Quote Originally Posted by Misjudged Maaanwell View Post
    If no one has seen "Your Name"

its a pretty cute movie i just saw with wife. would recommend
    Saw this in the cinema, it was an excellent experience and I hope more get brought to UK cinemas.

Your Name was good, but just that. I much preferred Koe no Katachi for a "feels" movie, especially since I was bullied in school.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Your Name was good, but just that. I much preferred Koe no Katachi for a "feels" movie, especially since I was bullied in school.
    you're like 6'3" an a farmer boy. How could you of been bullied..
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Saw it last year. It was an "okay" film; besides the wallpaper-like visuals and the breathtaking, hand-drawn vision sequence, I didn't think there was much substance to the film. Of his films so far, 5 Centimeters Per Second resonated with me the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I've been looking forward to A Silent Voice, but as of right now there is no legal way to view it in the US, at least according to because.moe.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of "feelsy, oscar-bait" films, Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms comes out in a couple months. I suppose your thoughts on the film will depend on your opinion of Mari Okada (which I recall more than a few of you disliking when she was brought up during IBO...). The other film is from China, Big Fish and Begonia, which came out on the 6th, but I don't know anyone who saw it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yes.

You've ignored me for the last time kiddo.

Prepare to meet your maker.

10+ Year Old Account
    soo... 6 24-min "films"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    You've ignored me for the last time kiddo.

Prepare to meet your maker.
    I'm getting to it! I've just been lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    soo... 6 24-min "films"?
    prob just 50mins so it will really be just another 12 episode but over a whole year instead of 3 months.

Lol on Actas though its not like they're already busy with GuP and now an extra set of 6 movies to do and they are masters at schedule problems.
    Hopefully 3hz will help out again like the tv-series or maybe do the majority of the movies.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Still Steins;gate nonsense.

Oh shit I forgot about this. Okabe died in the resistance fighting against SERN, but in the WWIII timeline he doesn't die and is able to send the video back. Correct?
    Yes, to put it shortly. There's more on that though specifically, but it is important to remember that Okabe originally died fighting SERN

That makes sense. The Suzu in the original episode 23 would have been sent back by an Okabe who knew to send the video, while the Suzu in the beta episode 23 is sent back by the "first" Okabe, who sent Suzu back without any idea to send a video as well or that Steins;Gate Okabe would fail.
    Pretty much how I interpret it to a degree. This DOES also tie back into the S;G0 VN spoilers you didn't want to read, which I don't blame you, but there's more to it also.
    It's basically there needs to be several events that happen to ensure Steins;Gate can be reached, and none of them were present at the start of S;G0, including the video

Timeline wise it would go Steins;Gate episode 1-22, 23 beta, Steins;Gate 0, normal 23, 24-25, movie. Right?
    Yes, with the exception of 25 not really existing it seems at this point, since it sets up for "Daru's wife" being some random person, when S;G0 makes it quite clear who it is

Even though this is tough to work through, it actually feels more coherent than a lot of time travel stories I've seen. Almost fun to work through. I'm excited to see how S;G does it, but it's strange knowing how it has to go a certain way, as it essentially takes place between the 23 beta and normal 23 time, so the events that lead to normal 23 have to happen in S;G0 or it fucks everything up.
    I mean, on the surface level it does work, with the anime too. But then you get some odd situations from the original VN and other stuff, where apparently Okabe becomes the Shadow Illuminati of Japan basically. Gamma worldline is weird.

So if you break it up there should be three Okabe's.

1: Okabe who sent Suzu back after finding out Kurisu is the key to stopping WWIII, he lived through WWIII after the original seasons episode 1-22, 23 never happened either alpha or beta. This Okabe has not been adapted, only inferred.

2: Okabe who receives the Suzu #1 sent by #1 Okabe in episode 23 beta, who fails to save Kurisu and lives through into WWIII. This is the Steins;Gate 0 Okabe.

3: Okabe of the original episode 23-25 + movie. The "true end" Okabe who meets Suzu #2 who it told by #2 Okabe after failing once to try again and succeed. This leads to the proper end of the show.

Then there would be three Suzu's, the two listed above, and the Suzu of SERN that played through the events of episodes 1-22.
    I mean, there's the possibility that Okabe 1 and 2 are the same kinda, and 1 knows that he has to fail to fuel 2's desire or something. But yeah, this is where my head starts to hurt lol

Did anyone watch Aggretsuko?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Uchiage Hanabi, Shita kara Miru ka? Yoko kara Miru ka? - 6.5/10

Movie looked and sounded great. The story itself had plenty of potential, but ultimately ended up being a head-scratcher. The supernatural element was interesting but the execution just wasn't there. Other than that, it was cute and had a nice balance of romance, comedy, and drama. There were a few cases of melodrama that kinda took away from the moment, but really, the ending was the major setback keeping this from being a solid movie. I enjoyed it, but it left me wanting closure, and that's something I don't like if there's no possibility of story continuation.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention the ending song by Daoko was really good. This MV showcases a lot of the great shots from the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this figure on twitter:
    https://ameblo.jp/fots-japan/entry-12364448417.html

It is scheduled to be released at the end of November 2018!

Product name: "Kobayashi Sanchi's May Dragon Tall Swimwear ver 1/6 Completed Figure Figure"
    Character Name: Tall
    Prototype production: liruliru
    Scale: 1/6
    Product size: Overall height about 283 mm
    Material: PMMA & PU painted finished product
    Price: ¥ 15800 (without tax)

$144,63 or 119.22 Euro
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Did anyone watch Aggretsuko?
    I did, and enjoyed some of the relatable nature. It was short and easy to throw on in the background! What’d Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I did, and enjoyed some of the relatable nature. It was short and easy to throw on in the background! What’d Ya think?
    I really enjoyed it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    Another season, another batch of cute girls. Anime really is great.

Great
    • Steins;Gate 0: It’s been so long since I’ve watched Steins;Gate, so this feels very nostalgic. Which actually serves the narrative really well, considering the story they are trying to tell. I want a cute AI waifu too.
    • Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: Narumi is really cute. I love her voice actor, she’s great despite being new. She gives me that Kumiko/Phos feel.
    • Hinamatsuri: There really isn’t much to say other than that it’s really funny.

Good
    • Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season: BnH is a bit of a hit or miss sometimes, but the latest episode was great.
    • Comic Girls: Purple is really cute.
    • Dorei-ku The Animation: This is getting quite a bit of hate but it’s actually fun. It’s kind of like Ousama Game I guess, except not fucking terrible.
    • Sword Art Online GGO: This is surprisingly enjoyable. Maybe I’m grown to like GGO because of playing Fatal Bullet, or maybe it’s because it’s like PUBG the anime. The scanning feature would be great in a real Battle Royale game.

Decent
    • Uma Musume: Pretty Derby: Anime girls based on non-human things are always lovely. I’ll take “books but they’re anime girls” or “programming languages but they’re anime girls” next, please.
    • Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: I only watched a few episodes of the original before stopping for whatever reason. This is alright so far.
    • Megalo Box: This anime feels very old, even if it’s not. There are both pros and cons to this.
    • Golden Kamuy: Asirpa is really cute.

Okay
    • Tokyo Ghoul:re: I haven’t read the manga and only have spoilers to keep me from being completely confused. I’ve never cared much for Tokyo Ghoul, honestly. But I’ll probably watch this as it’s not too terrible.
    • Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory: Even when I watched the original years ago, I never cared for the serious arcs. The comedy was always the best part. Second Raid was actually surprisingly enjoyable regardless, but this isn’t executed well.
    • Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai: Alec is really cute. But the actual show is fairly mediocre. I don’t expect much from this show, especially with it only being one cour.

Dropped
    • Last Period
    • 3D Kanojo: Real Girl
    • Mahou Shoujo Site

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll take “books but they’re anime girls” or “programming languages but they’re anime girls” next, please.
    Chobits has computers as anime girls, that's close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    *snip*
    Watch Hisone to Masotan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Waiting for Heavens Feel 1. Presage Flower to release on BD. (no screening in my country)
    Probably will be the best movie I'll see this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    And it did have a limited release in cinemas in the US last November as far as I can see.
    Good news everyone! Fathom Events is bringing the dub of Fate Heaven's Feel: Presage Flower to US theaters next month, on June 5th and 7th! Tickets go on sale in three days on May 4th!

As for the people who can't make it... getting a hold of an anime film like this legally is quite troublesome. Aniplex charges ridiculous prices for their Blu-ray sets, and streamers like Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Netflix rarely get a hold of them.