10+ Year Old Account
    Over the past few days, I've been watching Shiny Knees Music Idol Show number one. The story in Love Live was unusually paced. It felt like it moved way too fast. Issues were brought up and then resolved really quickly. Sunshine felt much better paced. That said, Love Live felt much more lighthearted than Sunshine as a result. I definitely liked the characters more too. They had more distinct personalities, and I didn't dislike any of them. I think Umi is my favorite, since she's basically a carbon-copy of Mio from K-On (she even writes the lyrics). The movie felt better paced than the two seasons at least, so I liked it, plus there felt like there was more good comedy moments. All that's left now is the Sunshine movie, though who knows how long that'll be.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-05-09 at 11:17 PM.

@Artorius did you read new Chihaya? Weird chapter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    @Artorius did you read new Chihaya? Weird chapter.
    I'm afraid I didn't... Okay... Time to do it...

Edit: I honestly hope Taichi takes this next game, Chihaya might either lose for drama's sake or just finish it 2x0, to be honest it doesn't matter at this point since I'm fairly positive she'll play against Shinobu next. Their queen title match has been anticipated for ages now. I know it's probably not going to happen but fuck me, I really wish Taichi could beat Arata too...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2018-05-10 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steins gate Ep 5:
    Finaly a time traveler.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol dub:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Comic Girls 6 Found Kaos's fetish https://puu.sh/AjFUj/1dba60e5f8.png. That, and apparently scary ghost girls with big boobs.

Still enjoying it more than any other show this season I'm watching not named My Hero Academia.

FranXX 16 - Quite the tone shift. Good episode, though. Could totally watch a SoL spin-off of this series.

- - - Updated - - -

First Heaven's Feel movie sub is out

10+ Year Old Account
    Mahou Shoujo Site ep6
    I guess site administratos need negative energy collected from magical girls to open the tempest apocalipse. Would make sense why they started killing some of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blew through Blend S in a couple days. A really cool concept, good characters, decent humor. I felt like the different workplace personalities weren't shown very much outside of Maika's though. And the two characters introduced later on were barely used after they show up. Overall though, definitely fun, and another show that could definitely work with a second season. More character interaction outside of Dino drooling over Maika would have been nice.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hero academa last ep:
    http://shrani.si/f/3P/RA/41ivrvQc/wa...hero-acade.png
    This image will make so much fan shit till next week

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit Hinamatsuri, I just wanted a simple slice of life comedy about psychic lolis. What am I supposed to do with all these emotions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Darling in the FranXX Ep 17

Klausus or whaterver they are called invide the home
    Ichigo Dies
    Somehow zero 2 manages to control them with their mind and makes them go boom.
    Everyone is sad that Ichigo is dead.

......nah just joking. Nothing like this happens. Real spoiler here:
    Zero 2 squad visits them after 30 days and they found out that of of the character went human emotions again and wants a baby. But those are illegall as law.
    Made me thinking that those masters (like papa) are invaders that attacked earth and used clones of population of humans as soldiers. In a scene when they go ask queen to surrender she says *Dammed human vannabes*. As the guy with mask doesnt show its face.
    Now my theory is that humans used the tehnology to coocon themself and use as a weapon, but this had a bad side-effect that changed their race. Aliens probaly kidnaped a few humans and started to re-produce the soldiers as only those guys in masks are aliens. Also they need magma energy for something else and that war has to be super long.

So, I think I finally reached a new point in anime.

I watched SSY after Zath insisted I should.

And...I honestly feel like this is a case of an anime I SHOULD love, but I just can't.
    It's honestly frustrating me a bit. I dug up some reactions to when it ended too from the old thread, and I still can't make heads or tails of this.

I will say though-
    Squealer did nothing wrong.

But seriously, the whole "We are human!" speech he had was great. I found the whole show blurred the lines well between right and wrong, good and evil. But I feel like it outsmarted me. Like there's something I just can't quite grasp from it.

It did get me to feel frustrated at times with their treatment of the Monster Rats. I can't say I ever found the way any characters reacted to them to be reasonable. Kiroumaru was easily the best character though by a long shot.

It's something I WANT to give a 10 to. But I just can't. To me, the 8-10 range is something that not only do I have to love myself, but have an overwhelming desire to suggest it to others when discussing anime.

Maybe I need to watch it again. I don't quite know. Or hear more opinions on it.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-05-12 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    How else are they supposed to have super safe sex? Pixels can't get you preggers
    pixel's don't get you that nut though
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by Misjudged Maaanwell View Post
    pixel's don't get you that nut though
    Glopping begs to differ.

As per goriq's request, making a quick post concerning 10's, and my answer is predictable: I only have one and that's Gunslinger Girl.

For a while I felt that perhaps I was being preposterous with putting it above everything else and adjusted my rankings such that a few other series were co-rated at 10 with it, namely Mushishi, 5cm/second, and Haibane Renmei. But after several months of working on my analysis I believe that GSG truly does stand above the rest and that it deserves its solo throne. As for why I believe it belongs there, it has to do with a mixture of execution and message.

GSG's particular approach appeals greatly to me. It is a show-don't-tell series, and even figuring out what you've been shown can take a bit. It isn't difficult in the sense that the events are confusing, but that it requires reflection and empathy to view the world through the characters' eyes. They don't tell you what they are thinking or feeling and their reactions are not exaggerated for the viewer's benefit. But the reward is to grasp a cast of complex personalities, and subsequently experience the poignant and variegated emotions that accompany their lives. GSG's strength is not in emotional volume but tenor.

However, I believe a series has to have more than execution to make it great. To this end Gunslinger Girl has a secondary valence, a purpose to its characters beyond themselves. They add together into a vision of the world, a searching and piercing question about why such appalling things can happen. The melancholy is in the atmosphere, an off-gassing of the quiet desperation beneath the surface. It is for this reason that the characters must be real, for the events inflicted on caricatures would not substantiate the point. Where it goes from there is a point I leave up to the series to answer.

I know my statements are grandiose and are likely to disappoint some on viewing it, but after I watched Gunslinger Girl the first time I was left somewhat numb. It has been seven years since then and I am still not able to fully verbalize what I derived from it, and I consider that a mark of true art.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as a 10/10. That is a perfect score and perfect media (anime or otherwise) doesn't exist. Cannot exist. Otherwise what happens when something comes out later that you like even more? Is it also just a 10/10? An 11/10? Does it retroactively go back and make the previous series a 9/10?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    There is no such thing as a 10/10. That is a perfect score and perfect media (anime or otherwise) doesn't exist. Cannot exist. Otherwise what happens when something comes out later that you like even more? Is it also just a 10/10? An 11/10? Does it retroactively go back and make the previous series a 9/10?
    Try this: objective versus subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    This post is 10/10.