10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of stuff came out today.

Shadows House -- hm something original for once...but are they realy dolls :P
    86 -- looks like another mecha anime with spider bots this time
    Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro -- yeah art is very similar to manga
    I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level -- looks more like a comedy chill show, so i guess something to watch
    .....and also there is a lot of garbage....
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Spider Isekai - episode 13

The 2D animation was pretty bad at points today.

What was the point of the meeting with the elf king? You have an eight minute long scene and literally nothing happened. I thought that the human king was going to say "elf king, please take my son Schlain and teach him to be a badass warrior or the secrets of magic", but all that happened was that they decided "nah we shouldn't send Schlain to the front lines" and then they adjourned. What? Scene should've been cut.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-04-11 at 08:22 AM.

I don't think I described any spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Are you serious right now?
    ... Yes?

Something I would spoiler tag would be (actual episode 11 spoiler) the older brother dying

Fruits Basket S3 - E2

How Akito and Shigure don't have STDs sleeping around so much, I have no idea.

My respect for Ayami and Hattori has gone up. They're the only members of the inner circle who did the smart thing and got out of dodge and cut their ties with Akito. No, you can't save spiteful bitches and you shouldn't feel sorry for them. I know it because it happened in my family. Don't waste decades of your life hoping they'll change because it won't happen. Cut the cancer out of your life and move on. They reap what they sow. Ofcourse, the show is probably going to have a redemption arc where Akito magically becomes a nicer person and everyone hugs her and pats her on the head, but... bleh. How fanciful.

10+ Year Old Account
    3d looks weird:

Makes me wonder how many 1.30 min series they will do.

isekai maou s2 ep2
    Spoiler: 
    sad to see pekora isekaied as a background character

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    isekai maou s2 ep2
    Spoiler: 
    sad to see pekora isekaied as a background character

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [video=youtube;jtK2eiAX0kM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtK2eiAX0kM[/ideo]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=159MXyj2Rco

also props guys for calling out fuckheads with their untagged spoilers.

this one was way bigger but apparently ignored for some reason
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53072808
    Last edited by bals; 2021-04-17 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this would be a light season but there’s some decent ones so far:

86: Went in without knowing anything and this is quite entertaining so far. I enjoy the world and the politics of it are simple enough that even I can understand.

Nagatoro-san: I was definitely mislead on this one. I was hoping it would be light hearted teasing like Takagi or even more ecchi teasing like Uzaki, but she’s just a straight up bitch in the first episode. Second episode was better but I’m not sure this one will be for me.

Grinded Slime for 300 Years: nice, quiet slice of life that is fun. This and Slime Diaries are a nice comfy after the intensity of S2 Slime last season.

Shave My Bear: really enjoying this one. Love the interactions and it’s cute AF.

To Your Eternity: Really loved this one, but I need to make sure I watch it when I can focus solely on it — it deserves that.

Isekai Maou; enjoying this one for the story, but I think they took the PLOT a bit further than they needed to. Don’t remember the jiggle being so intense in S1, but I was a Rem guy anyways.

Tokyo Revengers: First episode was fun and I’m curious where it will go.

Childhood friend: hmm I usually love this garbage but this may be a bit much for me. Not a huge fan of any of the girls so far, but I’m trash so I’ll watch it.

Have quite a few others on my list (Shaman King, Combatsnts will be dispatched, Megalo Box, full dive, odd taxi, SSSS and super cub) that I’ll get to one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    86 music is very Aldnoah zero (Mkaliez), but its made by this guy:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Sawano

....so yeah same person that worked on that anime

Spider Isekai - episode 14

The 2D animation was really, really bad this episode. It's rather sad that the janky 3D animation of the spider segment looked better.

I love it when the protagonist is framed and everyone is against them. Gives it the feeling that they're going up against all odds, and it's especially heartbreaking when you have friends or family or people that you respect think that your the bad guy. Unfortunately, I think the story botched this. First, the frame setup is unbelievable. If, as the brothers claimed, the king was planning to make Schlain king, the Schlain would have no motivation to kill the king anyway. He could've just waited to be crowned. Second, if Schlain was trying to kill the king... he certainly wouldn't do it while in the middle of the castle with no backup. You'd think that he would have gathered loyal captains and nobles to his side before trying to usurp the kingdom. The fact that Schlain had to flee for his life should be rather telling that he isn't the assassin. Third: because of the unbelievability of the frame setup of the first two points, the author has to rely on the crutch of "they're all brainwashed!"... which completely undermines the emotional impact of being framed. Now Schlain having to face his countrymen is no longer very tragic and infuriating, but just "oh, we'll just magic them to get better and then everything will be fine".

Fruits Basket - S3 E3

Total filler episode until the last 2 minutes.

It seems that Izusu is being held captive at inner Souma residence?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this will get a anime:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnated_as_a_Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I'm honestly surprised it hasn't yet.

.. I will never get over interspecies reviewers getting an anime that they actually tried to air on TV instead of some of the better fantasy/isekai stories.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm honestly surprised it hasn't yet.

.. I will never get over interspecies reviewers getting an anime that they actually tried to air on TV instead of some of the better fantasy/isekai stories.
    Interspecies Reviewers was amazing tho.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Interspecies Reviewers was amazing tho.
    It was funny (if you like raunchy comedy - i do ), but it was clear what it was. Anime serves 2 main purposes:
    - trash tier entertainment for the masses if the franchise is popular enough in itself.
    - promote lightnovels/manga that are the source material of the series (main reason for 90% of anime productions these days).

this anime was neither, as they couldn't use it for the first reason and the second doesn't make much sense, since the source is a shorts collection, not a proper manga or book series for sale. It was just flat out weird that someone ordered a series of this.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, what have people started and stuck with for this season, so far?
    Well, guess I'll throw my hat into the ring.

MHA S5: Not much to say here, it's more MHA.

To Your Eternity: I'm gonna go against the grain on this one; so far, it sucks. I'm giving it one more episode before I drop it. I've heard mountains of "omg I cried" on the first episode and I just don't see it. Killing someone off in the first episode is, more often than not, not going to elicit an emotional response from me. I need the build, and 20 minutes isn't enough. Oh, and a friend of a friend says that the OP spoils things, so skip it I guess.

Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san: Yes. I haven't read the manga, but I was forewarned that the first part of the anime was villain levels of bullying... and while the bullying wasn't okay, I expected to dislike her at the start. The VAs are doing great work here, the animation is pretty good... TBH this is probably my favorite show that's currently airing, I love me some girls bullying boys. Also, Noodletoro was great.

So I'm a Spider, So What?: Well... the spider stuff is okay. The human stuff is... not good. At this point I'm continuing it because I'm 14 episodes in. The spider's VA is carrying the show, imo.

Odd Taxi: This show is pretty great, and I don't hear a lot about it, which saddens me. Second favorite that's currently airing, give it a try.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched!: I gave this a try because I heard that it was done by the KonoSuba author. Eh. Probably going to be dropping it.

I want to try Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou., but I haven't done so yet.