Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

6.2 DW - NP - ST. Rotation Helper.

Hey,

Since DW is comming soon i thought i'd make a rotation helper to get us back into the frosty gameplay:

Update Simple version:
    pastebin.com/K68BYnTv
    So i actually got to play alittle with the wa and decided to fix some stuff and also remove the split in +-35 health % now it just shows the blood tap to soulreaper and soulreaper icons aswell as soulreaper cd when below 37% together with the standard priority. So you will have the normal rotation and SR icon, the SR icon always takes priority.

Also i'm using this simple GCD Bar - since procs change your priorities you want to wait until just before the GCD ends to cast spells in order to allow any procs to change your priority while you have GCD:
    pastebin.com/7fFAGkcK

WeakAura String old version:
    pastebin.com/cDrru8p1

Yellow BT: Follow up by whatever spell is given
    Red BT: Follow up with Obliterate
    Blue BT: Follow up with Soul Reaper

Yellow ERW/PL: Follow up with whatever spell is given
    Green PL: Make sure to use before 3 seconds is over if you have KM proc try to use it but make sure to PL before NP wears off.

Check it out!
    Last edited by mmoc0597266d61; 2015-06-23 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Any screenshots of this in action?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas7074 View Post
    Any screenshots of this in action?
    So the icons just over the compact runes are the rotation helper. Most of the time there is only 1 icon that represents the best spell to cast to maximize DPS, in this screenshot there is also a bloodtap since its optimal to use that one now because of the current ressources available and it doesnt share cooldown with the rest of the spells. The yellow Blood Tap represents gaining ressources without changing priority, if it was red it should be followed by obliterate if blue soul reaper.

i.imgur.com/waaItPi.jpg

A rotation helper... for DW frost DK... Thanks for sharing with your community though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    A rotation helper... for DW frost DK... Thanks for sharing with your community though.
    Well its not as much a rotation but a list of prioritized conditions. It's actually probably more complex than Unholy if you're min/maxing. Since there are no 'important' procs in unholy. Whereas here you have 2 important procs that gives different prioritizes both in regards to your ressources enemy debuff and enemy health % and bloodcharges available etc.. Honestly it's probably easier to memorize unholy since it is mostly just a rotation. Where as DW frost is changing priorities according to procs. DW is easier to play but harder to master as i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I main an unholy death knight and DW frost is a lot harder to play optimally.

Unholy doesnt have to pool resources nearly as much as DW frost, or rely on procs, we just spend the runes we have and the RP we have unless we need to use DT, which is once every 40 seconds. Sure, id argue its easier to play DW in aoe because its basically just spam Howling Blast, but single target, DW is harder.

are you suppose to use obliterate as soon as an unholy rune becomes available?

10+ Year Old Account
    HB HB HB, HB, FS,FS,FS, PS, PS, rinse and repeat. Why would you play a spec like that?
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    HB HB HB, HB, FS,FS,FS, PS, PS, rinse and repeat. Why would you play a spec like that?
    enjoy being on the bottom of the dps meter with that rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    enjoy being on the bottom of the dps meter with that rotation.
    lol got'em
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

for some reason the blood tap part does not work for me

I see someone still thinks Mastersimple is at all viable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Seconded. Trying to learn DW now and finding there's a steep curve between "okay" and "great." Helpers like that can be really good for when you're just starting out on a spec.
    Im trying to learn it now as well, its difficult, i did something like 35k on hans and franz when i do 45-48 as unholy, I know the buffs havn't gone into effect yet but I still feel like I should be closer

Can't wait to see all the guys like you sitting behind the tanks on every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Inocybe View Post
    Can't wait to see all the guys like you sitting behind the tanks on every fight.
    Because pressing Obliterate once every 20 seconds or so is going to make a 20k dps difference? Me thinks not. Always funny to see the hyperbole of the forums when discussing numbers though.

/edit: I'll just clarify here. Should you try and steer fellow DKs away from Mastersimple because it's suboptimal? Of course. Are they as deserving of your ire as the guy that just came and shit on your front lawn? No.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2015-06-23 at 01:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Because pressing Obliterate once every 20 seconds or so is going to make a 20k dps difference? Me thinks not. Always funny to see the hyperbole of the forums when discussing numbers though.

/edit: I'll just clarify here. Should you try and steer fellow DKs away from Mastersimple because it's suboptimal? Of course. Are they as deserving of your ire as the guy that just came and shit on your front lawn? No.
    Don't worry, you are not the only one still stuck on the mastersimple rotation... gonna need a lot of practice to hit the OB button...
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Don't worry, you are not the only one still stuck on the mastersimple rotation... gonna need a lot of practice to hit the OB button...
    At which point did I say I was playing Mastersimple? Guess this is the kinda mental gymnastics you need to get angry at people for doing something different than yourself.
    /shrug

Stop being so ugly.

Anyone else getting mad errors when they import this?
    Promethèus - Blackrock - US

Deleted
    So since there was some interest in this the last couple of days i decided to upload the fixes i have made while playing with it. See OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Because pressing Obliterate once every 20 seconds or so is going to make a 20k dps difference? Me thinks not. Always funny to see the hyperbole of the forums when discussing numbers though..
    You are the one talking about number. The difference will be enough to difference good and bad dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Inocybe View Post
    So ye, gonna have to be around 20k or so. Just stop the dick measuring, it's sad.