10+ Year Old Account
    O man why did i check nekopara dubbed version....it sucks lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

Its finaly a Friday:

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already expelled everything possible from my body how can I keep puking like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I've already expelled everything possible from my body how can I keep puking like this
    Oh dont worry, trash waifus you people link in this tread also exit.

Fruits Basket S2 - E7
    Spoiler: 
    Looks like Kureno is supposed to be what Yuki COULD have become had Shigure not rescued him from being locked in the room. Completely obedient to Akito, tolerates anything, with no self respect whatsoever. A slave. And yet... why did Kureno leave Akito's side to go wander around town and bump into Arisa? Twice? He even expressed feelings for Arisa with his "almost kiss". Feels contradictory.

Good thing Haru came along. Given Hattori's and Kureno's inaction to save Yuki from the dark room or to save Kisa from being beaten when Hiro revealed his feelings to Akito, Haru may very well be the only one to step up when things get physical. Maybe Akito is smart enough not to do that in Haru's presence. I don't think they have anything to say that would cause Akito to go ballistic right now. We'll see.

Cool to see Hattori again. One of my favorite characters. Hope we get to see him have fun chilling out here and not just super serious for the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jojo rohan ova Ep 4 --- damn, that story was intense

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

so happy someone did a sharo moon for the redraw challenge!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    so happy someone did a sharo moon for the redraw challenge!
    O RLY:

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    O RLY:
    [IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/853/784/fd3.jpeg[IMG]
    [IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/851/377/a64.jpg[IMG]
    Why, aren't those Bizarre? Are they going on an adventure?

I am seeing a lot of Sailor Moon art lately, did something happen? An anniversary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Why, aren't those Bizarre? Are they going on an adventure?

I am seeing a lot of Sailor Moon art lately, did something happen? An anniversary?
    Some redraw meme shit

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Ah, OK. That kinda makes sense now.

Fruits Basket S2 - E8
    Spoiler: 
    Seems like Kagura's mother is the only parent of the Zodiac who actually calls out Akito's violent tendencies. Kisa's mom might have said it but we never got to see her talk about Akito, only react to Kisa being hit.

Kyo making sandcastles with Torhu was fun.

Wish we got to see Hattori hanging out with the group.

Rin is being a selfish, brooding ass, and a quite violent one at that. Nearly killed Torhu by kicking her in the head.

Just missing Kagura, Ayame, and Ritsu, and then everyone will be gathered. Doesn't seem like they'll come, though.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Jojo rohan ova Ep 4 --- damn, that story was intense
    Oh, I just wanted to watch this! 1 Ep scared me a little with its drawing style (rip Koichi's face), but OVA is still in my watchlist.

10+ Year Old Account
    What anime fan are you:

10+ Year Old Account
    That chart doesn't really work because I think Shelter, Thunderbolt Fantasy, and Avatar are all anime, but Kamen Rider, Pacific Rim, and Sonic Heroes are not. I mean, Kamen Rider is Sentai, Pacific Rim is Kaiju, and Sonic Heroes is Hot Garbage. So where does that put me?

Touhou I guess rides the line. I don't know much about it other than that it is a bullet hell game with anime girl characters? Is there more to it than that?

To me, when I think "anime", I don't think "cartoons made in Japan". I think of a certain, unique style that encompasses multiple things, that is unique from the dredge that the West puts out.

"Anime" are fun, very expressive, memorable characters with exaggerated personalities.

"Anime" stories can alternate between fun, whacky hijinks and gag comedy, to a grimdark or over the top plotline in an instant. Power of friendship: unlike Western and Chinese stories, which are about a singular hero triumphing over anything, "anime" stories are about recognizing that you are just a man, and trusting in your friends. The final boss is defeated together. The final boss loses because he had no one left to rely on. Anime stories have heart.

"Anime" music is melodic, and carries on the tradition of Western classical music. Japanese composers have preserved the tradition of classical music better than Western composers have. Most Western music students are not taught tradition properly. They have composition degrees, but don't know how to compose music. It's why Japanese video game and anime soundtracks are far more memorable than their Western counterparts. They are melodic and well composed.

I am curious, however, how unique this style is to Japan. I've seen a little of bit of Korean TV and movies, and it seems that they have the same "anime" style as I've described above. Stories with heart. Whacky, exaggerated characters. Unafraid of drastic tonal shifts. Power of friendship. Melodic music. Perhaps this style may be more indicative of something cultural about the Asian Tigers? I don't think it's indicative of East Asian culture or preferences in general, as Chinese media is nothing like the Japanese anime or Korean drama style. Chinese media is more self centered (singular hero who conquers all), more cynical, lots of revenge stuff, etc. Then again, perhaps modern China is the odd one out because of the cultural devolution.

So I think I don't like Japanese cartoons, per se, but that heart in Japanese and Korean stories. I can't place a name on it, so I've called it "anime".

- - - Updated - - -
    @listo95 knows way more about Korean culture than me, so perhaps he might know something?

- - - Updated - - -

Addendum: I also think that the "heart" of Japanese and Korean stories may come from the fact that - compared to the West - they are relatively low budget. If a series flops, the company isn't going to die. They are not $250 million USD Hollywood productions that a board of directors orders to check boxes on a list or fit a formula to guarantee that it makes its money back. The creators of Japanese and Korean stories are free to come up with any idea they want. When you read a manga or a web novel, you are reading the author's unedited thoughts.

Japanese and Korean stories also have a planned beginning, middle, and end. Everything flows together. It's not like in the West where they just keep renewing the show and making up things as they go along until audiences have enough of the bullshit, ratings drop, and the show is cancelled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime is for me -- Made in Japan
    For the rest of the world its western animation (or east). Stuff like Wakfu, Avatar and so on is west animation.

So no Rick and Morty is not a Anime .
    However this list is missing china animation (wich is shit btw).