Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    your name, Weathering with You, I want to eat your pancreas, Promare, Konosuba: Legend of the Crimson.
    I've watched all of those, except Promare, which I'm planning on watching soon. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    But there realy arent any good ones. Some anime just puts episodes into a 1h video and calls it a movie lol.
    Yeah, I've been mostly disappointed with anime movies at this point; the only one that really has stood out to me was Koe no Katachi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2020-06-26 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown - I thought it was already out and im just to goof to find it. I recommend the Series to Goblin slayer, its really good and Gate. A lot to laugh, good story and bit of fanservice.

Studio Trigger is doing the tie in anime for Cyberpunk game.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Wait, they're making a tiein anime for Cyberpunk? And they didn't go with Production IG?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Wait, they're making a tiein anime for Cyberpunk? And they didn't go with Production IG?
    Directed by HIROYUKI IMAISHI who did Kill la Kill and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Ascendance of a Bookworm S2 E12 Finale

Spoiler: 
    For most of the show, Ferdinand was pretty two-dimmensional. He was the stoic, pragmatic head priest who was looking out for Main. Then S2 E12 hits and he becomes a really interesting multi-faceted character. He maintains a stoic mask most of the time, but he is capable of allowing his emotions to overcome him. He is capable of anger, loudly chastizing the two knights. He is capable of spite, goading the one knight to humiliate and exhaust himself by trying to cast the spell. He has his moments of weakness, such as when he admits to Main in private that he was really sorry for how things went, and when was overcome by the mind meld. He is also capable of greed, when his curiosity overcomes him and invades Main's mind in pursuit of her knowledge, and slips into thinking of her as an asset to be exploited in a quest for power (even contemplating having her taken away from her family so he can have her all to himself). Yet, when he interacts with Main, he is generally compassionate towards her.

The second to last scene gave me Sinbad vibes. I think they're setting him up to a fallen hero figure. Here's to hoping that Ferdinand doesn't become the final antagonist or something.

Can't wait for season 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Now that MAL is working again I can compare lists.

Movie recommendations
    • Pokemon the Movie 3: Spell of the Unown (legit great Pokemon film)
    • Summer Wars
    • Steamboy
    • Ninja Scroll (has nudity and lots of gore)
    • Redline

10+ Year Old Account
    Studio Trigger is doing the tie in anime for Cyberpunk game.
    Its pretty weird project for trigger tho. They will probaly go with BNA artstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty weird project for trigger tho. They will probaly go with BNA artstyle.
    Why is it weird and why that style when they have a whole bunch of styles they've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Why is it weird and why that style when they have a whole bunch of styles they've done.
    Trigger prefers a cheap made backround art and they use a lot of squares,triangles and lines when it comes to animation.

0.13 pause it

And cyberpunk is more on realizem...

Anyway this looks cool:

207,84 evro tho....

Began watching My Next Life as a Villainess.

Very comfy. Really funny. The English dub is very good. Don't be deceived by the rough first 30 seconds; it is actually good.

I have my suspicions about what the endgame pairing will be but otherwise the show is just overall good. Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Began watching My Next Life as a Villainess.

Very comfy. Really funny. The English dub is very good. Don't be deceived by the rough first 30 seconds; it is actually good.

I have my suspicions about what the endgame pairing will be but otherwise the show is just overall good. Recommended.
    I feel like the Villainess was fairly consistent. I just didn't end up really enjoying it when taken as a whole. I guess I was hoping for more humor and an overarching plot, and instead I got a monster-a-week formula with a jab at her cluelessness usually once an episode.

I watched "8th son" (or w/e its called). Entirely forgettable isekai that focuses heavily on social/class intrigue. I enjoy isekai, but in this case, it worked contrary to the story. The whole OP harem isekai MC just seems tacked on to expand the audience appeal, when I would have much preferred seeing a native born "pull himself up by his bootstraps" through almost identical circumstances. Oh yeah, and there's an almost total lack of depth to any of the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    My major problem with Villainess was the major story was secondary, or even tertiary, to other stuff that was happening. It was only used as a moment of humor every once in a while while something else was taking up the characters attentions. You could have removed the entire point of the story entirely and not much would have changed. The last arc with Sirius was also completely terrible and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ascendance of a Bookworm S2 E12 Finale

Can't wait for season 3.
    While it feels like a lot happens in every episode, and there's quite a story being told... I also feel like on the whole the second season is a lot like the first season..... its soooooooooooo !@#$ing slow as a season. I feel like they routinely miss the opportunity to show off "the world", and specifically keep spinning the same wheel about class and caste. And, isn't she still around six years old ? Please tell me I missed a timeskip somewhere and her and her friends are all 10~ish at least. Because it routinely breaks my immersion when people don't routinely patronize/dismiss her based off her age, instead of her peasantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    While it feels like a lot happens in every episode, and there's quite a story being told... I also feel like on the whole the second season is a lot like the first season..... its soooooooooooo !@#$ing slow as a season. I feel like they routinely miss the opportunity to show off "the world", and specifically keep spinning the same wheel about class and caste. And, isn't she still around six years old ? Please tell me I missed a timeskip somewhere and her and her friends are all 10~ish at least. Because it routinely breaks my immersion when people don't routinely patronize/dismiss her based off her age, instead of her peasantry.
    IIRC two years have passed so she should be either 8 or 9. They haven't done a good job visually showing her growth, as she and the rest of the kids retain the exact same character designs as they had at the start of the show (contrast that with say, Edward from FMAB, who slowly grew in height across the show - most notable during one of the episodes towards the end when he stands up in front of Winry and is a lot taller than her).

As for the maturity/behavior of children, bear in mind that this is a world based off of medieval Europe. There are no "kids"; only "little adults". As soon as you were old enough to walk, you were being given chores to do, or you were working. Always always working to support the family. Kids were apprenticed off at a very, very young age, and their demeanor would reflect that. Kids back then were more mature than the kids of today (who don't face any serious or regular responsibilities). Also, medieval Europe was a world where you had to be constantly on the look out. Today, a kid in a store can just take their stuff to the checkout and not really pay attention to what the cashier is doing, as the chances of them getting ripped off or anything is extremely low. Back then, you had no safety nets. You had to be constantly on the look out and evaluating who you are dealing with, paying attention.

When it comes to kids, fiction usually makes either one of two mistakes: 1. the kids are acting like adults (have you ever met a kid? 90% of the time they don't act anything like an adult), or they are portrayed as 2. very stupid and incompetent (which is also unrealistic, as despite their mannerisms, kids are VERY VERY CLEVER at getting what they want).

So far, I think all of the kids (except for Main, ofcourse) are acting rather sensibly for their age. Lutz is wary of strangers and underhanded dealings, and very quickly determines that something is wrong with Main. He vaguely knows something is up with the church but doesn't have the context or the experience to know exactly what. Likewise, Delia knows that the high priest is powerful and that ingratiating herself to him will secure her future, and thus diligently pursues her tasks.

Benno views Main as another "little adult"; just as much as a merchant as anyone else. It also helps that he is focused on money so he's not really thinking about anything else. The real problem is that Main's family doesn't seem to have noticed that their daughter has seemingly gotten ideas and knowledge out of nowhere, but that is mitigated by the fact that Main doesn't really pull those ideas out of nowhere in front of them. Main's family hears from Benno "oh yeah Main came up with these hairpins!" or "oh yeah Main came up with this hairgel!", which is more believable.

I'm actually more put off by the depiction of the stereotypical noble asshole. Yes there were real life noble assholes - every organization has assholes - but it just seems like such a cheap go-to. It doesn't make that much sense either when the kingdom has just been involved in a purge; nobles should be more careful knowing their precarious position at the moment and it seems like nobody brought it up. Really hope we get a view into the political situation in season 3.

Season 2 spoilers I'm guessing that next season, Ferdinand and Karstadt are going to be trying to worm their way into the new order. It's going to be an uphill battle for Ferdinand as he is a blue robe (and IIRC blue robes aren't supposed to be applicable for positions within the nobility, basically a place to send your third son off to) but given the situation AND Main at his disposal he's probably going to go for it. That or he is going to be content to rule as a shadow dictator with Karstadt as a figurehead).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    My major problem with Villainess was the major story was secondary, or even tertiary, to other stuff that was happening. It was only used as a moment of humor every once in a while while something else was taking up the characters attentions. You could have removed the entire point of the story entirely and not much would have changed. The last arc with Sirius was also completely terrible and unnecessary.
    Ah, so you liked the initial tension of the first couple of episodes of Catalina trying not to get executed, only for the tension to defuse as it became apparent that she wasn't in any danger whatsoever? Understandable. Yeah, I like the fluffy character interactions but it does suck when the first few episodes make you look forward to one thing... only for that thing to never really be delivered.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-06-28 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The God of High School --wtf was that 5 min ep.

Really going to miss Kyaru and friends, Princess Connect! Reive was such a comfy show full of awesome waifu's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really going to miss Kyaru and friends, Princess Connect! Reive was such a comfy show full of awesome waifu's.
    You could always play a crappy mobile game:

If you read the lore on wiki, those characters are players in a video game Legend of Astrum.
    For example:
    https://princess-connect.fandom.com/wiki/Kiruya_Momochi

So anime when it comes to story doesnt make any more sense. Unless the characters went isekai and lost all memorys of previous life.

You could always play a crappy mobile game:
    [video=youtube;uYG_uU8h9wQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYG_uU8h9wQ[video]

If you read the lore on wiki, those characters are players in a video game Legend of Astrum.
    For example:
    https://princess-connect.fandom.com/wiki/Kiruya_Momochi

So anime when it comes to story doesnt make any more sense. Unless the characters went isekai and lost all memorys of previous life.
    Spoiler for the anime/game When Kaiser beat Yuuki and his guild, Kaiser got his wish. He took control of the game they all play and wiped everyone's memory of the outside world and took over as ruler of Landsol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler for the anime/game When Kaiser beat Yuuki and his guild, Kaiser got his wish. He took control of the game they all play and wiped everyone's memory of the outside world and took over as ruler of Landsol.
    Yeah i checked this (spoiler):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse...ajor_princess/

Its a bit of mix of sword art online (VR) and re:rezo.
    And a big trap lol.