10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not opposed to incest
    Do you prefer the step sister type or the alabama type?

Eh, I never felt that Tatsuya was "edgy" or "annoying" in either version. I guess he can come off as condescending in the anime, when he straight up tells weak people that they are weak, but if you've read the LN you know that's not Tatsuya trying to put people down; that's just Tatsuya with his awkward personality and its his way of trying to put people down. Tatsuya has a more idealist-realist perspective on the world; he wants things to be better for everyone but he's not delusional.

If I had complaints about the series, it'd be about 1. the main romance and 2. the presentation of other nations.

I'm not opposed to incest, but like every romance the series needs to sell me on the romance, sell me on why these characters actually love each other (not just lust after each other; love). I have found very few stories where I was sold on romance, sold that two characters actually loved each other. The romance in Mahouka, like most romances I've seen, doesn't convince me. I understand why Miyuki loves Tatsuya; she has been through hell with him and seen his heroism, but I'm not sold that Miyuki deserves to be with him. She never really sacrifices anything for him or shows consideration for Tatsuya. She just clings to him like a girl with a crush. Tatsuya, on the other hand, actually shows consideration for Miyuki, but I don't really know what he sees in her, why he loves her. It gets more murky when you consider that Tatsuya's brain has been hardwired by experimentation to stick by and protect Miyuki no matter what, so does Tatsuya love Miyuki out of free will? Does he truly love her, want to be with her? Or is that just the nature of his being forcing him to do it?

The other thing I'm not a fan of is the portrayal of foreign nations. I'd be fine if the Chinese and American agents the protagonists fought were simply exceptions to the rule, that China and America were run by the most ruthless, evil people, with the average person beneath them being normal people, but in Mahouka literally every non-Japanese character is evil or out to get the heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been looking online at what people seem to be hyped for.

Jujutsu Kaisen seems to be really hyped for its fight animation. Well, sure, cool fights are cool, but fights only make up one aspect of the show. If the rest of the story and the characters and the pacing isn't up to snuff... well we'll see.

Tonikaku Kawaii has my interest piqued in that it seems to be a story I've been longing for a long, long time. A romance in which the characters actually get together during the story... and we get to see their life together. It feels like in every romance, the characters don't get together until the epilogue of the story. Sword At Online is the only anime I've seen where you actually got to see the characters be together. Hopefully this show isn't a bait and switch where they get "married"... but they're not actually together.

- - - Updated - - -

Guraburu! is going to be a series of a short comedy anime segments based on Grand Blues, the comedy comic strip for Grandblue Fantasy. Unless you're into GBF like me it probably won't resonate with you (also, GBF has hundreds of characters, not even I know all of them).

Akudama Drive sounds like it might be interesting.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park sounds like it might be interesting.
    Thanks for the new sig quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

a
    Damn you Gigguk. Spent that last two days doing nothing but watching vids of an absolutely adorable cinnamon roll dog girl, a tiny shark girl, a bunny girl with a hilarious laugh, and a bilingual shitposting dragon girl... What I am doing with my life?

Korone-chan is best girl and I will fight you if you say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Damn you Gigguk. Spent that last two days doing nothing but watching vids of an absolutely adorable cinnamon roll dog girl, a tiny shark girl, a bunny girl with a hilarious laugh, and a bilingual shitposting dragon girl... What I am doing with my life?

happy doggo killer noises

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    The rage is real.

- - - Updated - - -

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yubi yubi!

Man, I hope there are some surprises this season because it is looking pretty drab thus far from the previews. I mean, when Strike Witches is the only series that has me even a little bit excited, that's not a good sign. On the up side it does look like there will be at least a few solid slice-of-life and/or easy going comedies like Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear, Majo no Tabitabi, Maoujou de Oyasumi, and of course the return of everyone's favorite diabetes-inducing bunny themed cafe girls, Gochuumon. So at least there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    A precious socially awkward dog with insane stamina. Watched most of her ~24h AC: Syndicate stream.

[video=youtube_share;ul5C66TtQl0]https://youtu.be/ul5C66TtQl0[ideo]
    She has her senpai's now and Okayu.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is just too pure for this world.

Currently watching Toradora.

I liked the comedy in the first 6-7 episodes, but then the series decided to become a mediocre drama and I sorta lost interest. Hit episode 13 and couldn't take it anymore and just began fast forwarding through it to the comedy sections.

I liked how the student council president knew what was up with the bitch from the get go.

Tonikawa episode 1 was cute.

Oh god, has the vtuber plague at long last overrun this thread too?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    What plague? I don't really pay attention to this stuff. I think a few vtubber videos have been posted here over the last few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gigguk made a video about them and pulled a whole new group of victims down the rabbit hole, myself among them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Here's a nice playlist of my favorite sunday cartoon villain. Her voice takes a while to get used to, but she's a comedic genius.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBhF...4oPgzR4LtPwLof
    Her comedic timing is off the charts. Some of the things she randomly comes up with on the fly are hilarious.

Attack on Titan Chapter 133
    Spoiler: 
    Why transform on the ship? They can't be too far out to sea. If they turn around now they could probably get back to shore within half an hour, and then transform. Or they could jump off of the ship and then transform. No need to transform on the ship and sink it.

Glad to see that the Marleyan character's families are still alive.

Obviously Eren is going to die to the heroes, but I hope that the bombing fleet cripples Eren and saves the refugees. I'll be pissed if the bombing fleet is totally ineffective and just gets shredded by rocks thrown by the colossals.

As for actually killing Eren, it should be pretty easy.

This is what the battlefield looks like:

Have Armin jump out of the plane over Eren and transform. Land on Eren's spine, snapping it in half and causing Eren's whole body to fall to the ground. Thus, Eren has to stop his Colossals from advancing or else he will be crushed. This gives the heroes the space they need to fight him, as well as also creating a safe zone for the refugees to take cover in while the colossals on either side pass by.

Survey the body from the air. Once you find Eren, everyone attacks him. Pin him down/choke hold him and then drop the explosives on his crystalized body and GG.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-10-07 at 01:45 PM.

What plague? I don't really pay attention to this stuff. I think a few vtubber videos have been posted here over the last few years.
    discussions about them have been really picking up in frequency over last... half a year, whole year maybe? at least in places I frequent somewhat. If not contained in dedicated channels (for discords that is) those discussions tended to overwhelm everything else. Every day a new person, previously normal, joined in on the degeneracy so it feels only few of us are left, hence the plague.

It finally happened to Gigguk.......

discussions about them have been really picking up in frequency over last... half a year, whole year maybe? at least in places I frequent somewhat. If not contained in dedicated channels (for discords that is) those discussions tended to overwhelm everything else. Every day a new person, previously normal, joined in on the degeneracy so it feels only few of us are left, hence the plague.
    Don't worry, we'll contain them still.
    We have the technology.

In other news, Crunchyroll apparently thinks it's smart to add Noblesse without any mention that the first episode will be confusing as hell if you didn't watch the OVA apparently.

Why didn't they just...you know, group them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Don't worry, we'll contain them still.
    We have the technology.

In other news, Crunchyroll apparently thinks it's smart to add Noblesse without any mention that the first episode will be confusing as hell if you didn't watch the OVA apparently.

Why didn't they just...you know, group them together.
    I'm so used to games and anime that only introduce half (or even less) of the story in the beginning and tell you JUST enough to get you intrigued and then do a shitload of exposition later on to fill in the gaps for a kind of revelation, that I watched the first episode just fine. I didn't feel confused, I just know I don't have all the details yet. If they don't fill us in as the show goes on, it will be weird, but right now I think it's fine.

yay new season of sharo's anime

Can anyone advise me on how to watch anime now days? Horriblesubs is kaput. While the anime I want to watch is technically on Hulu, it seems to be lacking subtitles. And Funimation seems to be giving me buffering issues.

I was trying to determine if I want to try to get in to Yashahime.