Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You assume the women would want him for his awards, right after he says they don't belong there because of romance issues he's had in his past.
    He didnt say they dont belong there.

Poor guy. A brilliant mind being punished because of a joke that some butthurt feminist couldn't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Right. Because his awards mean more to science than offended individuals.
    Do they really? Science is about progress, people holding onto old ideas and not being innovative "is" a problem is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Poor guy. A brilliant mind being punished because of a joke that some butthurt feminist couldn't handle.
    It's not like he will never find a job again. Someone else who is less PC will hire him as a researcher. This is really London's loss, not his.

Deleted
    Do they really? Science is about progress, people holding onto old ideas and not being innovative "is" a problem is it not?
    Scientific progress and social progress aren't the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yet you fail to give a counter example.
    "Who do I gotta fuck for a bottle of Dodecahedrane round 'ere?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's like you're trying to scream "LOOK AT HOW VERY LITTLE I KNOW" at the top of your lungs.
    It's like you live on tumblr... oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Can you define privilege for us? This guy certainly didn't have the privilege to say whatever he wanted or make a joke in poor taste. The question is, are women allowed to make similarly sexist jokes against men without being fired? I honestly don't know, but if they can make jokes and men can't....then who is privileged?
    Well, seeing as there was even a whole discussion about a woman who proudly tweeted #KillAllMen, about whether she should be fired, after which she didn't get fired after all, I'm pretty sure when I say: yes, women can be allowed to make similarly, or even more sexist jokes against men.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I don't like comedy because it's a white man's, and a Nobel laureate privilege. Good thing they fired him.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Scientific progress and social progress aren't the same.
    But they're not always separate issues.

This thread was great until Themius came with his nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    It's like you're trying to scream "LOOK AT HOW VERY LITTLE I KNOW" at the top of your lungs.
    But people outside the internet don't use it.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, seeing as there was even a whole discussion about a woman who proudly tweeted #KillAllMen, about whether she should be fired, after which she didn't get fired after all, I'm pretty sure when I say: yes, women can be allowed to make similarly, or even more sexist jokes against men.
    What are you talking about?! That's equality!

/gleefullyrunsaway

Deleted
    What difference does it even make? His comments have no practical outcomes to his lectures, it's not preventing women from working in labs, it's clearly never negatively impacted his work either.

Deleted
    It's a push saying he's backwards thinking when he married an already esteemed scientist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    but certainly not from black people because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    Whoa there, I guess the Turks hating Kurds and likewise Kurds hating Turks isn't racism. Despite them hating each other due to their ethnicity.

Or Arab North Africans seeing Sub-Saharan Africans as lesser beings.

IS Sunni Muslim Arab fighters were literally comitting genocide against Yazidis due to their ethnicity and religion associated with it.

Racism and prejudice is part of the human condition. It's not limited to people of specific colour. Get your head out your ass.
    Last edited by mmoc3930bb48c6; 2015-06-14 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    All the turkish boys in my class hated kurds and used it as insult.

Deleted
    I use Tumblr for one extremely specific purpose and nothing else. Even then, it's only because I thought it had a better format than Wordpress for what I wanted to do.

Really? It was coined in academic circles in the 80's.
    Academic circles isn't the real world hun... You never see a minority screaming white privilege

10+ Year Old Account
    You assume the women would want him for his awards, right after he says they don't belong there because of romance issues he's had in his past.
    Why are you deliberately misrepresenting what he said?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    All the turkish boys in my class hated kurds and used it as insult.
    Those dirty lemoncurds