Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I accidentally dubbed on Your Name.

Whoops.
    Ewwwww dubs :P

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post

This anime is on a lot of people's top 10 list and it's on mine too. It's basically a samurai story but it's really well done.

In the first or second scene of the first episode, the boy is saved by a sword master. One of the bandits says "what's your name?" Even though he faced a dozen bandits the sword master says, "it's pointless to tell you, you'll all be dead soon." And that's the kind of story it is.

This one I recommend to people who don't like anime and they usually like it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This anime is on a lot of people's top 10 list and it's on mine too. It's basically a samurai story but it's really well done.

In the first or second scene of the first episode, the boy is saved by a sword master. One of the bandits says "what's your name?" Even though he faced a dozen bandits the sword master says, "it's pointless to tell you, you'll all be dead soon." And that's the kind of story it is.

This one I recommend to people who don't like anime and they usually like it.
    It wasn't quite in my top 10, but it was a good show.

Your last sentence is something I'm going to have to consider: I've been thinking recently about anime series I would recommend to people who aren't into anime or just beginning. I feel like so often people recommend series they like, and don't realize how "anime" it is. Steins;Gate comes to mind as a prime example. It's a great show, really fun, but also weird for newcomers with its maid girl, trap, and other design decisions. If we end up redoing the OP this could become more relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sesto

This is important.

How many grails will we have by the time Mordred comes out. I decided I need to get her to level 100 immediately.

Figured it out. 6 by my count when London releases with Mordred. I want to max her immediately, so I'm going to make sure I have everything farmed up before she releases.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2017-08-15 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    It wasn't quite in my top 10, but it was a good show.

Your last sentence is something I'm going to have to consider: I've been thinking recently about anime series I would recommend to people who aren't into anime or just beginning. I feel like so often people recommend series they like, and don't realize how "anime" it is. Steins;Gate comes to mind as a prime example. It's a great show, really fun, but also weird for newcomers with its maid girl, trap, and other design decisions. If we end up redoing the OP this could become more relevant.
    It may be interesting to create a list more specifically for newcomers and/or people who have no experience with the medium. More realistic entry points are quite often the feature-length anime and often Mamoru Oshi's shows/movies that come to my mind:

Ghost In The Shell
    Patlabor
    Jin-Roh
    Akira
    Cowboy Bebop
    Zankyou no Terror
    Ninja Scroll
    One Punch Man

Fairy tail dragon cry was decent. Seemed like they enhanced the bust sizes a bit compared to my memory

A re-haul of the OP would be welcomed. Anecdotally, I did check out the OP a few times when I was a new poster, but didn't find it too helpful. Categorization and some sense of organization would really help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    @Sesto

This is important.

How many grails will we have by the time Mordred comes out. I decided I need to get her to level 100 immediately.

Figured it out. 6 by my count when London releases with Mordred. I want to max her immediately, so I'm going to make sure I have everything farmed up before she releases.
    Yeah, 6.

By the time we reach London mats will have already become a bit easier to come by because of all the events. Obviously you'll still need to farm mats for skills, but ascension costs generally become less of a big deal. When I rolled Mordred on the day she was released, I just grinded xp dailies with golden apples (which also become more frequent) to get her to 90 in a single day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Yeah, 6.

By the time we reach London mats will have already become a bit easier to come by because of all the events. Obviously you'll still need to farm mats for skills, but ascension costs generally become less of a big deal. When I rolled Mordred on the day she was released, I just grinded xp dailies with golden apples (which also become more frequent) to get her to 90 in a single day.
    I kinda spent the past bit making a chart for myself.

How'd I do.

Sadly, looking at the events from now until London there are some good freebies, but I'd still have to farm a fair bit, though those also account for getting skills maxed, which will eat up a lot. I should easily have enough to ascend her though.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2017-08-15 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    It may be interesting to create a list more specifically for newcomers and/or people who have no experience with the medium. More realistic entry points are quite often the feature-length anime and often Mamoru Oshi's shows/movies that come to my mind:

Ghost In The Shell
    Patlabor
    Jin-Roh
    Akira
    Cowboy Bebop
    Zankyou no Terror
    Ninja Scroll
    One Punch Man
    Two more series that come to mind are FMA: Brotherhood and Haibane Renmei. Both clearly have Western-inspired settings that feel a little more natural. The first is engaging, with a clear plot, solid characters, and fun action. It has some out-take faces and such, but in low doses. The second is not quite for everybody, but it doesn't feel terribly "anime" in the normal sense.

Finally got around to watch Miss Kobayashi's Dragon maid. Liked it, while most of the side characters are mostly one note humor, Kobayashi herself was a very interesting character to watch grow a into a more social person and into a parent even. I do wish it was more kids friendly, because its something i wish i could show my kids. Its just serious enough to get its messages across, but silly enough to be feels good, which i always think is a very good combination for young children, too bad all the bouncing animated tits are a bit over the top sometimes lol. Which is a shame, because im not prude or anything, the shower stuff with Torhu and Kobayashi id have no problem having them watch it, because its not just sexual fan services, but some of the other stuff is a little too much lol.

Psycho-Pass: After finishing a recent batch of aired shows, I decided to focus my attention towards shows that definitely attracted my attention. This is really fucking good so far; after episode 6 and I'm sold. Hopefully it can keep the pace up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tsurezure children - Enjoy all the diabeetus if you aren't watching this yet. It's half episodes so easy to marathon.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Owari S2 is now top on MAL. Wonder how long that'll last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Owari S2 is now top on MAL. Wonder how long that'll last.
    23.2 years .
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    2 series I still need to pick up.
    What's hilarious is this week's aho girl referenced diabetes, literally in the same way we do.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I need to catch up on that, too. Think I'm 3 episodes behind now :S
    It's okay, it's like how I'm ~6 episodes behind on stuff that just released...I feel like I'm behind an episode on stuff and missed their release. Is it me or do more series have 1 episode delays?
    [CENTER]

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows that Fate series is biggest trash on internet.

Also this tread lacks jojo:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Also this tread lacks jojo:
    Good. Jojos is trash