Finally got around to watching FranXX 15. A bit melodramatic but pretty good episode. That transformation scene was a great nod to KLK. I'm definitely much more interested in the story now that it showed the human-shaped thing that was inside that broken core. Ichigo's 180 on Hiro and 02 was a bit jarring; she went from slapping her and being emo about it to "I'm happy for you two" pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account

I love loliconics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Joe knows almost all :smug:

But Suzu's goal was never to change her own future, it was to create a new world line for everyone else, as far as I know at least. She kinda knew nothing would change for her. At least, if I remember right.
    In episode 23 she was sent back to tell Okabe to go and save Kurisu, which he attempts to do and fails. There it diverges first into the S;G0 beta line where WWIII happens, which is required for him to then send back the video and have Okabe go back and save Kurisu again, this time succeeding and creating the Steins;Gate world line, correct?

Then if S;G0 is following the continuation of the beta line and the Steins;Gate world line never happened, Suzu's goal remains the same in attempting to get Okabe to go back and save Kurisu. Unless in the original beta worldline Suzu was never sent back by Okabe, and Okabe never attempted to save Kurisu the first time and failed to do so, but that wouldn't make sense, because Okabe knows he must fail once before he can go back and save her properly the second time.

Since Suzu's goal remains the same in getting Okabe to go back and create the Steins;Gate world line where WWIII never happens, I assume that's her entire purpose in S;G0 and why she's so irritated. She's essentially stuck in the current time in S;G0 with a functioning time machine and can't fulfill her goal. Though if she does fulfill her goal, she then disappears

Though I could be completely wrong here. I haven't seen the S;G 23 beta episode yet, going to watch it soon with a friend so I'm waiting on it. Though now that I'm thinking about it, for Okabe to fail once, Suzu would have to go back on future Okabe's orders to try and save Kurisu with no video, since Okabe does not know that past Okabe will fail, so he doesn't make a video. But then that would mean that there are multiple futures. One where Okabe never goes back to save Kurisu, which is required for him to go in the future and have Suzu sent back to attempt to save her, and then have that fail and the S;G0 beta line happen, where that Okabe then sends Suzu back with the intent for him to fail once and then show him the video to try again and succeed. S;G0 could be in that middle line where Okabe already lived into WWIII once, sent Suzu back, Suzu failed, Okabe is living through the beta line again with that knowledge and Suzu beside him, and then realizes he can send back the video to have the Steins;Gate line Okabe watch the video after failing, save Kurisu, and open up the Steins;Gate world line.

Either way, the Suzu in the Steins;Gate 0 beta line wants Okabe to still go back, right? Though if he does, she will disappear like she did when the Steins;Gate world line was created in episode 23. I assume her disappearing meant she actually disappeared from existence, because in the Steins;Gate world line she was never sent back by Okabe because WWIII never happened.

Holy fuck this shit is confusing. I think I lost myself half way through there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched my first reverse harem, Kiss Him, Not Me. The other "WataMote". I like the fujoshi main character as well as Nishina geeking out over anime things and shipping, and it was amusing. Just not quite as funny as I had hoped, and the show was meant purely for humor. But, it was entertaining enough. They kind of shoved character backstories in late, and focused too much on some characters and not enough on others, but oh well.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-04-26 at 07:16 PM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yagate Kimi ni Naru Gets TV Anime in October

Yuu has always loved shoujo manga and awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes, and yet when a junior high classmate confesses his feelings to her...she feels nothing. Disappointed and confused, Yuu enters high school still unsure how to respond. That's when Yuu sees the beautiful student council president Nanami turn down a suitor with such maturity that she's inspired to ask her for help. But when the next person to confess to Yuu is Nanami herself, has her shoujo romance finally begun?
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ctober/.130800

I've been reading this. It's cute and the art is pretty good. The story is decent and has a little bit of weight despite being yuri.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I've been reading this. It's cute and the art is pretty good. The story is decent and has a little bit of weight despite being yuri.
    and It's not a cringy melo-drama shit show like the 2 previous yuri adaptions. so that's always a plus.

- - - Updated - - -

'neverland-anime.com' Domain Registered Alongside Launch of Yakusoku no Neverland Twitter Account

The domain name "neverland-anime.com" was registered on April 20 by a company or individual located in Japan.

Shueisha also launched an official Twitter account for Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu's The Promised Neverland (Yakusoku no Neverland) manga on Monday.

Emma, Norman and Ray are the brightest kids at the Grace Field House orphanage. And under the care of the woman they refer to as “Mom,” all the kids have enjoyed a comfortable life. Good food, clean clothes and the perfect environment to learn. One day, though, Emma and Norman uncover the dark truth of the outside world they are forbidden from seeing.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...ccount/.130762

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    and It's not a cringy melo-drama shit show like the 2 previous yuri adaptions. so that's always a plus.
    Right? I'm legit excited about the announcement. It's a good manga.

Okay I'm gonna make an attempt here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    In episode 23 she was sent back to tell Okabe to go and save Kurisu, which he attempts to do and fails. There it diverges first into the S;G0 beta line where WWIII happens, which is required for him to then send back the video and have Okabe go back and save Kurisu again, this time succeeding and creating the Steins;Gate world line, correct?
    Yes. This is why I said S;G0 isn't a spinoff, and it isn't a side story. It's very core to the actual ending, without these events, Okabe would have never got the video encouraging him it's possible to save Kurisu. There's more to it than just this of course, a bit of a twist/revelation in regards to how he figures this out

Then if S;G0 is following the continuation of the beta line and the Steins;Gate world line never happened, Suzu's goal remains the same in attempting to get Okabe to go back and save Kurisu. Unless in the original beta worldline Suzu was never sent back by Okabe, and Okabe never attempted to save Kurisu the first time and failed to do so, but that wouldn't make sense, because Okabe knows he must fail once before he can go back and save her properly the second time.
    The Suzu thing is probably the most confusing here. Because the ORIGINAL Suzu was sent back by Daru. Okabe died before he finished the time machine, hence Daru was the one to make the time machine.

The one that shows up at the end of S;G is a 2nd Suzu, that was sent yeah, to specifically get Okabe to save Kurisu. It's unclear if that Suzu for the first attempt is actually the same Suzu in the second attempt though, to me at least.
    Since she says "I'm sorry I misled you" basically since she knew the first attempt would fail, it seems as if it's the same Suzu.

But it's a different Suzu than the one who's in S;G0 I believe, since the events that happen in S;G0 are what enable the ending to S;G.

It's wonky time travel nonsense.
    The S;G ending already takes into account that the events of S;G0 happened. So at some point, for S;G's ending to happen, there has to be a point where Okabe gives up on saving Kurisu. Otherwise, Okabe would never make the time machine that sends back Suzu

Since Suzu's goal remains the same in getting Okabe to go back and create the Steins;Gate world line where WWIII never happens, I assume that's her entire purpose in S;G0 and why she's so irritated. She's essentially stuck in the current time in S;G0 with a functioning time machine and can't fulfill her goal. Though if she does fulfill her goal, she then disappears
    She's torn between being mad at Okabe, but also definitely sympathetic to how much pain he's been through. But yeah, she's definitely irritated about the whole situation. Although it makes me wonder how they're going to handle how the visual novel did it, because

These are Steins;Gate 0 visual novel ending spoilers-
    There's an ending called Vega and Altair, where Suza and Mayuri decide to time travel instead to encourage Okabe to try again. This is apparently covered a bit more in another drama CD more in depth, but it's why Mayuri slaps Okabe instead of protecting him. Because future Mayuri calls past Mayuri, and warns her that Hououin Kyouma will disappear if she does nothing. So...this is technically a part of the ending that IS needed too, in order to fulfill the real ending.

Though I could be completely wrong here. I haven't seen the S;G 23 beta episode yet, going to watch it soon with a friend so I'm waiting on it. Though now that I'm thinking about it, for Okabe to fail once, Suzu would have to go back on future Okabe's orders to try and save Kurisu with no video, since Okabe does not know that past Okabe will fail, so he doesn't make a video. But then that would mean that there are multiple futures. One where Okabe never goes back to save Kurisu, which is required for him to go in the future and have Suzu sent back to attempt to save her, and then have that fail and the S;G0 beta line happen, where that Okabe then sends Suzu back with the intent for him to fail once and then show him the video to try again and succeed. S;G0 could be in that middle line where Okabe already lived into WWIII once, sent Suzu back, Suzu failed, Okabe is living through the beta line again with that knowledge and Suzu beside him, and then realizes he can send back the video to have the Steins;Gate line Okabe watch the video after failing, save Kurisu, and open up the Steins;Gate world line.
    I have never seen that episode myself honestly. It seems like it's just a general sum up of the end result that S;G0 needs to head towards.
    The issue with S;G that I won't ever deny is that the whole time line nonsense is...well, a headache to deal with.
    It's like, there's one situation that could be world line that's 1.00001315151%, and then another that's 1.00001315152%, and the difference being some clock broke or something.
    This is a bit of guesswork here, but I guess there's two different futures.

One where Future Okabe had no idea his past self will fail.
    Once he fails though, it shifts to the S;G0 WL, where he knows he fails, so he sends the video.
    Although, the video was there even in the original S;G at the start. Okabe gets a scrambled/corrupted text that he ignores. So it's a bit hard to say. I imagine the corruption is because the text couldn't send properly between world lines.

Either way, the Suzu in the Steins;Gate 0 beta line wants Okabe to still go back, right? Though if he does, she will disappear like she did when the Steins;Gate world line was created in episode 23. I assume her disappearing meant she actually disappeared from existence, because in the Steins;Gate world line she was never sent back by Okabe because WWIII never happened.
    Yes, and yes. I guess the better way to think of the world lines are as railroad tracks. There's still only one train (reality), but it switches between them. By forcing it back onto another track, she disappears because that future doesn't happen.

The reason she isn't been TOO pushy about it is because the time machine can sit there safely for a year before they risk not having enough fuel.

Holy fuck this shit is confusing. I think I lost myself half way through there.
    I think I did too.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-04-26 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comic Girls episode 4 summed up in one image.

This show is consistently making me laugh, and it's cute and fun. It's like Slow Start from last season, but with an actual premise. Although Slow Start had an actual supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Comic Girls episode 4 summed up in one image.

This show is consistently making me laugh, and it's cute and fun. It's like Slow Start from last season, but with an actual premise. Although Slow Start had an actual supporting cast.
    That's a lot of panties.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

new game s1 and 2 what a bunch of indecent lesbians. Ko was probably my favourite girl. ponytail suit had a great design. Also found it comical that they talk about how important it is to design the background characters carefully in game but then the anime doesn't ever put any effort into background characters. praise the shitty japanese work conditions!
    Spoiler: 

anti-bully ranger makes her appearance!

do people actually hold their controllers like this?
    Last edited by bals; 2018-04-26 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    do people actually hold their controllers like this?
    I always held an N64 controller the "wrong" way. My right hand on the right end, as usual, but the left hand on the left end, instead of the middle. It always felt unnatural to me to use the control stick from the angle of below it when holding the middle part.

I liked Ko too, second only to Waifumi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I always held an N64 controller the "wrong" way. My right hand on the right end, as usual, but the left hand on the left end, instead of the middle. It always felt unnatural to me to use the control stick from the angle of below it when holding the middle part.

I liked Ko too, second only to Waifumi.
    That sounds super awkward for hitting the Z trigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah. Really cool series. Now we just need a Dr. Stone anime as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    That sounds super awkward for hitting the Z trigger.
    Nah, I could just stretch my fingers on my right hand that were already under the controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The Suzu thing is probably the most confusing here. Because the ORIGINAL Suzu was sent back by Daru. Okabe died before he finished the time machine, hence Daru was the one to make the time machine.
    Oh shit I forgot about this. Okabe died in the resistance fighting against SERN, but in the WWIII timeline he doesn't die and is able to send the video back. Correct?

The one that shows up at the end of S;G is a 2nd Suzu, that was sent yeah, to specifically get Okabe to save Kurisu. It's unclear if that Suzu for the first attempt is actually the same Suzu in the second attempt though, to me at least.
    Since she says "I'm sorry I misled you" basically since she knew the first attempt would fail, it seems as if it's the same Suzu.

But it's a different Suzu than the one who's in S;G0 I believe, since the events that happen in S;G0 are what enable the ending to S;G.
    That makes sense. The Suzu in the original episode 23 would have been sent back by an Okabe who knew to send the video, while the Suzu in the beta episode 23 is sent back by the "first" Okabe, who sent Suzu back without any idea to send a video as well or that Steins;Gate Okabe would fail.

It's wonky time travel nonsense.
    The S;G ending already takes into account that the events of S;G0 happened. So at some point, for S;G's ending to happen, there has to be a point where Okabe gives up on saving Kurisu. Otherwise, Okabe would never make the time machine that sends back Suzu
    Timeline wise it would go Steins;Gate episode 1-22, 23 beta, Steins;Gate 0, normal 23, 24-25, movie. Right?

I have never seen that episode myself honestly. It seems like it's just a general sum up of the end result that S;G0 needs to head towards.
    The issue with S;G that I won't ever deny is that the whole time line nonsense is...well, a headache to deal with.
    It's like, there's one situation that could be world line that's 1.00001315151%, and then another that's 1.00001315152%, and the difference being some clock broke or something.
    This is a bit of guesswork here, but I guess there's two different futures.
    Even though this is tough to work through, it actually feels more coherent than a lot of time travel stories I've seen. Almost fun to work through. I'm excited to see how S;G does it, but it's strange knowing how it has to go a certain way, as it essentially takes place between the 23 beta and normal 23 time, so the events that lead to normal 23 have to happen in S;G0 or it fucks everything up.

One where Future Okabe had no idea his past self will fail.
    Once he fails though, it shifts to the S;G0 WL, where he knows he fails, so he sends the video.
    Although, the video was there even in the original S;G at the start. Okabe gets a scrambled/corrupted text that he ignores. So it's a bit hard to say. I imagine the corruption is because the text couldn't send properly between world lines.
    So if you break it up there should be three Okabe's.

1: Okabe who sent Suzu back after finding out Kurisu is the key to stopping WWIII, he lived through WWIII after the original seasons episode 1-22, 23 never happened either alpha or beta. This Okabe has not been adapted, only inferred.

2: Okabe who receives the Suzu #1 sent by #1 Okabe in episode 23 beta, who fails to save Kurisu and lives through into WWIII. This is the Steins;Gate 0 Okabe.

3: Okabe of the original episode 23-25 + movie. The "true end" Okabe who meets Suzu #2 who it told by #2 Okabe after failing once to try again and succeed. This leads to the proper end of the show.

Then there would be three Suzu's, the two listed above, and the Suzu of SERN that played through the events of episodes 1-22.

Gonna pass on the S;G0 spoilers, gomen.

My head still hurts, but it hurts less now.

You guys are killing me with those S;G spoilers. On one hand, Steins;Gate discussion? Must. Click. On the other hand... spoilers, I can't click. I feel so conflicted...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    You guys are killing me with those S;G spoilers. On one hand, Steins;Gate discussion? Must. Click. On the other hand... spoilers, I can't click. I feel so conflicted...
    We can still talk abauth the old one.
    Don't sweat the details!!!