Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Well my plan was either get a new PSU or Case, and alot mentioned I needed a new case. So thats where Im at atm.

I just want to be able to play new games at max settings for the next few years. Thats really all I care about lol
    Well it depends on the games you'll be wanting to play (the types and whether or not they are Triple A titles).
    Technically your current PSU SHOULD be enough to run with the R9 280X as well but depending on age and luck it may die on you in the next couple of months/year(s), depending on how much you push it as well.

So if you're willing to take a chance of having to replace your PSU at some point.. go for the R9 280X

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Well it depends on the games you'll be wanting to play (the types and whether or not they are Triple A titles).
    Technically your current PSU SHOULD be enough to run with the R9 280X as well but depending on age and luck it may die on you in the next couple of months/year(s), depending on how much you push it as well.

So if you're willing to take a chance of having to replace your PSU at some point.. go for the R9 280X
    Alright, killer. Ill take a chance and get that instead and see if my PSU will handle it
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2015-06-10 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    UNless it's faulty it should handle the 280X just fine. Until recently I've run a 280X at 2560x1440 which is even more demanding and it was doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    UNless it's faulty it should handle the 280X just fine. Until recently I've run a 280X at 2560x1440 which is even more demanding and it was doing just fine.
    What about with a 550W psu?

Also I didn't want to make a new thread for this, maybe one of you all know. Would I be able to hook up duel monitors with this new setup Ill be getting? If not, how do I make that happen?
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2015-06-10 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Yes dual monitor setup is fine, as long as you have the correct cables and/or adapters.

Yes 550W is fine.

Yes dual monitor setup is fine, as long as you have the correct cables and/or adapters.

Yes 550W is fine.
    Alright, I appreciate the help fellas.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    These forums keep overkilling PC games with their "recommendations".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    These forums keep overkilling PC games with their "recommendations".
    If you're going to throw out a blanket statement like that perhaps you could enlighten us with specific examples, preferably in a new thread so you don't confuse OP or clutter up the thread with off-topic stuff. Also stop putting yourself higher than the rest of us with your these forums comment.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to throw out a blanket statement like that perhaps you could enlighten us with specific examples, preferably in a new thread so you don't confuse OP or clutter up the thread with off-topic stuff. Also stop putting yourself higher than the rest of us with your these forums comment.
    Confuse?
    Because throwing a CPU and a random GPU wont confuse him, no?

And I think you're confused aswell, as there's no way I'm putting myself higher than the rest of you guys. I simply said that these forums always throw out too expensive hardware for the users. Simple. And fact is you do.

It's GTA at 1080. It's not GTA at 4K. Oh yes, a 960 handles GTA at 60 FPS. Smooth. And everything maxed.
    And if you think, even with a 970 you wont have spikes, you're terribly wrong.

No complaint on the board or memory. Just the GPUs and even the CPUs are overkill. At least for the GPU. But I guess it's not your money.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2015-06-10 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Confuse?

And I think you're confused aswell, as there's no way I'm putting myself higher than the rest of you guys. I simply said that these forums always throw out too expensive hardware for the users. Simple. And fact is you do.

It's GTA at 1080. It's not GTA at 4K. Oh yes, a 960 handles GTA at 60 FPS. Smooth. And everything maxed.

No complaint on the board or memory. Just the GPUs and even the CPUs are overkill. At least for the GPU. But I guess it's not your money.
    I'll give you a chance to read the entire thread again because I know it's a bit long and at times complicated because there has been some questions through private messages, when you're done and you've edited your post to reflect what's actually going on then I'll cover any concern you might have.

Confuse?

You forget about longevity of the system. I mean you can't really future-prrof a PC, we all know that. However, you can spend a little more and make it last longer.

I do agree on the CPUs, a lot of times i7's are recommended when not really needed, thoguh sometimes that is with a good reason. If a user does not want to OC and will not even consider it, the i7-Ks come with higher stock and turbo clocks, so are worth it in some cases. Still better off getting an i5 and OCing it yourself, but that is too much for some people.

The GPUs though, when a user gives a budget, unless it's a stupid high crazy budget, you get them the best GPU that fits in the budget. This is not going overkill, this is making sure the system will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You forget about longevity of the system. I mean you can't really future-prrof a PC, we all know that. However, you can spend a little more and make it last longer.

I do agree on the CPUs, a lot of times i7's are recommended when not really needed, thoguh sometimes that is with a good reason. If a user does not want to OC and will not even consider it, the i7-Ks come with higher stock and turbo clocks, so are worth it in some cases. Still better off getting an i5 and OCing it yourself, but that is too much for some people.

The GPUs though, when a user gives a budget, unless it's a stupid high crazy budget, you get them the best GPU that fits in the budget. This is not going overkill, this is making sure the system will last longer.
    I appreciate this input. Its true, I dont have a ton of money to spend nor do I think I will in the coming year. I just want to be able to get something I can play games that are out now on really good with the budget I have. Hell yeah Id love an i7 with all the best graphics cards and such but im not worried about all that. Just love to be able to play GTA or Skyrim without playing on low settings and crashing every 10 mins.

I also appreciate the attention this thread as gotten. You guys are some good folks.
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2015-06-11 at 07:10 AM.