Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Mains a Feral, get's told he's a FOTM Reroller

That's right. During MoP I leveled all classes to 90 and during that time I fell in love with my Feral druid, not because he was he was overpowered or underpowered, but because I loved the class, the complexity of the spec with snapshotting, SR and bleed tracking and not to mention being able to root people with trees

However I took a break from WoW since Jan and returned on Tuesday and already gave up on gearing since the season will come to an end soon.

Apparently Ferals are currently OP and are considered FoTM. Which is fine really, BUT I'M NOT A F@CKING FOTM REROLLER because I play a Feral.
    I will stick with my class through thick and thin. I don't play much arena nor do I do RBG's, I play casual Random BG's and some WPvP.

I'm leveling an alliance rogue now as an alt for the next season because I think it's the class that has the closest resemblance to a Feral.

Am I over reacting when I feel like swearing at people for being called a FoTM reroller?
    It normally happens in random BG's if we start losing and people get pissed off.

Just be like "well, if we still had [insert old vanilla ability] I'd have this no problem." Google one if you have to, everyone else does.

Don't care what other people say or think, play as you want.

Don't worry come 6.2 we will have a sea of backpedaling Assassination Rogues as FotM...at least until Blizzard realizes how badly they over tuned them and nurfs them (200k Envenom FTW)

Who cares though? I've been rerolling to overpowered classes since 2004.

I've been called a fotm reroller for playing a prot paladin during wotlk, even though it was my first main. Really it doesn't matter what other people say, play the class that you enjoy, it's your $15 or 20k gold a month not theirs, so do what you like.

happens to everyone, was called a fotm shaman s9 even when I was lol'ing in bgs with my Valyanar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Don't worry come 6.2 we will have a sea of backpedaling Assassination Rogues as FotM...at least until Blizzard realizes how badly they over tuned them and nurfs them (200k Envenom FTW)
    Aww, and I've played it the whole expansion, because I like poisons.

What are You worrying about lol XD
    Just go and rekt them, bang!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found your problem, you have chat turned on in normal BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what people play. You play to win, not to play fair.

People that create an artificial rulebook in their head over a game on what they can and can't do, are just scrubs. Ignore them because they're just losers expecting normal people to follow their unwritten rulebook to the letter.

Deleted
    I don't care. You do what you can to win. I don't blame fotm rerollers, I am one too. Besides, sometimes your main class is nerfed to shit for pvp purposes and you need to choose something else, may as well be the current fotm class.

Feral isn't even OP. They're just not utter crap. They're top 10 or 11 of all the specs in highend pvp, which is pretty decent, but not what i'dd call OP. They have a boring, lame opener in pvp, and they destroyed the roots on FoN, sadly. I miss that a lot.
    They're great in 1v1. No. 2 or 3 there. But who really cares about 1v1 in reality?
    In pve they're around 2nd best on single-target bosses, just being taken down by fire mages, so they're good there, excellent cleave too, but makes you weep blood when you try to even reach singletarget dps on the aoe-bosses.
    All in all above middle of the pack in pve.
    Overall they're in a good state. Much happy with how they are now, and fond of it. But calling them OP is just what bad players says when they don't know the classes, but got wrecked by a druid popping onebutton-mashing burst-macro, and their teammates didn't help them, making it a 1v1 in arena.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I was under fire for a while when Shammies were the shit and told them I've played the same class for almost a decade. Everyone's not a FOTM whore fortunately.

I main a rogue, we get called out for that like every other season...

I don't really care about it, every time the class is OP there's a huge increase of bad players for said class. I remember the last season of cata.. Oh, how many bad rogues that were around back than.

Deleted
    Ferals have been OP for years!

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Ferals have been OP for years!
    In the eyes of those who have never played one, I am sure they seem so. People who whine about Feral burst don't know how it is timed or what abilities it takes for the feral to kill you. Ferals have more burst potential than ever, and I have played one since Vanilla. I have never bothered with arena to any great extent, but a feral is strong in 2's, maybe to some degree in 3's. It's real strength is one-on-one in large spaces with some LoS obstruction. Think Nagrand arena, etc.

Now, more so than ever Ferals have very weak defenses. You can easily kill one if you know what you are doing. A good feral will know how to manage his sustained pressure, keep himself alive, kite around objects and make sure he can burst you if you use your defensive cooldowns wrong.

Just an illustration: low level arena 1500ish, I was fighting double Ferals with a Monk friend of mine, he died only after they had burned their Berserk ability and King of the Jungle on him alone. Normally that would give them a massive advantage. I was playing Glad Prot spec which is more for fun than anything else. The thing about Glad Prot is that you have an extra gap close against ferals who often shift excessively. To sum it up: I peeled them off my Monk friend as long as I could, got both to half health where one of them panicked and ran away to heal, which meant I could kill the other one. I used my regen ability when the second druid stunned me from stealth and proceeded to outlast him before his 3 min CD's were back. He didn't know his strengths and attacked me before his CD's were back up.

In the past druids were about understanding what form to use to counter the abilities of your oppenent, use your mobility, healing, etc, but in WoD Ferals are glass cannons. If you don't know what you are doing against them even a bad one can pop his two 3 min CD's and kill you by spamming a few abilities. Sure. Just timing regen abilities, avoiding him when his two major abilities are up at the same time, or using defensive CD's go a long way to render Ferals hopeless. Good ferals try to time their burst, bad ones pop it just to get you to panic which sometimes work because people lose focus. If I can kill two Ferals as a Glad Prot Warrior on my own, after my healer is dead, it's certainly possible. Personally, Hunters are much worse to deal with, they sacrifice very little for defensive abilities, mobility or regen.

That's my point of view after playing Feral since Vanilla. If you struggle against one I would just recommend trying to play one, trust me, you can do stable damage much easier as a mediocre geared Glad Prot Warrior by just mashing buttons (Glad Prot is like playing whack-a-mole). I did. Ferals are about timing, keeping bleeds up, snapshotting (especially if they spec Bloodtalons). Most people who struggle against them have very little knowledge about what they can do.

I'm not saying they can't be OP, but it's always been a thing for Ferals to be very potent one-on-one. They excel at that. They always have, even as a gimped kitty-cat in Vanilla they could take down most classes. In group fights they should be peeled and focused, especially when using CD's. It's not hard. Take away those two CD's and Ferals are pretty mediocre.

Ferals have had a pretty high skill-cap, for players, and maybe they have so still. But being a bad Feral and kill a player is easier than ever now. You have two CD's that let you do it in BG's, etc. A good player who knows what he is doing with the class, spec and what other classes can do will excel if he plays a Feral one-on-one. It's probably one of the more demanding classes to play perfectly, but if you do it can be all the more rewarding to play it.

Then again, if anyone calls me a FOTM-person I would laugh at my screen and remember how long it took to "duel" a Holy Paladin as a Feral in Vanilla. I picked it because it was fun, even if it might have been pretty bad as full Feral, hybrid spec was pretty potent (Nature's Swiftness), and it remains fun to this day. Our most OP period was probably during Cata when bear form was literally impossible to kill and did more damage than cat form in terms of single-hit burst. Now that was pretty OP at the time.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2015-06-05 at 01:41 PM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feral is finally fotm? They deserve it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    They say that about everyone who's OP for a bit. I was playing Rogue since TBC and I was a fotm reroller every season apparently :P

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Feral is finally fotm? They deserve it.
    Are you a time traveller from BC? Feral has been ridiculous since Wrath.