What talent's should I be rocking (Prot)

Hey, I recently resubbed and was wondering what the talents are now, I havn't played since early highmaul and im 684, im currently using Holyshield, Prism, Sanctified wrath, and sacred shield. Is that still the build then occasionally swap into seraphim? Thanks. Also if someone knows the stat priority to it would be nice, im still just going mastery bonus armour.

Prot paladin guide.

TLDR:
    For dps, you use Seraphim and either Holy Avenger on short fights for the burst damage with potions and trinkets or Sanctified Wrath with the Final Wrath Glyph.
    For tanking multiple mobs or any magic damage, Holy Shield is best, most often paired with Holy Avenger.
    For tanking constant purely physical damage the whole fight (such as Butcher or Kromog), Emp. Seals with Divine Purpose is strong (you need the 20 % haste buff, so if you don't want to swap seals (often not worth the global cooldowns), just sit in SoR.

Holy Shield + Holy Avenger sitting in SoI is the default defensive option, I'd recommend that for most fights until you get better feel for the encounters.

For Seraphim, your best stat after bonus armor is haste, for the other 2 talents mastery.

Lvl 90 talents are pretty straightforward. ES for single target damage or healing, Light's Hammer for AoE damage, Holy Prism for instant AoE heal, but I don't really recommend it because of the global cooldowns (3 every minute compared to only 1 for the other options).

Deleted
    Hai!

Specifically looking at the talents you're asking about:

1. Sacred Shield - Other two are very, very weak.
    2. Sanctified Wrath is the weakest of the 3. Divine Purpose performs better on longer fights with more constant damage while Holy Avenger performs best on shorter fights or predictable burst damage. I swap between them based on the fight, but Holy Avenger seems to be shining on a lot of fights for me.
    3. Light's Hammer is really solid on almost every fight, I very rarely swap it out. Holy Prism is decent on fights where you need a bit more self-healing, or where you both have too much movement to use LH and don't require the burst from Execution Sentence.
    4. All three 100 talents are decent in their own rights. Seraphim requires the most proficiency but offers a very solid DPS gain and performs very well defensively as well, Holy Shield is amazing on some fights and decent on others, and Empowered Seals works for a few select encounters. It comes down to your progression and preference; I personally use HS for most fights.

You do want to run Bonus Armor > Haste > Mastery for the majority of builds. Seraphim favors Haste above Mastery, Empowered Seals performs optimally while Haste capped at ~1715 Haste (unbuffed) and Holy Shield has both very close to each other. I prefer keeping my Haste above 1700 and then stacking Mastery on HS as I very rarely play with Seraphim and it allows me to use EmpS when HS doesn't offer any benefit. Both Haste and Mastery performs well with HS, Mastery comes out slightly ahead on value but its important to figure out where you're most comfortable at with your Haste rating.

EmpS is now quite decent on a select few fights, and a very comfortable talent to use. If you're not doing Mythic and you're decently geared then you can simply run it on every fight without issues, but I would recommend HS above it. EmpS is a trap talent that looks amazing but performs very poorly in reality aside from constant predictable damage intake, such as Kromog so I wouldn't recommend playing it as a default. Seraphim got nerfed a bit but still performs quite well. HS shines on quite a few fights and still performs competitively on the majority of encounters.

Play around with the combinations until you find something that works well for you. If you're looking for a cookie-cutter defensive option, run Holy Shield with Holy Avenger on burst fights and Divine Purpose on sustain fights. Holy Avenger can also be used as a defensive cooldown (multiple SotR and WoG over the duration), so keep that in mind if you're having issues getting through a certain damage period (such as 30% Frenzy on Kromog).
    Last edited by mmoc6cc60e7ea2; 2015-06-08 at 08:36 AM.

Icyveins my friend. Prot Paladins are pretty versatile compared to the other tank classes.