I maintain that I would totally watch Aussie dubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh look, it's the same, 20-year-old outdated arguments yet again. Seriously, you could not be more cliched unless you said that Cowboy Bebop is the one good dub. But good on you for calling an entire industry bad at their job. I really don't get it. Whenever someone mentions a voice actor, you don't see me responding with "ew, Japanese voices". But the moment anyone says the word "dub", it sends everyone into a spiral of hate. Not only are they not detracting anything from your enjoyment, but no one is telling you you're only allowed to watch it in English.
    Its not that i hate dubs, some can be pretty good. With the Kono suba dub i feel that it lost its charm.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Dub voices aren't really a problem for me unless they just sound miscast. , I have a bigger problem with the dub scripts going too liberal or literal at times (which entirely depends on who is doing the dub) and not matching mouthflaps.
    And granted nowadays my majority of anime from the last few years is music and sol/comedy and the former is just really grating to watch dubbed when you go back to the original voices whenever there is a song.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Checked it out for the first time in October of 2016 when it was all the rage in the anime community, dropped.

It was AotY on many people's list and continued to be one of the most talked about series in 2017, even though it had finished airing, so I doubled down and decided to watch it for as long as I could. Gave up halfway through.

Then it was announced that FUNimation would be dubbing it with Sean Chiplock voicing Subaru. That name alone made me put it back on my watchlist. I watched it... and then it finally hit me. Binged the entire first part; can't wait for the second half to release in a couple months! Hopefully we'll get a second season!
    I completely forgot that you made that post originally, my bad. That said, if I never said so at the time, your reasoning is dreadful. I watched the dub and it did nothing you claim it did. Certainly didn't somehow transform "stills of people screaming melodramatically about how they can't do anything and a story moving at a snails pace" to anything different. A change in language would not stop you seeing stills of people screaming on your screen. Nor would it suddenly have a story moving at something other than a snail's pace, if that's how you saw it. And if you're telling me you can't understand inflection in Japanese voices, I don't know what to tell you. They're as plain as day for anyone else. And all this is just for the first half of the anime? Did you expect to get absolutely everything within, what, 12 episodes for a 2 cour show?

The way you talk about Sean Chiplock would leave me inclined to think you wanted to show more praise to the dub than was warranted. It wasn't an awful dub, by any means. But you're basically claiming it as a God of dub work with what you say it changed for you. Chiplock wasn't even as good as Subaru's Japanese VA (Yuusuke Kobayashi), though, sure, he wasn't terrible.

A simple change to a dub would not do anything you claimed.

I also can't believe the second half of the dub hasn't been released yet... that's ridiculous.

Edit: Did you ever get to the point in the sub where Petelgeuse plays a more prominent role? In no universe can you claim he was done poorly.

The constant harrassment by people here does make it so nobody can discuss them, so yeah, it kinda does.
    Nothing in this thread could be considered "harassment". That's a huge overstatement.

Most of what you see is just shitposting/banter. Best thing to do is just not take anyone here seriously most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I maintain that I would totally watch Aussie dubs.
    Gimme some awful cockney dubs while we're at it.

In other news, watched the Pokémon: I Choose You! movie recently, dubbed no less! Had some really nice animation (particularly like the evolution animation), some nice music here and there and they made it a point to hit you in the nostalgia as you went along. The dub was ok when it came to certain characters, Team Rocket were not those characters. Not sure if they were the original VAs but, they sounded like a poor imitation, like they were trying to mimic their original voices. Thankfully, they're not around too much. Overall, I gave it a 7/10 but that ignores the fact that Pikachu fucking TALKS!. Taking that into consideration, it's a 5/10. It can't be forgiven because it makes zero sense.
    Often updated... ?

The constant harrassment by people here does make it so nobody can discuss them, so yeah, it kinda does.
    you really don't realize most people are just bsing with you and don't really care? the only thing anyone finds really offensive is that guy who downloads the rips off illegal streaming sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0d676e2bcd1c0d89aec804a3012f7389/tumblr_pljdejCzrt1thzx08o1_540.gif[IMG]
    pls no more teasing with yoshino. I need to get caught up but watching a movie is hard enough with my attention span and barely watching any anime lately.

broly movie was good

shield hero ep 2 was a lot better than the cringefest of the first ep

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    pls no more teasing with yoshino. I need to get caught up but watching a movie is hard enough with my attention span and barely watching any anime lately.
    rest in pepperinos