Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    What are you on about?? You assert allot of things that i did not even mention. This monologue only says that you have to treat others as you would like to be treated. That doesn't take away that people like to be seen as good, you do not need to be nice to the cashier, they will help you regardless, but you are still nice to them. Being nice enables you to feel good about your self, that in on its own is often enough to be nice.
    politeness is a form of self respect. its also something that has been part of many warrior cultures dating back to pre-BC china. in feudal japan, samurai considered it a high art form and part of their fabric of being. miyamoto musashi wrote about it and the hagakure even discussed it. pretty sure I'd take the words of a guy who fought death duels vs people who get mad when their chicken nuggets are 20 seconds late. maybe the problem is you just weren't raised properly. its not like low breeding doesn't come into play.

and a cashier doesn't have to help you if you're a douche, they can ask a manager to throw you out.
    Last edited by Ventris; 2015-06-16 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    That's just dumb. Of course someone's skin colour influences how their 'ability to perceive problems/issues' BECAUSE of racism and oppression people with certain skin colours have a harder life and they have a bigger struggle than this white scientist so they are more inherently sensitive to issues and even more empathetic to racial abuse.

If I was black and experienced racism I have already a better perception of racial issues and problems than a white person who has never experienced racism.
    So, let me make sure I understand this, you are saying white people don't experience racism?

That's funny, I thought it was the new hip thing to hate on white males!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventris View Post
    politeness is a form of self respect. its also something that has been part of many warrior cultures dating back to pre-BC china. samurai considered it a high art form and part of their fabric of being. miyamoto musashi wrote about it and the hagakure even discussed it. pretty sure I'd take the words of a guy who fought death duels vs people who get mad when their chicken nuggets are 20 seconds late. maybe the problem is you just weren't raised properly. its not like low breeding doesn't come into play.

and a cashier doesn't have to help you if you're a douche, they can ask a manager to throw you out.
    WTF have you been using? First you think that someone "won by knockout" because someone els correctly thought that "people want to be seen as nice" is not something that needs to be proven. So there you where wrong, then you trow out a monologue about how you won't get far in life not being nice. That has actually strengthening the point of the guy "who was defeated by knockout".

Now you are mumbling some incoherent nonsense about pre-BE Chinese Samurai... I don't really know were to begin with pointing out what is wrong with this but ill give it a go..
    First off, there is no such a thing as pre-BC. BC stands for "Before Christ" there is no such thing as before before.
    Secondly, it the Samurai are Japanese not Chinese and they existed in the second half on the previous millennium. That is nowhere near the BC area..
    Thirdly, the words you have read are from some guy who read a book and translated it, you did not read his story but a rehash off it.
    Fourth, insulting doesn't strengthen your argument it only makes you seem even less smart. I thought someone who was "raised properly" would know this...
    And finally, no, you do not need to be nice in order for a cashier to help you. There is a big difference between being nice and being a douche. I thought someone who was raised right would know this. Not being nice is not the same as being an asshole, as someone who was raised right would know this.

WTF have you been using? First you think that someone "won by knockout" because someone els correctly thought that "people want to be seen as nice" is not something that needs to be proven. So there you where wrong, then you trow out a monologue about how you won't get far in life not being nice. That has actually strengthening the point of the guy "who was defeated by knockout".

Now you are mumbling some incoherent nonsense about pre-BE Chinese Samurai... I don't really know were to begin with pointing out what is wrong with this but ill give it a go..
    First off, there is no such a thing as pre-BC. BC stands for "Before Christ" there is no such thing as before before.
    Secondly, it the Samurai are Japanese not Chinese and they existed in the second half on the previous millennium. That is nowhere near the BC area..
    Thirdly, the words you have read are from some guy who read a book and translated it, you did not read his story but a rehash off it.
    Fourth, insulting doesn't strengthen your argument it only makes you seem even less smart. I thought someone who was "raised properly" would know this...
    And finally, no, you do not need to be nice in order for a cashier to help you. There is a big difference between being nice and being a douche. I thought someone who was raised right would know this. Not being nice is not the same as being an asshole, as someone who was raised right would know this.
    probably because homedude had nothing to back his claims up

I never said pre-BC chinese samurai, you seem to have reading comprehension problems. I said in many warrior cultures. I then said in feudal japan. I'm sorry, if I need to break down historical epochs for you because you lack the mental ability and historical knowledge for me to speak conversationally to you I can revert to using bullet points and very small words so that you may keep up. I guess that's my bad, sometimes I think people on the internet would be able to distinguish that a period represents a sentence break. my bad, I apologize for stressing you out so much.

and since I will be having to break things down into very small, easily digestible bits for you since again, I can't speak to you conversationally since that would require you to have a higher IQ, like I said many warrior cultures actually had it. the knight's templar (you know, knights. they kinda look like paladins. also they have these things called "horses" that they ride) would be another example. I can use smaller words and easier examples if I'm losing you here.

and I didn't insult you, you have yet to demonstrate anything elsewise showing that I was inaccurate. <<-- notice the period there.

and no really a cashier doesn't have to put up with you. that's the fun part about the free market, really no one has to put up with you.
    Last edited by Ventris; 2015-06-16 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    probably because homedude had nothing to back his claims up

I never said pre-BC chinese samurai, you seem to have reading comprehension problems. I said in many warrior cultures. I then said in feudal japan. I'm sorry, if I need to break down historical epochs for you because you lack the mental ability and historical knowledge for me to speak conversationally to you I can revert to using bullet points and very small words so that you may keep up. I guess that's my bad, sometimes I think people on the internet would be able to distinguish that a period represents a sentence break. my bad, I apologize for stressing you out so much.

and since I will be having to break things down into very small, easily digestible bits for you since again, I can't speak to you conversationally since that would require you to have a higher IQ, like I said many warrior cultures actually had it. the knight's templar (you know, knights. they kinda look like paladins. also they have these things called "horses" that they ride) would be another example. I can use smaller words and easier examples if I'm losing you here.

and I didn't insult you, you have yet to demonstrate anything elsewise showing that I was inaccurate. <<-- notice the period there.

and no really a cashier doesn't have to put up with you. that's the fun part about the free market, really no one has to put up with you.
    Read what you said, you never mentioned Japan, not ones, you went from pre-BC china (where people were killed so they could be buried with their lord) to Samurai.
    All you have done is be insulting without actually saying something or contributing to the discussion. There are things that do not need numbers, the sky is blue, most people want to be seen as nice, these things are obvious. But you should know this, being raised well and all..
    You not being able to remember anything you wrote yourself is not up to me, it is entirely your own fault.
    And yes she does, but clearly you do not see the difference between being nice and being an asshole. Being normal is not being nice, it is being normal, that is all you need to be to be serviced. I do not need to bring flowers, ask her about her day, or anything like that.

Maybe it's about Vanilla wow in China?.

Read what you said, you never mentioned Japan, not ones, you went from pre-BC china (where people were killed so they could be buried with their lord) to Samurai.
    All you have done is be insulting without actually saying something or contributing to the discussion. There are things that do not need numbers, the sky is blue, most people want to be seen as nice, these things are obvious. But you should know this, being raised well and all..
    You not being able to remember anything you wrote yourself is not up to me, it is entirely your own fault.
    And yes she does, but clearly you do not see the difference between being nice and being an asshole. Being normal is not being nice, it is being normal, that is all you need to be to be serviced. I do not need to bring flowers, ask her about her day, or anything like that.

the fun part is if you check the timestamps I actually edited it before you replied because I figured you wouldn't be bright enough to differentiate what I was talking about. go ahead, I haven't touched it on the previous page. I was like, "wait, this guy might not be bright enough to speak conversationally." I've actually been letting you babble because I figured I'd let you prove my point. thanks btw. <<<--- that's also a period there, you know,if you were wondering where the sentence ended and this one began.

and actually in this day and age yeah, there are things that can be attributed to numbers. you can break anything down into numbers. I'm guessing you never made your way out of pre-algebra.... you can pretty much put anything on a graph these days and data is still relevant and quantifiable. just because you "feel" that doesn't mean its true. oh, and even the sky being blue? yeah, that can be broken down into numbers also. but hey, we've already solved that you can't speak conversationally much less mathematically so I won't trouble you with silly little things like atmospherics and color spectra of waves through gases....

and really, "being normal is not being nice." I mean come on, am I really wasting my time indulging subjective claims from someone trying to define what is "normal" from their own paranoid little lense of the world. I'll give you a chance to try better on your next post. don't disappoint, old sport.

Deleted
    the fun part is if you check the timestamps I actually edited it before you replied because I figured you wouldn't be bright enough to differentiate what I was talking about. go ahead, I haven't touched it on the previous page. I was like, "wait, this guy might not be bright enough to speak conversationally." I've actually been letting you babble because I figured I'd let you prove my point. thanks btw. <<<--- that's also a period there, you know,if you were wondering where the sentence ended and this one began.

and actually in this day and age yeah, there are things that can be attributed to numbers. you can break anything down into numbers. I'm guessing you never made your way out of pre-algebra.... you can pretty much put anything on a graph these days and data is still relevant and quantifiable. just because you "feel" that doesn't mean its true. oh, and even the sky being blue? yeah, that can be broken down into numbers also. but hey, we've already solved that you can't speak conversationally much less mathematically so I won't trouble you with silly little things like atmospherics and color spectra of waves through gases....

and really, "being normal is not being nice." I mean come on, am I really wasting my time indulging subjective claims from someone trying to define what is "normal" from their own paranoid little lense of the world. I'll give you a chance to try better on your next post. don't disappoint, old sport.
    The fun part is that you do not know how timestamps work... I pushed reply before you did your edit, i didn't post before you completed your edit. That isn't fun, it is stupid of you not to realize, but he, it doesn't matter, as you said it.
    Nice of you to have learned the period, now lets talk about capital letters.... After a period there is need for a capital letter, for your samurai it would have been the capital S. You can recognize them often because they are bigger versions off the "normal" letters, but this isn't always so! We will talk about that our next lesson.
    And again you totally do not grasp why it is not needed to put it in numbers, yes you can put it in numbers, but it is not needed as we know it to be true.. Guessing your "intellect" didn't thought off that.. It is like asking for the numbers on people who breath.

I'm not the one that claims that you have to be nice, i was pretty clear first time i said it, you are the one that is being difficult here. I needed to define it before you could even understand the very basics off it. Now i will stop this none sense with you, you have not said a single thing towards this and the only thing that comes out are insults. So, i really hope you "get it" some day, but i seriously doubt it, have a nice day.

So this guy made a sexist joke a week ago (?) at a female scientist empowerment conference in Korea about women crying when whenever critisied and that they are more concerned with falling in love with other scientists rather than the science.

He was fired from his main post at the University College London but he and his wife say they were 'hung out to dry' by the lynch mob after news of his joke went viral on twitter.

Read here: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...w-mary-collins

I think this is good news no one should be above criticism even a Nobel laureate he made a complete mockery of women and his university and he deserved to be fired. He's extremely privileged as a white male and I think his joke + reaction to his sacking show him as a disconnected and ignorant person.
    That's pretty much how todays society work, they find a target, do lynch mob justice on him, doing anything they can to destroy that person, once that goal is accomplished then a new target is picked. It's rather sad and scary, I feel sorry for these people. I hope the SJWs get their just deserts one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    This is what he actually said, in case anyone wanted the truth rather than an extremely subjective take on it from the OP.

"Let me tell you about my trouble with girls … three things happen when they are in the lab … You fall in love with them, they fall in love with you and when you criticise them, they cry."
    Alright, so let's break this down. In a long working lab project with the opposite sex, and possibly rivaling mental intellects, obviously there would be chemistry there save for a few complete blunders, so the first and second points are completely valid.

As far as the third point, women tend to be far more emotional creatures and tend to take criticism (especially negative criticism) to the emotional extreme, which can entail fits of rage or as he pointed out, crying.

I really see nothing wrong with his points other than the fact they are a blanket statement, but that's how it is with jokes. Oh this world, getting offended at itself for being the color blue. *whimsical sigh*
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

The fun part is that you do not know how timestamps work... I pushed reply before you did your edit, i didn't post before you completed your edit. That isn't fun, it is stupid of you not to realize, but he, it doesn't matter, as you said it.
    Nice of you to have learned the period, now lets talk about capital letters.... After a period there is need for a capital letter, for your samurai it would have been the capital S. You can recognize them often because they are bigger versions off the "normal" letters, but this isn't always so! We will talk about that our next lesson.
    And again you totally do not grasp why it is not needed to put it in numbers, yes you can put it in numbers, but it is not needed as we know it to be true.. Guessing your "intellect" didn't thought off that.. It is like asking for the numbers on people who breath.

I'm not the one that claims that you have to be nice, i was pretty clear first time i said it, you are the one that is being difficult here. I needed to define it before you could even understand the very basics off it. Now i will stop this none sense with you, you have not said a single thing towards this and the only thing that comes out are insults. So, i really hope you "get it" some day, but i seriously doubt it, have a nice day.
    12:27pm vs 12:40 pm on your reply, since I'm set to london time. but hey like you said, you're not a number guy lol.

and really, you decided to have a go at me because I pointed out the fact that the guy making all the presumptions had not provided anything to support his claims other than he, like you, didn't need no numbers because of feelings. its not like sociological studies are anything new. or polling. and you responded with some gibberish and "we know this to be true." followed by attempts at pseudo-intellectualism to cover up the fact you made a subjective proclamation with nothing to support it and on top of it went so far to attack number based analysis when I mentioned it as well as the poster beforehand who had also asked for it.

I mean really. if you're going to have a go at someone you really should do more than "I SAY IT SO IT MUST BE SO" and not knowing how timestamps work. but alas, that is your bad, not mine. poor form, old sport. poor form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's pretty much how todays society work, they find a target, do lynch mob justice on him, doing anything they can to destroy that person, once that goal is accomplished then a new target is picked. It's rather sad and scary, I feel sorry for these people. I hope the SJWs get their just deserts one day.
    hopefully a Mojave desert.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    So you think his comment was totally acceptable? I think lynch mob is the wrong word to use because then any collective criticism of anyone even murders/rapists becomes 'lynch mob justice'. I think you'll find that while everyone universally condemns his sexist joke people are split between having him fired/resign on one end and on the other end people think that an apology is enough.

It's not sad and scary that he was forced to resign what's sad and scary is how you and others are downplaying systemic sexism in science/society because it's against the grain.

So you think his comment was totally acceptable? I think lynch mob is the wrong word to use because then any collective criticism of anyone even murders/rapists becomes 'lynch mob justice'. I think you'll find that while everyone universally condemns his sexist joke people are split between having him fired/resign on end and other end people think that an apology is enough.

It's not sad and scary that he was forced to resign what's sad and scary is how you and others are downplaying systemic sexism in science/society because it's against the grain.
    The punishment never fits the crime, I am sure you are not guilty of ever saying anything wrong but normal people tend to say the wrong things time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think his comment was totally acceptable? I think lynch mob is the wrong word to use because then any collective criticism of anyone even murders/rapists becomes 'lynch mob justice'. I think you'll find that while everyone universally condemns his sexist joke people are split between having him fired/resign on one end and on the other end people think that an apology is enough.

The fact that women got so bent out of shape proves his point that they're not able to take criticism.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has gotten ridiculous. It's gone from a discussion of racism - which it never should have been, and that has been dealt with - to people fight about Japanese samurai, and then to classic WoW.

Closing.