Thread: WoW or FFXIV

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Difficulty counts on the fight, some of them I have seen done by 4 people because the other 4 got locked out. Regardless the % goes up if you loose so eventually you auto win even if half the group is dead. I know that doesn't fit the narrative but that's the facts even if they are facts you don't want to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

In the last 5 years I have been sent a tell from a blizzard gold seller exactly 0 times. In ffxiv if I stay online all day I get 25-50 whispers to buy gold from either hacked accounts or accounts where they spam, delete, spam, delete into infinity.
    Echo doesn't go into effect until later, right? Bismarck/Ravana EX and Alexander doesn't have echo yet, I didn't think.

It's also interesting to see how this continues with XIV. I was perfectly content with 2.0 method of having 8 man raiding be hard and when a patch came out, the previous went onto roulette with echo buff and the true "LFR" raid was the 24 man. While I've enjoyed going through the fairly easy Alexander normal (or "story mode"), I'm curious how it will affect the game long term.

FFXIV does ban botters, btw. They've released numbers on their ban waves in the past. The problem is people don't report them because it's kind of a hassle. Easier to just blacklist them. They need a quicker right click > report spam option.

Blacklisting is pointless though; I have never been PMed by the same character about gold. Unless blacklisting blacklists the account (and even then it's still rather pointless), you're just taking up space in the list that could be used for actual reasons to blacklist (toxicity, etc.).
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Some of the botters with names like nmankdhasdksdkjdhakdh will be created to spam a list of character names with their ad and then they delete the character and make another named isadoiaduqopwuwu and spam, repeat. Black listing them does nothing as when you do it the system says that character no longer exists.

I have to turn off sound notification of whispers in game.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Some of the botters with names like nmankdhasdksdkjdhakdh will be created to spam a list of character names with their ad and then they delete the character and make another named isadoiaduqopwuwu and spam, repeat. Black listing them does nothing as when you do it the system says that character no longer exists.

I have to turn off sound notification of whispers in game.
    This is why they really really should add a report system like in WoW. Right click -> Report Spam. The bot is reported and added to a temporary blacklist for 1 day. Easier and better.

They should also make it where any character that gets mass blacklisted in a short time is also auto reported and the account flagged.

In an ideal world every MMO would hire people to constantly monitor in-game activity and ban players who are actively suspicious. One has to wonder why this doesn't happen - since it would, in fact, eliminate most (if not all) illegal activity. It's disheartening that the economy in MMO's is so negatively affected by those who cheat. I suppose I'm lucky since Balmung is almost always locked when it comes to creating fresh characters - though I do see quite a lot of players appearing out of nowhere and then vanishing from sight as they dart between resource nodes.

Honourable players tend to make it pretty obvious where illegal activity is occurring, so it's not as if the hypothetical employee would struggle to find new hot-spots of suspicious activity to investigate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that gil spam is a problem.
    Blizzard seems to have gotten that fixed somehow... maybe square should ask them what they did? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's funny, I had a full blacklist of spammers back in 2.0. Quit for a year, came back, and maybe 80% of those names were still active names. :O
    Banning an account doesn't mean they delete it. Unless you're continuing to receive whispers from those names, they aren't actually active.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

It's funny, I had a full blacklist of spammers back in 2.0. Quit for a year, came back, and maybe 80% of those names were still active names. :O
    My blacklist is 200/200 of just spammers.... all of them still active even after 6+ months. I'll go back and delete some from the top of the list every once and a while but without fail, at least one of the names will send me a spam tell within a minute of taking them off the blacklist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't remember the last time I got a gil spam message. I guess being on Balmung, they just can't get in to make characters most of the time.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I honestly can't remember the last time I got a gil spam message. I guess being on Balmung, they just can't get in to make characters most of the time.
    I've noticed that when I spend time in expansion areas, I'm not getting any spam messages. But when I teleport to pre-expansion area, I might get message or two. (Odin EU)
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2015-09-17 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Phoenix EU here and I haven't gotten a gil spam message like 3 months now