinforce it but there is so much more and this is hardly even considering the detail that went into characters, clothing and faces. It was overall a very serious and sometimes very harsh coming of age story with a heavy emphasis on lonliness, dreams and how those two can conflict. At first I thought of the characters as edgy, overly moody without reason and just general assholes but as the chapters went on they felt like they were actually pitiable or pathetic being able to dedicate themself to only this one thing and they will give absolutely everything for it regardkess if whatever reason they have to continuing climbing. I liked what became of Mori's character after what would be around chapter ~120 onwards and whilst it was sudden growth it was a welcomed growth in size and direction.

A great, well handled serious story that made good use of tension and the trends it had set prior to build it on top of the fantastic visuals. Pretty quick read too.
    Last edited by mmocf7b2f6566d; 2016-04-04 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NINJA SLAYER View Post
    Kokou no Hito - This is the most visually beautiful and stunning manga that I have read, people who mention it and recommend it use the same few pages to reinforce it but there is so much more and this is hardly even considering the detail that went into characters, clothing and faces. It was overall a very serious and sometimes very harsh coming of age story with a heavy emphasis on lonliness, dreams and how those two can conflict. At first I thought of the characters as edgy, overly moody without reason and just general assholes but as the chapters went on they felt like they were actually pitiable or pathetic being able to dedicate themself to only this one thing and they will give absolutely everything for it regardkess if whatever reason they have to continuing climbing. I liked what became of Mori's character after what would be around chapter ~100 onwards and whilst it was sudden growth it was a welcomed growth in size and direction.

A great, well handled serious story that made good use of tension and the trends it had set prior to build it on top of the fantastic visuals. Pretty quick read too.
    Wait, you actually make normal posts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Wait, you actually make normal posts?
    All of my posts are normal, it's everyone else who isn't. Also infraction points.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly an incentive for me to start, but if it isn't held up enough by personality I turn off very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    If anything you're trying to stretch it that every guy is a meathead who thinks with his little head and just goes for whomever is cute. So yeah, try not to be insulting to generally everyone and then stuff like this won't be brought up.
    That isn't what I was trying to insinuate, it's what I was blatantly saying lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Erased - I also lost my investment part way through. For me, it was when the situation with Kayo was resolved. I didn't feel any connection to Airi, and I actually didn't care much about who the killer was. It's like the tension in what was happening dropped out at that point, because Kayo could actually not make it given what had happened. By comparison the main character wouldn't die, so I didn't even bat an eye when I saw him "drowning" at the end of episode 11.
    Erased I'd say that's around when the tension kind of died down for me as well. They did a really good job building up to it, then it just "went away" to a certain extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started reading the manga Koi to Uso/Love and Lies.

I really like it. Love the art.

- - - Updated - - -

Having cute girls in an anime is absolutely vital. It is literally impossible to watch shows when you have hideous characters like this that look like they have downs.
    Naruto did well enough....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    gg undied to do macross delta
    Oh fuck. gg's coming back to save anime and fansubbing. Makes me almost want to watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Started reading the manga Koi to Uso/Love and Lies.

I really like it. Love the art.
    You didn't pick best girl to make your avatar.

I'm disappointed.