10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I've never read the manga
    It passed the bait barrier in episode 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Welp, it's official. Mitsuboshi Colors is the best show this season.

Gotta love kid-logic. They can use an enzyme found in natto to clean up standing water so lets just toss some natto in the local pond.
    pretty meh on this show so far.

episode 2 I'm just glad they decided to spare mankind

Last edited by bals; 2018-01-15 at 04:57 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon?

Well, is it? Yes. Because out of all the girls who Bell might end up with, the one girl who he meets in a dungeon is the last on my list. This show is kind of like Torchlight 1, and the characters know they're adventurers who "level up" and gain skills, as well as get drops off the monsters they kill. The monsters even have respawn timers. It mixes action, comedy, and a touch of romance (like, a tiny touch), showing Bell as he's a newbie adventurer trying to level up to impress a chick. The meta aspects are enjoyable if you like things like Order of the Stick. Not so much that they know they're in an anime, or in a fantasy world, but just the fact that they level up, by way of the god that runs the adventure guild they're in. So it's just meta enough. But it's not just about the dungeon crawling. There are a host of characters to introduce, and learn about along they way. They're all likable in their own way, and I'm particularly fond of Lili, due to some personal reasons. The dub cast is solid, lotta people I'm mostly unfamiliar with, but they all play their parts well.

But I'll be goddamned if this is yet another that leaves you hanging, and feeling unfinished. It introduces this fantasy world filled with monster killing, loot gathering, and multiple races (we see cat girls and elves and half-elves, as well as the gods), but doesn't really bother to explore a lot of it. The ending was very unsatisfactory, and basically introduces another plot point. Considering the far gap between Bell and Ais in terms of power, there is so much more story to tell and so much more world to explore. The good news is that as I was finishing this anime, news came out about a project being worked on that is speculated to be a season 2 (a game is already known, but lucky me, no PC release because fuck them) https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...roject/.126434 . So, maybe I'll get lucky, and in three or four years when this gets dubbed by Sentai I'll get to see the conclusion. Overall, very fun show, especially if you're into some RPG elements (without forcing it into the Isekai genre). But...fuck, man.

Also, the opening theme is nice, but starts off sounding exactly like the opening of Chunibyou.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-01-15 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hestia is brestia, but something irked me about Ais. Maybe it was the almost mindless personality, or Bell's blind naivete about anything around him, making him seemingly only care about her. Probably both.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-01-15 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon?

Well, is it? Yes. Because out of all the girls who Bell might end up with, the one girl who he meets in a dungeon is the last on my list. This show is kind of like Torchlight 1, and the characters know they're adventurers who "level up" and gain skills, as well as get drops off the monsters they kill. The monsters even have respawn timers. It mixes action, comedy, and a touch of romance (like, a tiny touch), showing Bell as he's a newbie adventurer trying to level up to impress a chick. The meta aspects are enjoyable if you like things like Order of the Stick. Not so much that they know they're in an anime, or in a fantasy world, but just the fact that they level up, by way of the god that runs the adventure guild they're in. So it's just meta enough. But it's not just about the dungeon crawling. There are a host of characters to introduce, and learn about along they way. They're all likable in their own way, and I'm particularly fond of Lili, due to some personal reasons. The dub cast is solid, lotta people I'm mostly unfamiliar with, but they all play their parts well.

But I'll be goddamned if this is yet another that leaves you hanging, and feeling unfinished. It introduces this fantasy world filled with monster killing, loot gathering, and multiple races (we see cat girls and elves and half-elves, as well as the gods), but doesn't really bother to explore a lot of it. The ending was very unsatisfactory, and basically introduces another plot point. Considering the far gap between Bell and Ais in terms of power, there is so much more story to tell and so much more world to explore. The good news is that as I was finishing this anime, news came out about a project being worked on that is speculated to be a season 2 (a game is already known, but lucky me, no PC release because fuck them) https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...roject/.126434 . So, maybe I'll get lucky, and in three or four years when this gets dubbed by Sentai I'll get to see the conclusion. Overall, very fun show, especially if you're into some RPG elements (without forcing it into the Isekai genre). But...fuck, man.

Also, the opening theme is nice, but starts off sounding exactly like the opening of Chunibyou.
    You could always try reading the novels if you're really curious about how the story continues. There are 10 or 11 volumes officially translated, but shouldn't be too hard to find the translations somewhere floating around the net.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Now do yourself a favour and watch Dungeon: Best girl edition.

Actually no, stop, don't.

Read the manga instead. Manga is 10x better. I'm not kidding.

Anime is fine for the slice of life and comedy moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Now do yourself a favour and watch Dungeon: Best girl edition.

Actually no, stop, don't.

Read the manga instead. Manga is 10x better. I'm not kidding.

Anime is fine for the slice of life and comedy moments.
    Nah better to watch KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World!.

Aiz is a primo example of how a voice actor can make or break a character. Her English actress made her come across as a twat as opposed to the aloof autist qt she was in the original. Speaking of Sword Oratorio, I need to finish. It was finally starting to get interesting.

Unrelated, wife and I started Haruhi last week and made a point to watch the entirety of the Endless Eight in one sitting. She's a film major so I was curious to see what she thought about it. She loved everything about it except for Mikuru and her terrible ass voice. She is going to flip once we watch the movie and she sees that the E8 wasn't pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Pachinko..
    Or a mobage with lots of collectible waifus for the whales out there.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Or a mobage with lots of collectible waifus for the whales out there.
    Speaking of which, Azur lane has some really cute anime grills

Girls' Frontline has cuter. no bias i swear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Speaking of which, Azur lane has some really cute anime grills
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    WTB EN releases for both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    WTB EN releases for both of these.
    GF EN soon™

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    from the fan art I've seen I like azur lane more. not going to play either though

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!