10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Can your wallet even survive that?
    Probably, I haven't spent a crazy amount in F/GO considering what I have and how much time I've put in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished Ah! My Goddess. It was fun at first, but it got super repetitive. Keiichi's in trouble, Belldandy saves him, he feels like shit because he sucks, she feels bad about her feelings, he reassures her, the end. Episodes should have focused more on side characters, like Skuld, Hasegawa, and the girl they introduced who used to run the auto club and then forgot about, except when they hinted at her lesbianism. Ending was a cop out too, since Keiichi said "I love you" more than once throughout the series, so it wasn't a big deal either way. Also I didn't like Marller, and didn't care about any episode where she was trying to screw with everything. Forty-eight episodes was probably too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [video=youtube;JLwis1lMTnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLwis1lMTnE[video]
    Saber what do you want?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Saber what do you want?
    "correction: it's nero not saber"

but it is saber ;_;

i've still never watched sesto's translation of that one video

whoops sorry it was dal
    Last edited by bals; 2018-01-17 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    "correction: it's nero not saber"

but it is saber ;_;

i've still never watched sesto's translation of that one video

whoops sorry it was dal
    that's Sesto's, not Dal's.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    that's Sesto's, not Dal's.
    so i was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Koi wa Ameagari no You ni: The age gap is too creepy for me. I think I’d like it more if the old guy wasn’t a loser, but he’s just not likeable at all.
    I've put off watching that one because I read quite a few chapters of the manga and I felt the same way. Main girl was a qt but the boss was just ugh

I was hoping that Sweetness and Lightning would go more into the age gap thing with the dad and Kotori since it was an organic direction to go in but it never happened. I really only picked up After the Rain hoping it would explore that sort of relationship in an interesting way that Sweetness missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So another netfix anime:

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Fantasy
    Type: Movie

The last summer of the 20th Century. That day, the human beings learn that they are not the only ruler of the planet Earth. The appearance of the giant living creatures “Kaiju's” and the ultimate existence that destroys all monsters: Godzilla. Through the battle against kaiju's that lasted for half a century, human beings has experienced continuous defeat, and finally plans to escape from the Earth. And in 2048, only those who were selected by the A.I. managed under the central government boarded the inter-sidereal emigrant spaceship “Aratrum” to head for “Tau Cetus e”, the planet beyond the distance of 11.9 light-year. However, the environmental condition differences between that of the Earth and Tau e, which they finally arrived after 20 years were far beyond the predicted numbers, and was not an environment considered to be habitable by human beings. The young man on the emigrant ship: Haruo, who saw his parents killed by Godzilla in front of his eyes when he was 4 years old, had only one thing in his mind for 20 years: to return to the Earth and defeat Godzilla. Shut out from the possibility of emigration, as the living environment in the ship deteriorates, the group of “Earth Returnists” led by Haruo became the majority, and determines to head back to Earth through a dangerous long-distance hyperspace navigation. However, the Earth they have returned has already passed the time of 20,000 years, and has become an unknown world with the ecosystem reigned by Godzilla. At the end, will human beings win back the Earth? And what will Haruo see beyond his fate?

I wonder if its any good.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I wonder if its any good.
    Is the dub out yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Is the dub out yet?
    Yeh its not even japanese. The style they used kinda looks like this:
    http://shrani.si/f/3T/ko/1ysuH8oR/wa...-kaijuu-wa.png
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Sometimes i pray to Aqua and Eris for a Konosuba season 3 ;__;
    Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2018-01-18 at 12:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    but konosuba season 2 already exists

but konosuba season 2 already exists
    I meant 3 .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yeh its not even japanese. The style they used kinda looks like this:
    http://shrani.si/f/3T/ko/1ysuH8oR/wa...-kaijuu-wa.png
    Not even Japanese? But it is.

It's literally just CGI. It's by Polygon, so of course it looks like that.

- - - Updated - - -

So I know this thread has done that multiple-times-a-week voting shit for the past couple of years, but with the Crunchyroll Anime Awards coming up I thought it'd be cool to see what everyone would vote for.

Link to the nominees

Anyways, my choices would be:

Anime of the Year:

Land of the Lustrous

Best Action:
    Land of the Lustrous

Best Animation:
    A Silent Voice

Best CGI:
    Land of the Lustrous

Best Comedy:
    Gamers!

Best Continuing Series:
    March Comes in Like a Lion S2

Best Drama:
    March Comes in Like a Lion S2

Best Boy:
    Rei Kiriyama

Best Girl:
    Chise Hatori

Best Film:

A Silent Voice

Best Manga:
    My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness

Best Opening:
    Here - The Ancient Magus' Bride

Best Ending:
    Kirameku Hamabe - Land of the Lustrous

Best Score:
    Made in Abyss

Best Slice of Life:
    Girls' Last Tour

Best Hero:

Nanachi - Made in Abyss

Best Villain:
    Hiro Shishigami - Inuyashiki

Anime of the Year was hardest for me. I also wanted to vote for Made in Abyss and 3gatsu S2, but Gems stole my heart. MiA is AotY material, and 3gatsu is an amazing production, but gems is gems.

Was considering Attack on Titan S2 for Action, but the fight scenes in Gems blew SnK out of the water, even though they had an upper hand through CGI.

Drama was also tough, because I have a soft spot for Scum's Wish, and Made in Abyss has some great scenes, but 3gatsu has some of the best dramatic moments I've ever seen. Also helped seal the deal for Best Boy, cause Rei has some amazing depth to him.

Disappointed in the choices for Best Girl though, wasn't much to choose from.

Hadn't really read much of Best Manga, but the Lesbian manga is well received and I've read some of it.

Slice of Life was tough. Tanks isn't really a SoL, but it's by far the best made of the lot.

Nanachi didn't really feel like a hero, but I feel like she did enough to qualify her as being very heroic, more than the others I know at least.

Best villain was the toughest. Tanya, Bondrewd, and Hiro are all great villains. Tanya I don't really feel deserves the vote, because she didn't really fit the villain role as it should be. Ended up going with Hiro though, mainly because Bondrewd didn't really show up much in the show, and Hiro did some batshit stuff that really painted him as a complete psychopath that needed to be stopped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I will bite even though I have seen probably less than half of the series involved.

Anime of the Year:
    Made in Abyss

Finally got around to watching this and it's as good as everyone said.

Best Action:
    My Hero Academia S2

Easiest choice of the lot. This is how you do a shounen action series. Plus, Tournament Arc!!!

Best Animation:
    N/A

Honestly, out of what I have seen in this category nothing really stands out. That's kinda more a problem with anime in general these days. Everything is fine but nothing really stands out.

Best CGI:

N/A

I would most likely vote for that Gem series since I have seen clips and it looks pretty good for CGI (and I really, really hate CGI) but I have not actually sat down to watch the series yet.

Best Comedy:
    Konosuba S2

Of course. Could it be anything else? Although I would have liked to see Gabriel Dropout at least get a nom. Side note, with Gabriel Dropout, Konosuba, Demi-chan, and Maid Dragon, Winter 2017 was a damn good season for comedy.

Best Continuing Series:

?

What even is this category? How are March Comes in Like a Lion and Iron Blooded Orphans "continuing" but My Hero Academia isn't?

Best Drama:
    Made in Abyss

This is a tough one. Pretty much a toss up between MiA and March Comes in Like a Lion but Made in Abyss went some really interesting places. Magus Bride could be great as well but it is still airing so no vote for unfinished series.

Best Boy:
    Deku

Duh. Deku is the man.

Best Girl:
    Ochako Uraraka

Ochako was already great, but her arc is S2 was just outstanding.

Best Film:
    N/A

Have not seen a single one of these.

Best Manga:
    Golden Kamuy

I actually just started reading this the other day and it's pretty damn interesting thus far. Also, never even heard of any of the others.

Best Opening:
    Bon Appétit S - Blend S

Screw the nominations, this is the best opening of the year!

Best Ending:
    Step Up Love - Kekkai Sensen & Beyond S2

So good. Not quite as good as Sugar Song and Bitter Step, the S1 ending, but still great.

Best Score:
    Made in Abyss

Just a solid ost.

Best Slice of Life:

Interviews With Monster Girls

Quite a few really good SoL series this year but Demi-chan is the best for sure.

Best Hero:
    Deku - My Hero Academia

It's not even a contest! Deku should win this in a landslide.

Best Villain:

Hiro Shishigami - Inuyashiki

I would almost go with Stain, but honestly he is almost more of an anti-hero really.

At least Yuri on Ice is gone so it can't flood all the wins ;D

Although I laughed when I saw "Best Boy- Kazuma".

Kazuma deserves this.

After looking through it, I honestly think this might just be a repeat of the Yuri on Ice nonsense, but with My Hero Academia.

I dunno. Hope I'm wrong, even though I love My Hero Academia.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-01-18 at 06:47 AM.

Those awards nominees make it seem like there wasn't shit for anime in 2017. It's like they picked the top ten normie shows of the year and divvied them up into those categories.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finished RahXephon. It was okay. My enjoyment dwindled somewhere around halfway through. Even ignoring the plot (which was needlessly obscure at times), the characters themselves sort of became progressively worse. Haruka is the perfect example of this as she was completely laughable as a character by the end.

I liked what they were going for, and the concept was neat (Isshiki/Itsuki/Helena flashback episode was really great), it just wasn't executed well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished RahXephon. It was okay. My enjoyment dwindled somewhere around halfway through. Even ignoring the plot (which was needlessly obscure at times), the characters themselves sort of became progressively worse. Haruka is the perfect example of this as she was completely laughable as a character by the end.

I liked what they were going for, and the concept was neat (Isshiki/Itsuki/Helena flashback episode was really great), it just wasn't executed well.
    I watched that show AGES ago. I remember not liking it, finding it to be one of those mindfuck mecha shows, but I recall it having a happy ending. Or maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I don't foresee a rewatch to remember what it was about.

Anime of the Year:

Made in Abyss

Best Action:
    Abstain: I did not watch/finish any of these shows

Best Animation:
    Little Witch Academia

Best CGI:
    I only finished re:creators but since I've heard good things about the CGI of Houseki no Kuni, I'll go with that.

Best Comedy:
    Gamers

Best Continuing Series:
    Abstain: I did not watch any of these shows

Best Drama:
    Kuzu no Honkai

Best Boy:
    Abstain: I didn't watch any of the shows these were in.

Best Girl:
    Shit list but if I had to pick, Chise.

Best Film:

Only Kizumono and Heaven's Feel out of these are 2017 films, and I haven't watched either of them.
    Out of the ones listed I'll pick Girls und Panzer Der Film even though it's 2015 film.

Best Manga:
    Abstain: I did not read any of these.

Best Opening:
    The other side of the wall - Void_Chords feat. Maru (Princess Principal)

Best Ending:
    Behind - Karin Isobe, Yuna Yoshina and Lynn (Just Because)

Best Score:
    Made in Abyss

Best Slice of Life:
    I only finished Tsuki ga Kirei but I don't consider slice of life in the sense the other shows in the list are so I'll abstain. Whoever put Tsuki ga Kirei here most likely did not watch the show.

Best Hero:

Nanachi

Best Villain:
    I refuse to vote.
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2018-01-18 at 09:30 AM.