10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    What are you looking forward to watching this Summer?
    Dr. Stone and Vinland Saga just because I am a fan of the manga both series are based on, although I stopped reading Vinland Saga awhile ago.
    Enen no Shouboutai / Fire Force could also be fun. I actually read the first 10 or so chapters of the manga ages ago and kinda lost track of it and just assumed it got cancelled. I was surprised to see it listed as getting an anime and to learn it is still ongoing. It's from the author of Soul Eater.

Other than those, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Dr. stone looks intersting. Its another Isekai, but this time a bit different. (some new isekai look generic)
    You know, I never really thought of Dr. Stone as an Isekai but I guess it sort of fits.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka II
    Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?
    Dr. Stone

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    You know, I never really thought of Dr. Stone as an Isekai but I guess it sort of fits.
    You never thought of it as one because it's not.

I wouldn't even go close to saying it sorta fits. It just isn't one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You never thought of it as one because it's not.

I wouldn't even go close to saying it sorta fits. It just isn't one.
    I could see the argument being made for it though. I mean, it isn't but it is more like it does use some elements from a typical isekai. Mostly just the way various character use their knowledge from their lives (scientific knowledge, economic skills, ect.) to get ahead in the primitive world they find themselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I could see the argument being made for it though. I mean, it isn't but it is more like it does use some elements from a typical isekai. Mostly just the way various character use their knowledge from their lives (scientific knowledge, economic skills, ect.) to get ahead in the primitive world they find themselves in.
    The issue arises though that the fact that this is the same world comes heavily into play repeatedly.

whether it's from Senku's knowledge of geography of Japan, or his dad's actions after everything. An isekai involves some form of different worlds colliding in some way. There is none of that here. Just a huge gap of time missing.

It's like saying all rectangles are squares because all squares are rectangles. Similarities doesn't mean they are the same.

I've finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 7/10 (good)

Favorite characters: Mittermeyer, Julian, Yang, Fredreica, Schonkopf, Attenborough, Cazerne, Muller, Bittenfeld, and Kircheis.

A solid series, albeit one that is overhyped. It's certainly not the end-all-be-all political masterpiece it's often made out to be on MAL on by the Anitubers, but it is nonetheless a good series I'd recommend. The art direction, the character design, the choice of music, and the presentation of the battles to the audience makes for a fun story to follow. None of the characters are particular deep or gripping, but there's enough "cool" characters that the current scene will almost always feature one of your favorites. The strategy ranges from one dimensional to "wow, this is brilliant" a couple of times. Unfortunately, the show suffers from quite a few missteps. About 80% of the character dialogue feels like a political ramble rather than the words the characters would naturally say. It isn't anywhere near as interesting as if they had instead made those ideas unspoken subtext to be inferred, rather than simply told to the audience. The story presents itself as a vast space opera with fleets numbering in the hundreds of thousands of ships and millions of men, but the world itself feels hollow. The show doesn't give us civilian characters on the ground to follow, people to see the effects that the protagonist's are having on the universe at large. The factions are also woefully underdeveloped, being cardboard cut outs. The Earth cult is a stereotypical evil church with no nuance at all. The nobility of the empire are your stereotypical evil aristocrats with no nuance at all. The FPA council is never fleshed out and appears in a grand total of three scenes. It feels like the world doesn't exist outside of the characters we see on screen. Certain plotlines take up a disproportionate amount of screentime without going anywhere at all, making it feel like padding. With the hamfisted political speeches and the vague sense of a world at stake, the only thing to really latch on to are the characters, most of whom are fairly flat. The character banter carries a lot of the story, but then the show begins to break up duos without creating replacement interactions to maintain interesting character interactions. The show skims over the challenges of running and maintaining a galactic government and focuses merely on the "kill the opposition so we are the sole government in the galaxy" part. The creators also made the bizarre decision of having the narrator straight up tell you how things turn out, which doesn't add anything to the story. It doesn't add suspense; it simply detracts from it.

ENDING SPOILERS
    Spoiler: 

The ending was "okay". Not very satisfactory for the FPA side, and it abruptly ends at Reinhard's death, doesn't feel like there is closure for the rest of the characters. Would've been nice if we had one dedicated epilogue episode that showed the state of the universe and where our characters are at a few years after.

Like with Berserk, Rose of Versailies, and Gundam, I love the stylized metaphysical scenes. Too bad LoGH only has two across its entire 110 episode runtime: when Kircheis is shot, and Mittermeyer's dream. Really wish there were more.

that feel when you will never know the bliss of senko-san stepping on you

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    that feel when you will never know the bliss of senko-san stepping on you
    Tis a cruel world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Tis a cruel world.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/6ca4rGDl.png[/G]

spring shows probably...

had a glance on the summer anichart, already noticed 4 isekai (both game and fantasy world), so off to a good start with ignore list
    what I'll be watching for sure - DanMachi, Takagi-san, Vinland Saga, Dr. Stone
    Joshikousei no Mudazukai - manga is kinda like worse Asobi Asobase
    Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?; Tejina Senpai - if it's degenerate enough
    "Uchi no Ko no Tame Naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru Kamo Shirenai." (this post just doubled in lenght) - if it is sweet and not creepy

still a lot of show summaries/PVs I haven't checked, but that still can wait for at least a month

also, I'll be probably listening to Grand Blue OP on loop just for the summer vibes

10+ Year Old Account
    Only geah matters in summer, the rest is if i feel like watching
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m watching very little this season, so I’m very much looking forward to Summer. Just Isekai Quartet, One Punch Man, Shield Hero, and We Never Learn. I’ve dropped everything else but feel like I need to pick up AoT and Kimetsu no Yaiba again. We have shows like Why the hell are you here, Teacher!? which I would have liked a lot more if the censoring wasn’t horse shit

For Summer, the must watch for me will be DanMachi, Takagi-san, World’s Strongest, Isekai Cheat and Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power. I’ll try Dr. Stone.

Given that there are only 5 episodes left, it looks like this third season of Attack on Titan will end on chapter 90.

I wonder who will animate the fourth (and presumably final) season. This last arc is my favorite part of the story and I hope it would look spectacular.

- - - Updated - - -

For those who are unaware, it looks like Studio WIT won't be animating AoT anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    https://i.redd.it/io5igr2rajp21.png
    that's one useless but qt witch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Wake up early
    Anticipate another day of hell at the office
    Stay hydrated, caffeinated
    Take a long boozy friday lunch
    Exercise, cause why the fuck not
    Do stay up very late

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Wake up early
    Anticipate another day of hell at the office
    Stay hydrated, caffeinated
    Take a long boozy friday lunch
    Exercise, cause why the fuck not
    Do stay up very late
    You will never be an Idol with that attitude.