gura computer was just trying to get people to watch the hololive sports festival

all the haiiiiis are killing my heart

sentai filmworks started their black friday sale and have some really good deals. gochiusa s1 for $4 for example
    Last edited by bals; 2020-11-21 at 10:15 PM.

I have resumed watching Space Brothers. Picked up around episode 10, I am now at 37. I like how the show is following the life of Mutta, and sometimes delves into the side characters. The problem I have with the show is that there is a little too much bloat. There are a lot of times when the show delves into lengthy, unnecessary flashbacks of scenes from before, and there are a lot of unnecessary monologues. I think if you cut out the repetitive flashbacks and monologues, the entire story up until now probably could have been told in 20ish episodes. Lately, they've been spending too much time rehashing the "we saw a UFO when we were kids" backstory, devoting an entire episode to rehashing it, so I've been fast forwarding through this repetitive stuff.

My favorite character is Kenji. I think he is quite possibly the one and only major young, married man in anime (Yang Wen Li doesn't count). I'm quite glad that he is getting quite a lot of screentime. I wish he was the protagonist. Nothing against Mutta but I think Kenji is more interesting. I quite liked Fukuda and really hoped he had made it. I also like Reiji.

I plan on catching up on Tonikawa soon.

Made it to episode 50 of Space Brothers and I've decided to drop it.

The plot advances at a snail's pace, and the show is very repetitive and drawn out. We're 50 episodes in and they're not training to become astronauts yet; they're still in the candidate trial phase (which lasts 1.5 to 2 years). The show has 99 episodes. I looked at the last episode... and they're still apparently in the candidate trial phase. I then looked online at where the manga is... and apparently after 13 years IRL time and 365 chapters, and they're still not going to Mars yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Made it to episode 50 of Space Brothers and I've decided to drop it.

The plot advances at a snail's pace, and the show is very repetitive and drawn out. We're 50 episodes in and they're not training to become astronauts yet; they're still in the candidate trial phase (which lasts 1.5 to 2 years). The show has 99 episodes. I looked at the last episode... and they're still apparently in the candidate trial phase. I then looked online at where the manga is... and apparently after 13 years IRL time and 365 chapters, and they're still not going to Mars yet...
    If that gets you steamed, just wait. There's this anime/manga called One Piece right...

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    If that gets you steamed, just wait. There's this anime/manga called One Piece right...
    Yeah One Piece moves at a glacial pace. I think the overarching story of the void century and scheming between the Four Emperors and the Seven Warlords and the World Government, the rivalry between Zoro and Mihawk and Tashigi, and all that is very interesting. Unfortunately, that only makes up 5% of the show. The other 95% of the show is about the boring adventure of the week, so I've been putting off getting through it.

- - - Updated - - -

It is my understanding that the parts I think I'd really enjoy would be the Impel Down, Marineford, Wholecake Island, and Wano arcs, but trudging through the rest of the show just to get to those parts... not appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yeah One Piece moves at a glacial pace. I think the overarching story of the void century and scheming between the Four Emperors and the Seven Warlords and the World Government, the rivalry between Zoro and Mihawk and Tashigi, and all that is very interesting. Unfortunately, that only makes up 5% of the show. The other 95% of the show is about the boring adventure of the week, so I've been putting off getting through it.

- - - Updated - - -

It is my understanding that the parts I think I'd really enjoy would be the Impel Down, Marineford, Wholecake Island, and Wano arcs, but trudging through the rest of the show just to get to those parts... not appealing.
    I guess it depends on why you watch/read something. For me, I read One Piece to see a bunch of characters I like go on fun adventures. The grand over-arching plot is secondary.

2nd gen of Hololive_EN in the near future https://twitter.com/hololive_En/stat...231026176?s=20.
    They are holding auditions.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how the generations of hololive work, does that mean Gen 1 might retire soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how the generations of hololive work, does that mean Gen 1 might retire soon?
    Nah, just means they are adding more. I think they are up to like gen 5 in Japan. Plus Hololive Gamers as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Aren't all vtubers gamers? That's the whole thing, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily from what I've seen. I don't follow Vtubers all that much aside from the occasional highlight, but from those I think a couple of them are more like... talkshows personalities than gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    To some extent I think most will occasionally play some games like Minecraft but Hololive created a group of 4 (one existing and 3 new vtubers) and labeled them as "Hololive Gamers" and they spend the bulk of their time streaming games while others will do whole streams where they just talk or sing. One of the "gamers" for example, best doggo Korone, has been doing marathon streams of Assassins Creed Valhalla over the past week or so. I am talking like 9+ hour long streams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I really hope they don't overdue it on the vtubers. I get hololive is big, but if they make it TOO big it might burn a lot of people out and crash the whole concept.

Man I really hope they don't overdue it on the vtubers. I get hololive is big, but if they make it TOO big it might burn a lot of people out and crash the whole concept.
    I think it might just be something like Kpop or the Japanese Idol scene, where once it reaches market saturation, it won't really grow anymore and there will be fierce competition to be selected as an idol (or in this case, get promoted as a V-tuber).

a few independent US ones started a company too

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyx Equinox Ep 2:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I wonder if there is a market for this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are all the character designs fugly tho

EDIT: God and why are all the character description the cringiest shit I've ever read?
    Last edited by Belize; 2020-12-02 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do seem a little overdesigned. The reason why Gura and Korone are so popular (besides 'eekum bokum' and 'a') are their simplicity. I'll wait till I see them in action to reserve judgement, though.

Melody, Nyanners, and Ironmouse have been on twitch for a long time (and melody other websites). Hadn't really heard of the others though.

I mean some of hololive descriptions are pretty cringe too, just not as long winded

10+ Year Old Account
    Melody, Nyanners, and Ironmouse have been on twitch for a long time (and melody other websites). Hadn't really heard of the others though.

I mean some of hololive descriptions are pretty cringe too, just not as long winded
    TBF I haven't looked at any of the Hololive character descriptions, so they could also very well be cringe. I do like the occasional karaoke video that pops up on Youtube though.

Gura's cover of Fuyu Biyori was pretty dope