10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilk View Post
    any1 see kenja no majo?
    Kenja no Mago?
    Its well....generic.
    Overpowered main character + school + isekai + harem.

Its on, watch when there is nothing to watch list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Kenja no Mago?
    Its well....generic.
    Overpowered main character + school + isekai + harem.

Its on, watch when there is nothing to watch list.
    I’m sad about this one as the first episode let me think it would be better than it is, but it dropped heavily in second episode and third continued that trend. It’ll be meh but I’ll keep going

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I’m sad about this one as the first episode let me think it would be better than it is, but it dropped heavily in second episode and third continued that trend. It’ll be meh but I’ll keep going
    Well if i rank current thing that i watch from 1-10.
    Gunjou no Magmel 7 (power system is weird)
    Kenja no Mago 4
    Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san 9 (i watch this because of meme realy)
    One Punch Man 2nd Season 8 (blame animation-- it just kills it. If it was made by right studio it would be 10)
    Isekai Quartet 10 (if you say its trash i am gona *?="#?==$?"")
    RobiHachi 10 (pure comedy)
    Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin 5 (kinda killed the score when yokai said YOU ARE SPECIAL)
    Fairy Gone 6 (artstyle bothers me)
    Kimetsu no Yaiba 7 (dorodro is better)
    Chou Kadou Girl ⅙: Amazing Stranger 8 (its unique)
    Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO 5 (crappier steins gate--also to much girls)

If its goes under 3 = drop

Also:

10+ Year Old Account
    Isekai Quartet is hot garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Isekai Quartet is hot garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Isekai Quartet is just a crappy Carnival Phantasm knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Isekai Quartet is just a crappy Carnival Phantasm knock off.
    Basically this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Basically this.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Currently watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

It's good. It's not the "in depth, great political epic" that people make it out to be; the political maneuvering is rather shallow, and when it comes to military tactics, the show likes to pull the usual trick of making the antagonists stupid to make the heroes' relatively simple tactics look "genius". I think the reason why it's acclaimed is the presentation: the more grounded character designs, the lack of gag comedy, the use of classical music, and so on. Even though many of the villains are incredibly silly and one-dimensional, the show still treats them seriously. With the thousands of ships and our connection to civilian characters, as well as the pomp that the military is presented, the relatively simple actions of the characters are made out to be grand, galaxy shaking affairs. It makes itself look classy. To me, the bond between Reinhard, Kircheis, and Annerose feels incredibly reminiscent of the Oscar-Andres-Marie dynamic from Rose of Versailles, down to the afternoon tea parties. Very comfy! My favorite characters are Kircheis and Yang.

Notes (up to episode 8)
    Spoiler: 
    Note: I was already spoiled on the major character deaths and the ending by osmosis years ago. I finally got around to this series now that I've run out of interesting anime to watch. I've listed the OVAs below in the order that I watched them.

Sea of Stars

The invisibility shield reminds me of the bubbles around player owned starbases in EVE Online.

A technically impressive OVA and I was interested from beginning to end, though none of the characters resonated with me (besides the two pilots), and there wasn't a story to mule over. It was okay.

Overture to the New War

Now this was good! An emotionally compelling story in Yang/Jean/Jessica. Not sure what the political structure of the Free Planets Alliance is based off of. The guy who summons Yang to the ceremony said "left wing terrorists", but the left-right of one nation is completely different from the left-right of another. Since LoGH was made in Japan, is it a Japanese based left-right? Or a general marxist left? The battle was pretty interesting to follow, though it was disappointing to see that the series seems to lean on the classic trick of making the antagonists stupid to make the heroes' relatively simple tactics look "genius". Would've been more interesting if one the Alliance commanders (besides Yang ofcourse) actually had some brains and countered Reinhard's initial plan of attack, rather than everyone just sitting around to be killed until Yang stepped up. An engaging battle is an ebb and flowing back and forth of plays and counterplays, and the only counter appears until the battle is almost finished. I wish that had more tact with the "promise me you won't die" lines. I don't understand how Yang was able to signal the entire fleet his plan. Is he so well connected to the technicians of the entire fleet that they programmed in his plan to each ship's circuit? Did he upload the program to all of their ships beforehand? Apparently no one on that admiral's ship bothered to even as much as look behind when the order went out to come about.

Golden Wings

REALLY liked the first half, took a nose dive when we went to the Death Star. Reinhard's motivation to save his sister and seek revenge is compelling, but his "ISN'T FEUDALISM TERRIBLE?" speech was preachy and immersion breaking. Why would Reinhard, a boy who grew up in the nobility, be the one with the radical "tear down the aristocracy" mentality? His view might've made sense if the OVA had shown us Reinhard being a victim of the aristocracy beyond what was simply implied. The villain was rather one dimmensional. Kircheis is tied with Yang as my favorite character. I wish that had more tact with the "promise me you won't die" lines.

LoGH

Ah, so the Free Planets Alliance seems to be based off of a communist state.

The show's flashback did a better job of establishing Reinhard's hatred towards the nobility, but it's still a stretch to call them evil for not volunteering to go to the front lines. If we had been shown that there was a draft that the nobility were exempt from, I'd be more inclined to sympathize with Reinhard in this regard.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S: I love the Empire's theme. It feels somber and weighty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Val do you watch the old version or new version?
    Original has 110 ep:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eroes_episodes

While remake only has 12.

Also:

Old series. Watched the three backstory movies and then started on the series. I'm up to episode 14, so about seven hours in thus far.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Finished season 1 of LoGH

Spoiler: 
    You'd think that the pro Trunchit faction would've been smart enough to NOT hamstring their candidate by giving sympathy points to the opposing candidate and associating with Trunchit directly. The whole point of being an unofficial organization is to offer your candidate plausible deniability, but I suppose Trunchit has so much control that these blunders won't matter in the long run anyway.

Sussanna is pretty much an expy of Madame Du Barry from Rose of Versailles. Too bad we didn't get to see her do much. Would've been really cool if the show had explored the court politics.

Nice touch for the kids to be in the background at the airport scene where Yang says goodbye to Cazerne. Makes the world feel alive.

Over 200 systems? I had thought that those 30-40ish dots on the star map we had seen represented each populated system. What does each dot on the star map represent then?

I hope we see Valleymont again.

Love them throwing the glasses down on the carpet.

Bittenfeld has a cool design. Hope he stays around and becomes a great admiral!

The two scenes of the high council thus far have been pretty barebones. None of the council members really have any character; they're just caricatures. There is no engaging back and forth either.

Very disappointed to see how one note the portrayl of the nobles were. The show didn't even make an attempt to look at the aristocracy from the perspective of a society that has been conditioned to accept the aristocracy. It's a very flat, revisionist view of it from a post-modern perspective.

The characters are TELLING ME that Mittenmeyer employed incredible tactics, but the show didn't show them!

Also disappointed with how the show is TELLING ME that Reinhard screwed up when Oberstein took away Reinhard's agency to screw up on his own. It would've been much more impactful if Reinhard had actually allowed the planet to be nuked, but instead the ships just magically get there ahead of schedule before Reinhard's fleet could have ever even reached there even if he had launched immediately. Good on Kircheis for chewing out Reinhard. Great scene.

Great choice not to use any music; just let the scene speak for itself.

Whoa, jumping off of the slippery slope already by murdering the Prime Minister and his family simply because it is convenient to do so? If this is the road Reinhard's character is going to go down, then hopefully his victory over the galaxy is a hollow and unhappy.

I wonder how the Empire story will remain interesting without a personal, compelling story to stay invested in like Reinhard-Kircheis-Annerose.

Great last two episodes of the first season.

- - - Updated - - -

Favorite characters: Kircheis, Yang, and Frederica Greenhill.
    Favorite background characters: Reunenthal, Mittermeyer, Bittenfeld.

Finally finished Kokoro Connect after starting and dropping it a few times. I like melodrama, but this shit was just awful. A few developments were interesting, but it was so over-played and drawn out that it was hard to enjoy. I think I'd like reading it more. 6/10

did you watch the ova as well?

I also dropped it about half way through the series

Didn't watch it yet. May as well watch it to see if it gets better.

Code Geass movie was pretty good

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Best anime ending song this season:

Finished reading I Want to Eat Your Pancreas LN. Pretty good, much better than I expected. I want to watch the movie now too see the interactions play out on screen.