Thread: FF Type 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Patch today is supposed to improve camera control and reduce motion blur.

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/sta...36297723985920

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Patch today is supposed to improve camera control and reduce motion blur.

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/sta...36297723985920
    Sweet, I tried it after patch and it's way better

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And that's perfectly fine, if you like that sort of thing don't let me be the one to tell you you're wrong - That's your opinion.

In my opinion, getting to know the characters is easily the majority of the fun I have in FF games. For example, the gameplay of FF7 doesn't really explain much - But it DOES introduce you to Cloud and Barrett. You quickly learn Barrett has a temper, and Cloud is a mercenary. Within the first hour of gameplay, you meet Tifa, who is clearly worried about Cloud, and who Cloud has a soft spot for; As well as Aerith, who's clearly a bit of an airhead. They establish character traits and give small amounts of backstory, allowing you to learn who they are, as well as see what, exactly, brings them all together in the first place.

Type-0 skips that. All your characters are ALREADY together. Their personalities clashing and causing problems doesn't really matter because they've already come together as a group. I don't personally like that at all.

Then there's just the game-model cutscenes which are horrid quality... For a game on PS4, the models look like they belong on PS2. I mean really. Just look at this face:

It's so fucking flat.
    I can agree with what you say.

However, if it took just graphics to make or break anything then tv shows like South Park and Simpsons would never have become the hits they are today. As long as an rpg has a good story I can forgive most anything.

Like Grandia. That game had some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, but it had a great story.

Piece of advice to anyone new to RPGs or JRPGs. If you have the option for Japanese or English VAs always take Japanese.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Piece of advice to anyone new to RPGs or JRPGs. If you have the option for Japanese or English VAs always take Japanese*.
    *Unless it casts Crispin Freeman or Michelle Ruff.

Then there's just the game-model cutscenes which are horrid quality... For a game on PS4, the models look like they belong on PS2. I mean really. Just look at this face:

It's so fucking flat.
    You do realize it was a PSP game upressed for ps4 right? Not a ps4 game right? Not even Vita, PSP, you know below ps2 quality.

Did you think they rebuilt the game from the ground up? LULZ.

They redid the entire main hub area as well as the cloth physics on characters, which is already above and beyond by most hd remake standards. You honestly didn't expect them to remake the entire game did you?

- - - Updated - - -

Piece of advice to anyone new to RPGs or JRPGs. If you have the option for Japanese or English VAs always take Japanese.
    I stick to the language I actually speak unless the voice acting is straight terrible.

Atlus and Nisa localizations for example have amazing dub and no way I am going to listen to the Japanese VA when the english VA is believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You do realize it was a PSP game upressed for ps4 right? Not a ps4 game right? Not even Vita, PSP, you know below ps2 quality.

Did you think they rebuilt the game from the ground up? LULZ.

They redid the entire main hub area as well as the cloth physics on characters, which is already above and beyond by most hd remake standards. You honestly didn't expect them to remake the entire game did you?

- - - Updated - - -

I stick to the language I actually speak unless the voice acting is straight terrible.

Atlus and Nisa localizations for example have amazing dub and no way I am going to listen to the Japanese VA when the english VA is believable.
    I have heard some good dubs. Ranma 1/2 comes to mind and Starvengers.

But generally as a rule the Japanese VAs tend to put more emotion into their acting than English (or heaven forbid, Spanish).
    STRESS

I have heard some good dubs. Ranma 1/2 comes to mind and Starvengers.

But generally as a rule the Japanese VAs tend to put more emotion into their acting than English (or heaven forbid, Spanish).
    No, not in general. In fact a game having bad english VA in this day and age is an oddity.

Don't let the weaboo logic fool you.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? NISA has low budget dubs that sound incredibly mediocre. Just play any Idea Factory/Compile Heart/Gust game with the English voices and compare it to the Japanese ones.

To make matters worse, in some cases they don't even dub everything, and instead just dub half and make the other half of the dialogue non-voiced.
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2015-06-10 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    What? NISA has low budget dubs that sound incredibly mediocre. Just play any Idea Factory/Compile Heart/Gust game with the English voices and compare it to the Japanese ones.

To make matters worse, in some cases they don't even dub everything, and instead just dub half and make the other half of the dialogue non-voiced.
    I don't play the crap games you mentioned. Not to mention I know for a fact NISA hasn't localized an idea factory game so chalk that up(they have helped with the publishing of a few, not actually localized them).

Disgaea, DanganRonpa and the Kadokawa games they localize all have great dubs. If you think otherwise it is weaboo logic talking I'm sorry...

NISA hires from the same VA agents that every developer in Cali does. The quality is there. Trying to downplay it by listing some hyperdimension neptunia garbage as an example which they didn't even localize, just helped publish the physical version of is laughable.

No, not in general. In fact a game having bad english VA in this day and age is an oddity.

Don't let the weaboo logic fool you.
    Not weaboo logic, personal experience.

Any game I've played with the option of English or Japanese, the Japanese is always better, even if the English is good. And I'm not saying that there aren't good English VAs. Mass Effect is an excellent example or VAing done right. The Transformers WFC and FoC are another.
    STRESS

Not weaboo logic, personal experience.
    If you enjoy a foreign language you can't understand over a perfectly fine dub with quality english voice acting then yes it is weaboo logic. Don't take it as an insult you're free to like what you want, but that is exactly what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have considered getting it many times...Maybe I should.

What turned me off is the motion blur I seen of the ps4 gameplay. I was like holy fuck if I got to move the camera so much and see it that many times ill go insane.
    I don't like it either, but there are two keys:

1. Treat it like an old school game. Let your movements guide the camera rather than spinning the camera yourself when moving around areas.
    2. During combat, stay locked on to your enemy. No motion blur while locked on.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not made for PS4... it's an HD upgrade of a PSP game. Bear that in mind when considering the graphics.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play the crap games you mentioned. Not to mention I know for a fact NISA hasn't localized an idea factory game so chalk that up(they have helped with the publishing of a few, not actually localized them).

Disgaea, DanganRonpa and the Kadokawa games they localize all have great dubs. If you think otherwise it is weaboo logic talking I'm sorry...

NISA hires from the same VA agents that every developer in Cali does. The quality is there. Trying to downplay it by listing some hyperdimension neptunia garbage as an example which they didn't even localize, just helped publish the physical version of is laughable.
    If they merely published idea factory/compile heart games and didn't do the dub, then alright, you're right in that regard (although dismissing them by merely saying "lol they suck" is silly).

However, Disgaea? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LnRBCvoJc not exactly a shining example of quality dubs. Atelier games and Ar Tonelico games were handled by NISA too before Tecmo-Koei took that over, and they were mediocre as well.

I'm not saying there are no quality dubs, Final Fantasy and Tales games for example are fine, but if you think the niche JRPGs that NISA localizes have good dubs, I have to disagree with you.