33 dead, 36 injured, 10 severely

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently there were only two entrances, no fire escape apparently there were fire exits but the suspect lit them all on fire.

- - - Updated - - -

20 people died on the staircase leading up to the roof.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what the explosion would've been like inside, from 20 liters of gasoline. He brought 40, plus there's a ton of flammable material like paper inside

- - - Updated - - -

There was a card key system to get in but the studio was expecting visitors that day so it was disabled.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-07-18 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a well planed murder to me than a normal terrorist attack.

I have a felling that the owner will get some serios backlash from public. Were there sprinklers?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

I have a felling that the owner will get some serios backlash from public. Were there sprinklers?
    Water doesn't extinguish gasoline fires, it spreads them.

The guy was straight up out for blood

Edit

Police report

From the first floor window and debris spread, it is concluded that the first floor had an explosion occur, and the extensive damage to the outer wall of the 2nd and 3rd floor, show that it was very high temperture, so it is likely that an liquid like gasoline or other was used to start and make the fire bigger"

Normal fire inside a building don't reach temperature over 1000 degree, but gasoline fire can reach over 1500 degree, able to melt metal at that temperture it is impossible to breath, people on the first floor was perished quickly, 2nd and 3rd floor heard the explosion, but before had time to reach, the fire and smoke came, and they didn't had time to run/react.

Due to the unatural speed and spread of the fire, likely rising a few meter after igniting so spreading very fast, there wasn't time for the fire alarm and fire door to activate, making escape impossible, the only secure way now is to increase checking of personal item and coming in and out of building.
    Fire can spread exponentially fast. You have to see it to believe it.

Explanation of how the fire spread so quickly and why escape was next to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by victrock#2298's translation on Discord
    Gasoline is very flammable and explosive and is very good at spreading fire. In a situation where the guy has spread gasoline around, the initial fire's firepower is very high.

With the building construction, there is a spiral staircase in the middle of the room which becomes a funnel where flames rise up straight up to 3rd floor. Meanwhile, the fire from first floor, thanks to gasoline spread once it reaches the window will rise up to the window to second floor, which caught on fire, and spread to 3rd floor. Overall approx only 2-3 minutes were needed for fire to spread to 3rd floor

So people from 2nd and 3rd floor are caught with fire from the spiral staircase (which supposedly be a way out but unfortunately cant) and the window

the bodies count are 20 on 3rd, 11 on 2nd, 2 on 1st. 1st perhaps because as long as there is open window they can jump away. 2nd floor, the bodies are found by the hallway presumably caught by fire from multiple direction as per prior explanation. 3rd floor, because the door to rooftop is locked they are trapped and unable to run away. Carbon monoxide produced from the burning also caught up faster than any human running speed and presumably suffocates them and thus weakened them fast, which contributes to high number of death
    Suspect apparently had mental issues.

Death toll is now 34.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-07-19 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

The guy apparently had 40 gallons of petrol and set fire to both fire exits before starting the main blaze. He knew exactly what he was doing and wanted to cause as much damage and pain as possible.

I have heard it might have been over some kind of a plagiarism complaint? Cannot verify that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. EP3
    Ok thats rarity. I havent seen a woman killed by a man in anime that much. And without any talks, just one hit from a sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator didnt impress me for 1.st 2 eps. I give it 1 more ep.

I am trash but Okaa-san is my jam.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I am trash but Okaa-san is my jam.
    Come on now, at least use the proper short hand name for the series. Milfsekai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You are missing out on a hell of a lot then.

I mean, a majority of my absolute favorites take time to set up. Like if you go by the first 5 minutes of Steins;Gate, then you're missing out.

IKR? You need about 3 whole episodes to be able to tell if it's gonna be good or not. There's some awesome anime that started a little slow, and then picked up the pace. With 5 minutes screening you can only tell if the animation is good (which is the least important part, imo), but it's impossible to get to know te characters (since most of them haven't even been introduced, yet).

Take Tate no Yuusha, for example. By the 5 minutes mark you've only seen Naofumi dream of a racoon loli (apparently from the MMO he was playing when he fell asleep), him getting isekai'd together with the other 3 heroes to an indoors kind of sanctum, and the other three heroes wanting money. That's exactly everything that's happened at 5 minutes. So, after 5 minutes of this series you can tell it's an Isekai, and a pretty generic one, so far.
    Soylent gray is made from TROLLS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some1 said explosion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot wait for that movie. Did anyone watch the Euphonium movie? Had to cancel my ticket to make deadlines :/

We better get US release.

danmachi arrow of the orion - pretty meh movie. They put a lot of effort into hestia's gainaxing. was actually quite a few people at this movie, code geass and tanya movies were empty.

Still enjoying Cop Craft, Kanata no Astra, Do you lift and Danmachi, with a few shorts like Are we lost and Magic Sempai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is my fav day for anime. Maiden of Savage Season is my front runner, but DanMachi right on its tale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Today is my fav day for anime. Maiden of Savage Season is my front runner, but DanMachi right on its tale.
    + Dr. Stone and Fire Force (when it returns)

Curious to see what they do with Fire Force. They have said they will be making edits to the colors of scenes with flames as well as narration, whatever that means, and it sounds like it could be a permanent thing. Almost feel like they may have been better off just shelving the series until next season or something.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2019-07-26 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^there's hardly any edits besides softer colours for the fire and the house thing is black and white but the ED is pretty censored at one point. So nothing really lost in value.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Stone again moving at a steady pace. So far, exactly 2 chapters per episode and it has stuck to the source material perfectly. Very happy so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    ^there's hardly any edits besides softer colours for the fire and the house thing is black and white but the ED is pretty censored at one point. So nothing really lost in value.
    Interesting, I have not watched episode 3 yet. Glad to hear they are not being too heavy handed with the edits.

uchimusume ep 4 i'm fucking ready to wage a holy war right now

accelerator 3 so isn't the list of level 5s pretty common knowledge? Academy city has this whole ranking system yet no one even seems to know who accelerator is
    Last edited by bals; 2019-07-27 at 06:59 AM.

Fruits Basket episode 17

Uotani's father seems alright. Your beloved betraying you and running off with some other guy is one of the most crushing things to experience in life. He drinks but doesn't seem to be an angry alcoholic, more like he's just continually depressed and too lethargic to do much. He cooks food for his daughter, which is a blessing many children don't get. He'd be pretty interesting to see more of, but alas that is not the focus of the show.

The fact that Kyoko was still spoken of highly within gang circles - that she is still so well known that the punks of the modern age can recognize her by her description - says a lot about how legendary she is. She'd have to be in the upper echelons of gang lore, or otherwise maybe the gang community is just so small she is one of their few folk heroes anyway.

Too bad Torhu's dad isn't explored. You'd have to wonder what kind of man would make Kyoko drop her thug life to settle down with him. He sounded like a total normie

I'm thoroughly enjoying the series thus far. My one complaint is that at times, the dialogue is quite unnatural, with long stretches of uninterrupted monologues apparently spoken out loud to another person and the other person or people don't interrupt or think "oooookay, this guy is off on a long tangent about how people don't recognize there is no shadow without light" and such. March Comes in Like a Lion is also guilty of this but Fruits Basket has done it more across its 17 episodes than I March did across 50.