Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post

Thanks
    That is really detailed. Is the just key art, or is that an actual shot from the anime series/movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's crazy how popular Isekai has become. I'm reading so many of them that I sometimes get confused. I like the genre but wish they'd switch it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    That is really detailed. Is the just key art, or is that an actual shot from the anime series/movie?
    Looks like a key visual to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    It's crazy how popular Isekai has become. I'm reading so many of them that I sometimes get confused. I like the genre but wish they'd switch it up a bit.
    hopefully we can get some magic high school series. those are quite rare /s
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    My favorite genre atm would probably be Isekai set in elite magic high schools.

I love Isekai and i need more Kono suba.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    That's a key visual but Hyouka is a gorgeous show and looks just about as good.

Axis Powers Hetalia

Wow, that was a very good series, bordering on great. All six seasons are available on FUNimation, and the dub is fantastic! Featuring an all-star cast of Patrick Seitz (Garrosh Hellscream from WoW, Dio from Jojo's, John Titor from Stein's Gate, Andrew from SAO) as Germany, Todd Habberkorn (Assassin and Ling Yao) as Italy, Christopher Bevins (King Bradley) as Japan, John Michael Tatum (Sebastian from Black Butler) as France, Eric Vale (Kimblee) as America, Jerry Jewell (Barry the Chopper) as Russia, Clairne Harp (Kaede from Negima) as China, and Scott Freman (Shuusei from Psycho Pass) as Britain. The 12 hour long show was time well spent; the show was at it's worst: good. At it's best: tear inducing or genuinely hysterical. Never once was there a boring or uninteresting episode. All of the characters are memorable, with more than a few entering my favorite anime character's list, and that says alot. Can't wait for another cour to be produced!

15+ Year Old Account
    Finished watching Nana. I'm not sure what I expected going in, but I ended up really enjoying it.

I can't say the story is anything special. Quite frankly, I could easily see this working as some live action television drama geared towards women. But even if it isn't anything unique, it really excels at a few things, particularly the characters. The author did a really good job of writing well-rounded and real people. There were times where I thought certain characters were total scumbags, but at the end of the day, I can't say I hate any of them. Not fully, at least. Rather than a bunch of infallible protagonists and malevolent antagonists, they all just felt like regular people, each with their own flaws and problems.

It also sucked me in really easily. I mean, I watched 47 episodes of the same show in little more than a week. It's been a while since an anime has absorbed my attention that much.

My biggest complaint is the ending, though. To be fair, despite being an adaptation of an unfinished manga, the ending was actually pretty conclusive and well done. My only issue is (major spoilers) it doesn't explain what happened to Nana. The natural assumption is she became super famous or something and was too busy to see everyone. I feel like that's what they were getting at, I just don't get why there wasn't something conclusive showing it. Even seeing Nana on a billboard when Hachiko was walking with her child would have been enough. It's a small detail but it annoys me as it would had made the ending a bit more emotional.

It's hard to pick a favourite character, since I liked a lot of them. Reira was the cutest, though Miyu was also pretty cute despite only showing up a few episodes near the end. Yasu was best bro.

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, 9/10

10+ Year Old Account
    One more reason why fate is shit:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I like how all the city girls are freaking out and the country girl just nabs the bug with a pair of chopsticks.

I grew up in a small town, moved to the big city to get a decent job so it got me in the feels.

They spiced up the opening in season 2 with some fan service and a more energetic song, I bet there was ratings trouble.

Done by the same people who did Shirobako? It was a nice change from the typical teens in school series that are everywhere these days. Characters experience a lot of personal growth.

I liked it enough to watch all 25 episodes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    https://kevinpennyfeather.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/sakura-quest-apr-27-2017-14-23-56.gif

I like how all the city girls are freaking out and the country girl just nabs the bug with a pair of chopsticks.

I grew up in a small town, moved to the big city to get a decent job so it got me in the feels.

They spiced up the opening in season 2 with some fan service and a more energetic song, I bet there was ratings trouble.

Done by the same people who did Shirobako? It was a nice change from the typical teens in school series that are everywhere these days. Characters experience a lot of personal growth.

I liked it enough to watch all 25 episodes.
    I was a fan as well. Critics felt that it was a bit boring and simple, but I felt some catharsis from the show and came to enjoy watching it as it aired. I grew up in a beach tourism city so I can't relate directly but that didn't really affect my ability to appreciate the show.

Also, adult female anime characters are the best.

Minister of IT best girl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    One more reason why fate is shit:
    >$450
    >overboard
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Incoming harem Isekai where the MC attends a magic school.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Incoming harem Isekai where the MC attends a magic school.
    Familiar of zero already did it

10+ Year Old Account
    I.e Zero no Tsukaima

>mobage
    >pronouncing japanese shortenings like they were English

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Familiar of zero already did it
    Expected. Anytime I start a sentence with "They should/could make..." it's an auto "Simpson's did it!" moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inuyashiki Episode 8---- wow....that was even a bigger mascare than in Ajin.
    Don't sweat the details!!!