Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    A full set of Ascended vs. a full set of Exotic was a 12.5% damage increase last time I looked. (Assuming Berserker stats.) So increasing the gap by another 5% would seem to still result in a fairly significant difference.

(Speaking about your entire gear kit, not just armor.)
    True but getting full ascended trinkets (especially with the daily login rewards buffed for laurels and weekly guild missions) is pretty trivial these days. Hell I never buy exotic trinkets anymore because of how easy it is to just by the ascended versions. Making ascended weapons isn't that expensive either (about 150g per weapon which isn't that tough to get these days). By far the most expensive thing is getting a full set of ascended armor and even with this change, it still isn't enough for me to grind for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armor is the only part of going ascended and you can still get away without the armor if you have weapons and trinkets.

On another note: Does it seem more and more like they're trying to make "healer" a slightly more viable role?
    It doesn't matter beacuse the design of combat and the game is counteractive to healer. They can give everyone as many healing skills as they want but healing in this game is not needed and healing power will forever scale low and be shit.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

On another note: Does it seem more and more like they're trying to make "healer" a slightly more viable role?
    There definitely do seem to be a lot of powerful healing options being added with specializations. Looking forward to it quite a bit.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Huh. That must have changed at some point, then. :O

Good news, at least!
    Yea, iirc they changed that back in their first bit features patch last year, might have been the second one though. It all gets mushy after awhile ><

That's what I'm wondering, though...are we going to see some kind of combat system changes in HoT that allow for healing to actually be useful?

I mean, I don't really care either way, but there seem to be more healing-oriented things popping up. :O
    The intention was always that you couldn't out-heal the mechanics, but they can easily make healing more useful without letting him keep a full dungeon group up with no dodges or whatever. Of course that would also mean they need some way for the healer to get credit for any given encounter.

I always thought it'd be funny to make a dedicated rezzer since no matter how "easy" the big encounters get, folks always die.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Here's a nice build calculator with the new traits from Into The Mists...

http://intothemists.com/calc/

Guess those notes weren't finalized. Ascended gear is going to continue being a 5% bonus over exotic (which is a shame in my opinion) but even bigger, there is now a formula to change the stats of your ascended gear to whatever stat combo you want (which is awesome).

Also, RIP everyone who started buying up Bolts of Damask to flip on Tuesday. The price is crashing back to pre leaked notes pricing.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post5173842

Just want to clarify since I saw this come up a couple of times in this thread and we haven’t actually released our full official patch notes for 6/23 yet….

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear. Gear beyond the tiers we already have are not going to be added and our existing tiers won’t change, they won’t be our main end-game form of progression for your characters/account for all the reasons we’ve covered before – it isn’t what we think Gw2 is about.

Masteries is being added to PvE to help provide this system as our form of progression for PvE moving forward, and the WvW ability system exists for WvW and will be what we use to expand WvW in the future.

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-06-19 at 06:02 PM.

was just about to post that carnifex

personally, I think that is fantastic news

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Guess those notes weren't finalized. Ascended gear is going to continue being a 5% bonus over exotic (which is a shame in my opinion) but even bigger, there is now a formula to change the stats of your ascended gear to whatever stat combo you want (which is awesome).

Also, RIP everyone who started buying up Bolts of Damask to flip on Tuesday. The price is crashing back to pre leaked notes pricing.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post5173842

Just want to clarify since I saw this come up a couple of times in this thread and we haven’t actually released our full official patch notes for 6/23 yet….

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear. Gear beyond the tiers we already have are not going to be added and our existing tiers won’t change, they won’t be our main end-game form of progression for your characters/account for all the reasons we’ve covered before – it isn’t what we think Gw2 is about.

Masteries is being added to PvE to help provide this system as our form of progression for PvE moving forward, and the WvW ability system exists for WvW and will be what we use to expand WvW in the future.

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.
    Was about to post this also. VERY welcome change, although it kinda blows for anyone who has already crafted ascended items of varying stats (especially armor).

I would assume that this applies to armor in addition to weapons; I say that due to the fact Colin specified exotic insignia, which are for armor, but didn't mention inscriptions.

Edit: Colin went back and clarified it will apply to both weapons and armor.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2015-06-19 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Edit: Colin went back and clarified it will apply to both weapons and armor.
    Linsey Murdock also confirmed that "something" is coming for ascended trinkets as well, she said to hang on to your rings n stuff.

AND Colin just teased that we will get something "very soon" for our mountains of Dragonite Ore. Direct quote "Keep an eye on Lion's Arch. Muahahaha" so possibly with the rebuild on Tuesday.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    [...]

[...]

I am SO lucky. I had like 20 bolts of damask sitting in my inventory to sell some day - and decided to sell them last week. I guess I couldn't have choosen a better moment.

yea you can change stats on ascended gear!

The main reason why I didn't invest in getting it in the first place.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    HoT in October at the latest, this patch is just to damn big lot to be the last push to the expansion.

Are the Scrolls of Knowledge change in this patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    Are the Scrolls of Knowledge change in this patch?
    Yes, considering they're changing skill points in this patch

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yes, considering they're changing skill points in this patch
    Are they? I haven't seen anything in the patch notes about it

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    Are they? I haven't seen anything in the patch notes about it
    This patch has the changes to specs, which requires the changes to skill points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    WvW roaming is going to be great this week, all the new builds will making it really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    This patch has the changes to specs, which requires the changes to skill points.
    Oh I just saw a reddit post that says the Spirit Shards are in this patch, thank you very much
    But I guess I'll have to do 65 'skill challenges' on every character to get my full build.