Violet Evergarden Episode 2

Hodgins says that "He's not coming back", which doesn't necessarily confirm that Gilbert is dead. There are five things I can think of, in order of likelihood.

1. Gilbert is in a coma.
    2. Gilbert is alive but is so psychologically devastated, he'll never be himself again.
    3. Gilbert is actually a traitor, and Hodgins can't bear to tell Violet that man she loved betrayed them.
    4. Gilbert is MIA, possibly captured by the enemy nation and still in custody after the truce.
    5. Gilbert is actually dead.

Not much else to say about the episode, though it was cool to see that the pub decorated in flowers that Hodgins went to is based off of the Churchill Arms in London.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone convince me My Bride is a Mermaid is worth continuing. Seven episodes in, dropped. Everything is way over the top, got sick quickly of everybody just trying to kill the main character, the actual humor dropped off dramatically after the first couple episodes. I was about halfway through the "Sun vs. Luna" battle with the school, and found it the dumbest shit ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san - Ok, somewhat forgettable compared to the other slice of life, cute girl shows of the season so far. Obvious yuri tones, but I can't help but wonder where this show will go now that everyone has had a chance to eat with the popular girl.

A Place Further than the Universe - I assumed this show would get to Antarctica pretty quickly. It does not appear to be the case so far. It's cool though, because the characters are great and have gotten me in tears more than once already, while managing to be funny enough. That anticipation is probably making this show better. This and Yuru Camp are definitely getting finished.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    low quality bait has never been of lower quality.

Deleted
    Meh, dropping Violet Evergarden after two eps. Even Mahoutsukai no Yome (another recently overhyped anime) made me stay for longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Meh, dropping Violet Evergarden after two eps. Even Mahoutsukai no Yome (another recently overhyped anime) made me stay for longer.
    so. what did you expect from it when it's literally what the synopsis and PVs promised it would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    so. what did you expect from it when it's literally what the synopsis and PVs promised it would be?
    Well it was fun enough while it lasted.

Well it was fun enough while it lasted.
    what do you mean "while it lasted"
    only two episodes are out man.

what do you mean "while it lasted"
    only two episodes are out man.
    Wrong quote sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    I didn't expect anything, really. Unlike many people I don't jump on the first hype train available.

By the way, I don't watch PVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I didn't expect anything, really. Unlike many people I don't jump on the first hype train available.
    yet you decided to watch it without looking up what it's about

By the way, I don't watch PVs.
    maybe you should, to avoid watching things you don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah better to watch KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World!.
    I second this, I am watching DanMachi now and honestly it's the same cliche bunch of girls keep falling on clueless protagonist dick with mustache twirling villain plotting shit from shadows, except in fantasy setting with gamey vibe. It's not really funny and it is also hard to take seriously too. It's stuck in that grey area where it undershoots seriousness and humor at the same time, making it bland.

At the very least KonoSuba is actually light and funny without having to resort to girls being head over heels for the protagonist (who is both not clueless and is a pervert with actual malicious intent to boot - honestly my favorite type of protagonist, as opposed to stock autistic protagonist who seems to not pick up on obvious clues until like very end, if that) and instead are in his party for their own (hilariously silly) reasons. It is a parody kind of thing and is meant to be so, which makes it much better, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Droped:
    Violet Evergarden...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN G. No seriosly, its that boring.

Watched today:
    Gradcrest senki new ep....it fells like the time jump in this anime is super big
    Darling in the FranXX...it fells like killa la kill, but with more romance
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Tried to pick Honey and Clover back up after putting it on hold nearly four years ago.

Dropped it. I just can't do it. Having the main love interest look like she's 8 years old (despite being 18 somehow) is one thing, but having her act like it is another thing entirely. It's unbearable. They might as well have gone all the way and make her actually 8 years old instead of half-assing it with this literal autistic midget.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Tried to pick Honey and Clover back up after putting it on hold nearly four years ago. Dropped it. I just can't do it. Having the main love interest look like she's 8 years old
    downloading intensifies. jk description sounds like shit

at least he has good taste in girls

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Someone convince me My Bride is a Mermaid is worth continuing. Seven episodes in, dropped. Everything is way over the top, got sick quickly of everybody just trying to kill the main character, the actual humor dropped off dramatically after the first couple episodes. I was about halfway through the "Sun vs. Luna" battle with the school, and found it the dumbest shit ever.
    bruh, just drop it. no one is going to "convince" you that it's any different than what it actually is. if you don't like something don't watch it. I swear anime fans have the weirdest obsession with wanting to like things or finish watching things they don't like

darling in the franxx ep 2 the gundams remind me a lot of diebusters
    Last edited by bals; 2018-01-21 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

Basically about a girl trolling her male friend in middle-school ways. Also she probably likes him. Makes it somehow entertaining. Only watched the first episode until I realized it's getting simuldubbed, so gonna wait on that. But it might be one of those shows that gets boring after awhile. But her personality and facial expressions made the first episode really fun.

Anyone watching Darling on the Franxx?

Thoughts? is it worth watching?

10+ Year Old Account

I believe TeamFourStar said it's a worse Evangelion.

10+ Year Old Account

It's very good so far