10+ Year Old Account
    Shokugeki no Stand - nuff said.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Started Relife and it's wonderfully good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing Danganronpa 2 - just finished the first case.

It was quite obvious they were setting up Nagito to be the killer, so I knew it couldn't be him... that and the fact that he seems to be popular among the fandom so I doubt he died in the first case. That said I didn't expect he was planning to kill someone, or that he aided the real killer. I either thought it was the mechanic guy or the cook, leaning more towards the cook, but I wasn't completely sure of how it was done. I also thought Togami had planted the knife beforehand and planned to kill someone, though once the evidence was being revealed I doubted that.

The trial gameplay is so dumb though. The new rounds that weren't in the first game are annoying as hell. I spent like 20 minutes trying to find the proper wording of "MEAT ON THE BONE". Definitely reducing the difficulty to the lowest for the next trial... it's not even challenging, it's just incredibly frustrating trying to figure out what the game is exactly expecting from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thunderbolt Fantasy - 30 seconds into this and I LOVE IT
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Does Joker Game stay as excellent as the first two episodes?
    Replying to this after I get home: I second IcedWarrior's comment that the first two episodes are the strongest, but that it doesn't get 'bad' just not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 Video
    I look forward to this, although (IBO S1) I was disappointed that so many people lived at the end of S1. But the plot was coming along and I hope it continues after its surge in the last few episodes. If I had the time/will I would consider rewatching the middle part and see how it felt when watched at once, rather than week-to-week, but I don't think I can muster the interest any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Samurai Noodles Video
    That was a pretty great commercial. As you said: it makes me want S2 of Samurai Champloo (although I feel it ended perfectly, so not sure how I would actually want it).

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Been playing Danganronpa 2 - just finished the first case.

It was quite obvious they were setting up Nagito to be the killer, so I knew it couldn't be him... that and the fact that he seems to be popular among the fandom so I doubt he died in the first case. That said I didn't expect he was planning to kill someone, or that he aided the real killer. I either thought it was the mechanic guy or the cook, leaning more towards the cook, but I wasn't completely sure of how it was done. I also thought Togami had planted the knife beforehand and planned to kill someone, though once the evidence was being revealed I doubted that.

The trial gameplay is so dumb though. The new rounds that weren't in the first game are annoying as hell. I spent like 20 minutes trying to find the proper wording of "MEAT ON THE BONE". Definitely reducing the difficulty to the lowest for the next trial... it's not even challenging, it's just incredibly frustrating trying to figure out what the game is exactly expecting from you.
    But dat music hrrrrrgggggggggg.

Although I do agree, sometimes it gets really frustrating with the minigames.

Also finally watched all of Kill la Kill, was pretty good actually, even if a bit cliche at times. I knew some big spoilers going into it like Ryuko being Ragyo's daughter and being part life fiber, but still, I enjoyed it.

Well, finished Hunter x Hunter after quite an intensive effort. Didn't think I would ever watch a series this long again.

I ended up settling at around a 6/10. I've got enough notes to myself to write a full review, so that will likely come later. The short version just being that it was alright as a series, with some real potential and interesting ideas, but it got lost along with way and squandered most of its time on a weak arc with too many meaningless characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Well, finished Hunter x Hunter after quite an intensive effort. Didn't think I would ever watch a series this long again.

I ended up settling at around a 6/10. I've got enough notes to myself to write a full review, so that will likely come later. The short version just being that it was alright as a series, with some real potential and interesting ideas, but it got lost along with way and squandered most of its time on a weak arc with too many meaningless characters.
    I don't know if the anime suffers from the same thing, but in my opinion, the whole thing went drastically downhill with the Chimera ant arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't know if the anime suffers from the same thing, but in my opinion, the whole thing went drastically downhill with the Chimera ant arc.
    That's the 'weak arc' I was referencing. Even the post-Chimera stuff was a little weird, where they summon Alluka-Dragon Balls to grant wishes, everybody 'doesn't die' because they're reborn as ants, and generally just ruining the impact of earlier developments.

That's the 'weak arc' I was referencing. Even the post-Chimera stuff was a little weird, where they summon Alluka-Dragon Balls to grant wishes, everybody 'doesn't die' because they're reborn as ants, and generally just ruining the impact of earlier developments.
    Oh yeah, because (This is manga based as a heads up, not sure if the anime goes into this although I don't see why it wouldn't especially based on what you said) Kite always wanted to be a girl instead. And by Alluka-Dragon balls you mean Killia's little sister or whatever, right?

Greed's Island was great though in my opinion, and everything before the ants basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh yeah, because (This is manga based as a heads up, not sure if the anime goes into this although I don't see why it wouldn't especially based on what you said) Kite always wanted to be a girl instead. And by Alluka-Dragon balls you mean Killia's little sister or whatever, right?

Greed's Island was great though in my opinion, and everything before the ants basically.
    Yeah, Alluka is Killua's little sister (brother?). She (he?) comes out of nowhere and has the convenient wish-filling power, which is at first meant to be non-convenient because of its danger and restrictions. But oop, ends up Killua is good friends with Something and he can ask for whatever he wants, any time he wants, without paying a price. Problem solved!

And as for Kite, it doesn't mention that in the anime but that just makes it even sillier in my mind. But I really detest Kite's plot purpose overall. Again, jumping a bit into the review, but Kite wasn't given anywhere near the character development he needed to play the crucial role he had. His main importance to Gon is all off-camera, apparently playing a key role in explaining that Ging was not dead to Gon. By comparison he doesn't do anything particularly interesting when we do see him, and we don't know him that long before Neferpitou slaughters him.

At this point I actually appreciated how frank it was about what happened. All this belief about Kite pulling through was just wishful thinking. But then Gon uncovers a deep connection to Kite out of nowhere (again, from the audience's perspective) and it becomes the driving force for everything he does for the next 60 episodes. If Killua had died that would have made sense. But Kite? No, it didn't cut it.

The final nail in the coffin for Kite, in my view, is that he is then resurrected as an ant. First, he wasn't eaten so how that works is...whatever. Second, did the series just seriously undermine its own revenge story for a cheap reunion? Say what you want about the Chimera Ant arc, the episode where Gon is convinced to wait for Neferpitou to heal Komugi is easily one of the better ones. Gon completely goes off the rails and is functionally the bad guy, threatening to murder a helpless girl to get what he wants. But oh, oops, that was just an accident because Kite was hanging out at the mansion this whole time. His bad. Just...ung. Kite's whole existence is a train wreck.

Yeah, Alluka is Killua's little sister (brother?). She (he?) comes out of nowhere and has the convenient wish-filling power, which is at first meant to be non-convenient because of its danger and restrictions. But oop, ends up Killua is good friends with Something and he can ask for whatever he wants, any time he wants, without paying a price. Problem solved!

And as for Kite, it doesn't mention that in the anime but that just makes it even sillier in my mind. But I really detest Kite's plot purpose overall. Again, jumping a bit into the review, but Kite wasn't given anywhere near the character development he needed to play the crucial role he had. His main importance to Gon is all off-camera, apparently playing a key role in explaining that Ging was not dead to Gon. By comparison he doesn't do anything particularly interesting when we do see him, and we don't know him that long before Neferpitou slaughters him.

At this point I actually appreciated how frank it was about what happened. All this belief about Kite pulling through was just wishful thinking. But then Gon uncovers a deep connection to Kite out of nowhere (again, from the audience's perspective) and it becomes the driving force for everything he does for the next 60 episodes. If Killua had died that would have made sense. But Kite? No, it didn't cut it.

The final nail in the coffin for Kite, in my view, is that he is then resurrected as an ant. First, he wasn't eaten so how that works is...whatever. Second, did the series just seriously undermine its own revenge story for a cheap reunion? Say what you want about the Chimera Ant arc, the episode where Gon is convinced to wait for Neferpitou to heal Komugi is easily one of the better ones. Gon completely goes off the rails and is functionally the bad guy, threatening to murder a helpless girl to get what he wants. But oh, oops, that was just an accident because Kite was hanging out at the mansion this whole time. His bad. Just...ung. Kite's whole existence is a train wreck.
    No, I totally agree with you that the whole Neferpitou/Gon thing was well done, but like you said, it's just not there really overall. Kite was basically just shooed in, and then even that was made irrelevant. Also, the "Kite wanted to be a girl" thing was just me being flippant about it just to clarify, I just thought it made absolutely no sense for him to be reborn as an ant, and then on top of that, suddenly he's a female ant.

I think you really hit the nail on the head honestly, and maybe I would of continued more if there wasn't so many hiatuses, but it's just so...eh.

Pokémon go is now officially released in UK and Germany as well for those that are interested, other countries will follow in the next few days/2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomo-chan hiatus extended to 7/21 apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toradora! 8/10 - Really good stuff. Love the characters and the comedy. I felt the ending was a little weird though. I thought it was strange how they instantly went to marriage once they confessed to each other. I did like how Taiga left to reconcile with her family first though.

Haikyuu!!! Fucking 10/10 - The comedy, the action, the characters, the progression, the exploration of the other teams, and the dynamic of the team is just so perfect. I went to some of the girl's volleyball games in High School because our team was good and we consistently made it to regionals, but I never really knew much about the game. But after seeing Haikyuu, first off I don't understand why people think it's a girl sport. There's plenty of high pace action and in sports I don't think there's a more manly thing than spiking a ball other than tackling someone in Football. Also, I never knew how complex volleyball was.

I can't fucking wait for Season 3 in the Fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting/

ARENA 01: [Isshiki Iroha] Shiraishi Urara
    ARENA 02: Shirayuki [Kaname Madoka]
    ARENA 03: [Kurousagi] Aisaka Taiga
    ARENA 04: [Shirai Kuroko] Furukawa Nagisa
    ARENA 05: Sanzen'in Nagi [Abstained] Sakura Chiyo
    ARENA 06: Tedeza Rize [Abstained] Minami Kotori
    ARENA 07: Nishikino Maki [Abstained] Tōjō Nozomi
    ARENA 08: [Aragaki Ayase] Nakiri Erina
    ARENA 09: [Saitama] Kisaragi Shintarō
    ARENA 10: Bell Cranel [Abstained] Isana Yashiro