10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Alicization is going to have a 1 hour long prologue episode!

Seems more likely that A1 is going to go all out and give us the 2-cours this story deserves!
    2-cours not enough for this arc.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This. This arc is huuuuge in comparison to the others.
    Even accounting for a few volumes that could be done in an ep or 2.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quoting to remind myself to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I don't really post much in these parts anymore, but just dropping in to advertise for myself a little.

Project link: http://neichusanime.blogspot.com/p/gunslinger-girl.html

Gunslinger Girl is a subtle, powerful, and profound series, and has had my admiration for many years. As many of you know, these last ~10 months I have been working on an extensive analysis concerning its details. What began as merely wanting to explain and defend the series has become something more, a sort of transcription of the entire work into literary form. The final product is an amalgam of a novel, a comic, and a treatise. Below is a typical example (unfortunately, it does not format as neatly on mobile):

My goal was to produce an accessible narrative supported with images which also explained itself in the process. A self-analyzing story. In theory, one could read this without having seen the series itself, although I do not recommend that. It is far better than what I have produced. While I recognize its size is daunting, as it is a full-length book at this point, I do hope it will perhaps pique the interest of a few as to why I believe this is one of the most masterful productions in anime.
    Chihayafuru 198 & 199 - It still amazes me how much characterization goes into the secondary and minor characters, all without detracting from the main characters and their stories. Shinobu still best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the Yuru Camp specials. Holy balls I miss this show. One of them is basically all the girls teasing Nadeshiko with her gullibleness, and it's hilarious. And we get to see some Saitou characterization. She reminds me a lot of Sleepy-Chan Kumin from Chuunibyou. One thing about the last one: I was totally expecting a "it was all a dream" thing at the end, until it zoomed out to them being like right next to the mainland. That said, they must have just took off if they only got that far in a plane. I miss this show so much, I started rewatching it. People have said it before, but it really is a great show to watch an episode of before bed.

Made it two episodes of Revue Starlight. So in case you were wondering: Don't watch Revue Starlight. I don't know why I find this show so boring and stupid, with some weird stuff that doesn't make any sense, but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account

Not untill 2020.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    [IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/400/749/a78.jpg[IMG]

Not untill 2020.
    Did you even read the announcement that came with that picture? It's coming out next April, the 2020 thing was a fake leak.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Did you even read the announcement that came with that picture? It's coming out next April, the 2020 thing was a fake leak.
    It was in japanese

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It was in japanese
    Use google chrome it translates the page for you.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Use google chrome it translates the page for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it's in Japanese the numbers of the date will be posted in Arabic letters so it wouldnt be hard to figure out when it says 2019....
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Grave of the Fireflies - 6/10 (fine)

This has been on my watchlist for years, but I never had a chance to see it since it wasn't available anywhere. Not on Netflix, not on VRV, nowhere legal. Today, I went to the theater to watch this month's Ghibli film by Fathom Events (still running tomorrow subbed and on Wednesday dubbed!).

It was fine. There really isn't that much else to say here; what you see is what you get folks. It was quite saddening to see that these people starving to death simply because all of the people they could rely on had either already died, or were unreachable. Even after the war was over, relief wasn't distributed across Japan immediately, and those without any money left...

The sound effects were really something to hear; I'm not sure if it was because the movie was mixed the way it was, or if it had to do with the speakers in the theater, but you could very distinctly feel the SFX. When the coins are dropped on the ground, the thud really comes through, which was quite surprising since I hadn't heard a game or a show with that much impact in its SFX for a long, long time.

That's it. Next up: The Hogfather (just got on Netflix DVD), and to continue Hunter x Hunter (on episode 46).

10+ Year Old Account
    So this made me happy. Teamfourstar, makers of Dragon Ball Z Abridged and many other things (including a solid Let's Play channel) announced like a year ago that they were doing an official dub, for the movie Hells.

Welp, the trailer and cast list are finally here.

Per KaiserNeko
    of our actors are in the film. There are some characters who haven't been announced yet, but there's more of us than what has been credited so far.

Remix/WeeklyTubeShow is one of the main characters, Mario, and he plays our Kami/Android 16. Chris Guerrero is Who, and he plays our Dr. Gero and Cooler. Martin Billany plays Rokku, and he's... well, LittleKuriboh, so he hardly needs to be introduced, but he also provided the voices of our Narrator and Freeza. Corinne Sudberg plays Luca, and she's our Bulma/Puar/Chiaotzu. I'm in there as Pandaz, and I also wrote the initial ADR script and helped cast the production.

Hellvis is played by Jason Marnocha, who provided the voice for Dr. Wheelo for us. Howard Wang has provided several voices for us, Amber Lee Connors is our Android 18, Sarah Ann Williams is our Tifa in FFVIIIMA, and they all play Ryu, Rei, and Kiki respectively.
    So it's not him and Lani doing a bunch of crazy voices like people might have thought, this is a real thing

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Honestly, feels like you didn't really watch the movie if this is all you had to say. You gave it a meager 6/10 and you haven't really even explained why it's only 6/10. Compared to your other "reviews", this barely qualifies as an opinion.
    It absolutely is an opinion. If I said it was simply "fine" to me and only gave a few sentences about what I liked about the film, then it means that I didn't find much worth talking about that set it aside from an average film.

I think BennettTheSage said it best: there's simply not much of substance here to dig in to. What you see is what you get; the characters aren't fleshed out, and the "story" is pretty much a simple snapshot of these two children's life after the firebombing. There isn't much to take away and think about.

@Val the Moofia Boss There is something that I've been curious about for some time now. Whenever you review the series you've just watched you also seem to have the reviews of anime youtubers or others at hand.

Do you decide the shows you watch based on reviews you come across, or do you use them to consolidate your own thoughts on those shows after you watched them?

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    @Val the Moofia Boss There is something that I've been curious about for some time now. Whenever you review the series you've just watched you also seem to have the reviews of anime youtubers or others at hand.

Do you decide the shows you watch based on reviews you come across, or do you use them to consolidate your own thoughts on those shows after you watched them?
    If it's a straight up "review", then I look for them after I finish an episode, movie, or series. Same with episodic discussions, which I go hunting for after I finish an episode. I use them to see what the general consensus about a show is, as well as to see what I missed or if there are opinions that elaborated on my own.

If it's a "why you should watch this anime" or "what this anime does well compared to other anime", such as SuperEyepatchWolf's video on why you should watch Hunter x Hunter or read Berserk, then I've usually seen it before I've seen the actual series.

I hadn't seen or read anything on Grave of the Fireflies specifically before I saw the film, simply because it really isn't talked about outside of an occasional thread on r/movies or r/anime.

I rate that review 6/10

good sfx tho

I hadn't seen or read anything on Grave of the Fireflies specifically before I saw the film, simply because it really isn't talked about outside of an occasional thread on r/movies or r/anime.
    Aside from it being one of the most highly respected, talked about and referenced animated movies of all time?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/grave_of_the_fireflies

An emotional experience so powerful that it forces a rethinking of animation.

January 1, 2000 | Rating: 4/4 - Roger Ebert Chicago Sun-Time
    You see, Bennet critiqued it in a very specific way to offer an alternative viewpoint and perspective of the film. His point is that there wasn't much substance beyond that of human plight.

As a display of personal emotion regarding its subject matter, it's widely viewed as a masterpiece of the human condition.

Grave of the Fireflies - 6/10 (fine)

This has been on my watchlist for years, but I never had a chance to see it since it wasn't available anywhere. Not on Netflix, not on VRV, nowhere legal. Today, I went to the theater to watch this month's Ghibli film by Fathom Events (still running tomorrow subbed and on Wednesday dubbed!).

It was fine. There really isn't that much else to say here; what you see is what you get folks. It was quite saddening to see that these people starving to death simply because all of the people they could rely on had either already died, or were unreachable. Even after the war was over, relief wasn't distributed across Japan immediately, and those without any money left...

The sound effects were really something to hear; I'm not sure if it was because the movie was mixed the way it was, or if it had to do with the speakers in the theater, but you could very distinctly feel the SFX. When the coins are dropped on the ground, the thud really comes through, which was quite surprising since I hadn't heard a game or a show with that much impact in its SFX for a long, long time.

That's it. Next up: The Hogfather (just got on Netflix DVD), and to continue Hunter x Hunter (on episode 46).

Imagine being this retarded

How many dubs could a dubber dubbie if a dubber could dubbie dubs