Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Full list of the June 23 Specialization Changes

It's a pretty long read. Can't wait.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...zation-Changes
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-06-16 at 02:03 AM.

But they didn't fix Search & Rescue for Rangers...

They nerfed mesmer torch.... LOL ok. It went from 3 stacks of confusion to 1 stack of burn. The nerfed weaker burn. If it was the old way burn works it would be fine but LOL
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior continues to stay good and the changes are looking excellent. Guess I'll be sticking with my main class still!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Ice Bow Frost Volley: Damage increased by 25%. Vulnerability application of this ability has been increased from 10 seconds to 15.
    Ice Bow Frost Fan: The damage of this ability has been increased by 25%.
    Uh...did I miss something? I thought they were nerfing ice bow.

Interesting post from a site that says that Anet have sent them next week's patch notes. The one huge thing that hasn't been told or leaked so far...

• The attribute difference between exotic and ascended gear has been changed from 5% to 10%

About time. I still won't buy Ascended armor but at least those people who do have it get a bit of a better return on investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    But they didn't fix Search & Rescue for Rangers...
    What's wrong with it currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Uh...did I miss something? I thought they were nerfing ice bow.
    Apparently they said on the stream they changed their minds about it. They apparently said since conjured weapons change all of your skills they are a big deal and should remain powerful...

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Interesting post from a site that says that Anet have sent them next week's patch notes. The one huge thing that hasn't been told or leaked so far...

• The attribute difference between exotic and ascended gear has been changed from 5% to 10%

About time. I still won't buy Ascended armor but at least those people who do have it get a bit of a better return on investment.
    Oh, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post

reddit seems up in arms about this (well what aren't they though). I don't mind the change but I do agree with some of the criticism about it for WvW

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    reddit seems up in arms about this (well what aren't they though). I don't mind the change but I do agree with some of the criticism about it for WvW
    The thing is that advantage for WvW is imaginary. Especially since it is very easy to kit yourself out in full ascended trinkets and weapons. The only expensive and long term goal would be ascended armor and it still isn't enough for me to worry about it.

well I understand why they changed it. there was no reason to get ascended armor before. I do wish they would lower the cost of making them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

Apparently they said on the stream they changed their minds about it. They apparently said since conjured weapons change all of your skills they are a big deal and should remain powerful...

Oh, that's cool.
    Weird. Already though it was pretty strong as-is. Now it'll basically be a permanent fixture for one of my skill slots.

As for the ascended changes...interesting. I just finished crafting the armor for my ele a couple weeks ago. Ended up spending 60-70g on silk alone. Fortunately I had most all of the other mats farmed up thanks to having done world completion 4 times. But still...ugh. That was a grind I was glad to be done with and never needing again.

Saw an interesting point made about it on reddit: Why not make ascended gear properly account wide? In other words, have the gear be retrievable in a manner to how you get some of the freebie weapon skins. It would kinda stink for someone like me who already made 2 ascended daggers, but I would gladly take that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, it does kinda bother me that - even though the change is small - the feeling that I can easily have a stable of maxed out alts ready to play is just a tiny bit lessened. Feels more like I need to focus on a "main" because Ascended is such a money sink and I surely won't do it for all my characters.

Granted, I know that the game generally doesn't REALLY care if I'm in Exotic or Ascended, most content isn't tuned such that it matters. But it'll still be there in my head nagging me.
    Only reason I ended up going for ascended for my ele is because armor and trinkets I had at one time were some mix of knight's and valk stats, so I wanted to properly optimize and seeing that I had already picked up all the ascended jewelry, I figured "eh might as well deck my main out", so I went for it.

As much as I like some of my other alts (warrior and ranger, namely)...I simply CBA to build another ascended set at this time.

Unrelated to that, I also just noticed that the proposed nerfs to arcane tree for ele appear to have been reverted as well. elemental attunement was slated to go from being a major trait to a grandmaster, where it would force the choice of it or evasive arcana. Looks like eles aren't getting shafted at all. I'm still gleaming over the changes small bits at a time, so I suspect I have overlooked important details.

a 10% chance is still extremely small. It looks like a 100% boost but it's still minimal
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I am still crafting all the ascended pieces for my main (admittedly I don't play that much lately)
    I weep for the day where I have to start crafting for my 7 (soon to be 8 with rev) alts

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The CD is ridiculously long for your pet to spend a ridiculously long time trying to rez a guy, when it is so easy for the pet to simply stop rezzing and start attacking your target. You mind as well have just taken any other ability and rezzed the downer yourself and let your pet attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    The CD is ridiculously long for your pet to spend a ridiculously long time trying to rez a guy, when it is so easy for the pet to simply stop rezzing and start attacking your target. You mind as well have just taken any other ability and rezzed the downer yourself and let your pet attack.
    Oh yea... that's not broken that's how they fixed it because before they did that it was stupidly op. They went a bit far because now it's not worth using. But I don't think they'll do much to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Weird. Already though it was pretty strong as-is. Now it'll basically be a permanent fixture for one of my skill slots.
    It was already really strong... I mean it wasn't always the best choice but it was never really a bad choice. Basically they made it so the other skills are more useful so people won't want it just for the #4 skill... but now people are just going to always use it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    a 10% chance is still extremely small. It looks like a 100% boost but it's still minimal
    Yeah, with the current base numbers (if you have all ascended trinkets, which is trivial to get and weapons) the difference between exotic and ascended armor is 1% stat boost. Even at a 10% boost, you'll probably see less than a 2% difference in your stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I weep for the day where I have to start crafting for my 7 (soon to be 8 with rev) alts
    Ascended gear is account bound. You will only need to create three sets of armor.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Ascended gear is account bound. You will only need to create three sets of armor.
    Unless they want to craft different sets, perhaps one for wvw, or a condi build, or (insert idea/criteria here).

I thought about going for the Grand Artisan title at some point, but given the idea that silk prices could skyrocket even higher...nah, no thanks. I'm content with my alts having exotic gear across the board.

- - - Updated - - -

The trinkets are account bound. Beyond that, I'm fairly sure all the crafted stuff becomes soulbound on use.
    No, all ascended gear is account bound. I could throw my armor in the bank from my ele and use it on my necro or mesmer...that is, if they were 80.

Huh. That must have changed at some point, then. :O

Good news, at least!
    if only we could change the stats around

I suppose if we ever get legendary armor, that's what they will do