Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://66.media.tumblr.com/dbcd05bda8812955b59bd02604f36229/tumblr_prebyzO7rv1rwkpa6o1_1280.jpg[IMG]
    Watch anime
    A
    S
    T
    E
    D

Caught up with Koto Club, pretty good show.

Rising of the Shield Hero episode 20

I'm getting DBZ vibes here. They've been standing in this molten crater for like... three episodes, having entire conversations in the amount of time it takes for the bad guy to charge up a single attack. He even exposition dumps to the protagonists his motives, his plan, and the mechanics of his abilities!
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2019-06-01 at 06:00 AM.

colorful this movie seemed to be missing something. maybe a little more between him and the dad and brother or ugly girl. i was super relieved the mom didn't kill herself. was it supposed to be super obvious the entire movie that he was himself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Rising of the Shield Hero episode 20

I'm getting DBZ vibes here. They've been standing in this molten crater for like... three episodes, having entire conversations in the amount of time it takes for the bad guy to charge up a single attack. He even exposition dumps to the protagonists his motives, his plan, and the mechanics of his abilities!
    Yeah it was dogshit.

Also on the studio for SnK changing from WIT, it'll most likely be Production I.G., which if anything they can do as good if not better.

Dropped Ao Chan can't Study! - 5/10 average. The show got stale after about three episodes.

Dropped Poco's Udon World - 5/10 average. Again, stale.

Fruits Basket: I'm really eager to meet Akito, I'm guessing (episode 7) he has a freudian excuse in having been hurt by love before and/or is aggravated by an agonizing disease and is all alone. I also wonder how much support the Zodiacs get from the family, considering how difficult it is for them to live in the outside world and for their lives to be undisturbed if they were to be found out. Do they just marry their cousins? I'd think it'd be quite interesting to see Tohru get engaged to one of the two husbandos and then we get to experience with her what it is like to meet the in-laws, who may or may not disapprove of that Zodiac's choice, but given that romance usually isn't tied up until the end I doubt that will happen and any conflicts would have probably already been cleared up by then.

I've started watching The Twelve Kingdoms. Notes up to episode 6.

Spoiler: 

The opening is classy.

For the first three episodes, the protagonist, Nakajima, is unbearably "whiney". Now, I've heard people throw the world "whiney" around before to protagonists complaining about their situation and for being unlikeable, but I usually disagreed as said protagonists were either absolutely justified, having suffered tremendously up until that point, or they complained without hindering their ability to actually do stuff. Shinji took a little cajoling to get into EVA unit 01 in the first episode, but that was it, and he sulked on his off time. Subaru legitimately tried, ramming his head against the wall trying to understand his world and gain the trust of people before he began to crack. Nakajima, on the other hand, was utterly incapable of doing anything besides crying before anything had even happened! When Keikei arrives and says that she must leave with him immediately and the classroom is subsequently totalled, Nakajima just stands there crying. People are dying around her, and the man is giving her clear and precise instructions as to how to save these people, and she does nothing but cry. Then she runs away in the wrong direction and even more people are hurt. Then, when on the roof, Keikei very clearly tells her that only she can draw the sword that can kill the hostile bird, and she still refuses! While her life and the lives of her friends are in mortal danger! Keikei has to implant literally a spirit to possess her and control her arms to use the sword against the bird! And then even after the bird is killed, and another enemy approaches, she still cries and the spirit has to force her again! It's just incredibly aggravating. Fortunately, after episode three, she stops crying and instead spends her off time self reflecting on her life prior to being taken away. The scenes with the mask guy (who I presume is a spirit possessing the sword) are a little over done, began fast forwarding when the third scene popped up.

The story keeps insisting that Nakajima's face has changed, but it's not really apparent. I guess her eyes got... flatter? That's just indicative of cynicism. Also, Taki talked about dying her hair black, but apparently it becomes a slightly darker shade of red... or Taki never dyed her hair.

Asano is so far the most likeable member of the trio, and not by much.

I like where they are going with Sugimoto. She spent her life reading fantasy novels and consuming escapist entertainment and didn't make any effort to build relationships, and thus had no attachment to this world when her chance for to escape to a fantasy world appeared. She also doesn't really care about Nakajima or Asano either, or anyone really. She just wants to be the hero. It makes perfect sense why'd she join any organization that handing out superpowers and fulfilling her need to desire to feel important, though I am curious as to why she doesn't think that the Emperor/King, who has sworn to kill any outsiders, won't kill her too once she kills or captures Nakajima and Asano. Anyway, she's the only one who is actively enjoying the situation. Would be nice to get more screen time following her PoV, rather her being relegated to an antagonist who pops up every now and then.

It's really unfortunate that pretty much every person they come across turns out to be a self-centered jerk. Given that the protagonists are self-centered jerks too, I suppose it's the theme of the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Also on the studio for SnK changing from WIT, it'll most likely be Production I.G., which if anything they can do as good if not better.
    Hopefully, but there's also the chance A1 might get it *shivers*

Watched Gundam NT.

It's entertaining, but we're really delving in to even more Super Robot territory. Unicorn Unit 03, Phenex, isn't piloted by an actual person but the spiritual awareness of the newtype friend of the main protagonist in the movie. But hey, we get to see Banagher Links again, so I guess another sequel to Gundam Unicorn might be in the works.

6.5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Quite literally the Brotherhood treatment. That's nice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Jean Pierre Polnareff --well kinda.... he is still there as a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    RIP Jean Pierre Polnareff --well kinda.... he is still there as a soul.
    Since there's no indication at all what this is a spoiler for even, it's Jojo's Part 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Since there's no indication at all what this is a spoiler for even, it's Jojo's Part 5.
    I always post jojo . Its well known.

I always post jojo . Except when I don't
    10characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Uf...that Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 10 is gona be problematic if media grabs it.
    Burning babys -- well monster moth babys, but you get the idea. Just not with fire, but with some type of magic.

Uf...that Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin Episode 10 is gona be problematic if media grabs it.
    Burning babys -- well monster moth babys, but you get the idea. Just not with fire, but with some type of magic.
    I always post jojo . Its well known.
    Souka

10chars

5 years ago No Game No Life came out ;__;

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    5 years ago No Game No Life came out ;__;
    Well there was a movie.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

[IMG]https://66.media.tumblr.com/1b0f711f2218cd23853568df6fa4e506/tumblr_pszxx0tok71y0nwq1o1_540.gif[/MG]

although the va does shirou

happy birthday kudo

wonder how the new mmochamp ownership will moderate shitposting and such

also til they're using skyrim memes for light novel titles
    Last edited by bals; 2019-06-13 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its finaly a friday.