Page 11 of 175 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Good thing they don't have to write a new story.
    I was kinda confused by that bad news too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It lacked a memorable villain. Ultimecia was so much a puppet master it was hard to really get hyped for that final fight. Nothing like a Kefka or a Sephiroth.
    Because a villain that shows up in person for the first time in the final dungeon is totally memorable. (Nothing against FFVII or Sephrioth, I'm super hyped for the game. I just feel like I need to remind people the villain they chase the entire game isn't him but Jenova in his form. The real Sephiroth spends the entire game waiting at Northen Crater)

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Good thing they don't have to write a new story.
    You do realize the Director of a game is responsible for tone, pacing and overall message, right?

You also do realize that every game Tetsuya Nomura directed, even if he had very little to work with, became J-pop emocore garbage, I hope. Hell, he put a J-rock star character in one of his games. Out of freaking nowhere.

I'm considering you're informed enough to dig up about the making of the games instead of just consuming it like a cheap, greasy plate of french fries.
    Last edited by bewbew; 2015-06-16 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Because a villain that shows up in person for the first time in the final dungeon is totally memorable. (Nothing against FFVII or Sephrioth, I'm super hyped for the game. I just feel like I need to remind people the villain they chase the entire game isn't him but Jenova in his form. The real Sephiroth spends the entire game waiting at Northen Crater)
    The real sephiroth's consciousness controls Jenova so it is still him. His reforming body is at the Northern Crater. When Sephiroth dissolves into the Life Stream, his will survives and weaves itself into the stream. That's why he's never truly defeated even in Advent Children because he is one with the Life Stream and will manifest again if someone provides a vessel.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're kidding me right? Sephiroth is always in the top 10/5 video game villains in every single poll. Who cares if it's him or jenova

Deleted
    Yeah but you still have the feeling Sephiroth is present, even if it's not really him, you still get to know him as a character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    You do realize the Director of a game is responsible for tone, pacing and overall message, right?

You also do realize that every game Tetsuya Nomura directed, even if he had very little to work with, became J-pop emocore garbage, I hope. Hell, he put a J-rock star character in one of his games. Out of freaking nowhere.

I'm considering you're informed enough to dig up about the making of the games instead of just consuming it like a cheap, greasy plate of french fries.
    Unless they change the story, or expand upon it, I don't see how they can ruin the story of a remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Meh FF8 was a better game, should remake that
    if 7 goes down well and fans dont completely shit all over it you can bet there's an 8, 9, and possibly even 10 remake in the works.

for me personally, i just hope they don't change much from the story. and if they change anything at all, just let us have a secret way for aerith to not die.

Deleted
    I guess my only real fear is that they butcher the story (not sure how they can manage that though, just use the old story, please).

Deleted
    ive always found ff7 over rated to be honest plenty of other rpgs out there in my opinion that are better but ill still buy it lol

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing so many younger friends ejaculating over this on Facebook. I don't get the fuss, it was a good game but it's not even the best RPG on the PS1 nevermind best 32bit RPG or best 90's RPG.

I guess it really made an impression on players who started with the PS1 so it was their first proper RPG /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty nice, I always found seven hard to get into... so ugly

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Meh FF8 was a better game, should remake that
    This actually hurts to read, I hated 8 with every fibre of my being.

I'm really looking forward to the reboot, it's enough to make me want to buy a PS4.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the triad game, but much prefer golden saucer, really looking forward to how they handle all those mini games.

10+ Year Old Account
    All bow down to the glory that is FFX.

I'm somewhat pleased FFVII is getting a remake. Though I have to buy a PS4 when it comes. Cant be arsed to wait for a PC version.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by dezaroth111 View Post
    ive always found ff7 over rated to be honest plenty of other rpgs out there in my opinion that are better but ill still buy it lol
    Out of all the Final Fantasys, FF7 is probably the most overrated. Not counting spinoffs, I'd count FF4 and 6 as top. FF9/X as next in terms of greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I guess it really made an impression on players who started with the PS1 so it was their first proper RPG /shrug.
    You never forget your first love
    I am the lucid dream

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    FF9 was my favourite but it's clear that FF7 is by far the most successful, well known and loved game.
    Only in the west (because it was the first RPG experience for the Playstation generation), in Japan they tend to prefer other FF titles.

I am not interested in games whose characters looks Asian, and this remake is not going to improve on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I am not interested in games whose characters looks Asian, and this remake is not going to improve on that.
    Which character in Final Fantasy 7 looks Asian?

I am the lucid dream

I think 7 and 8 out of all of them aged the worse. I can go back and very joyfully play the SNES games still. The PS2 ones are fine. 9 is fine. Those early 3d games just translated poorly to the present in my opinion. So a 7 remake is great and I think an 8 remake would be nice too.