10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I just want to point out. It's Nomura's fault the game isn't out yet. He's too busy putting more damn belts on all the characters, playable and npc alike.
    True story. His name actually isn't "Nomura" it's "NO,MOREBELTS!"
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the game took 10 more years to make, as long as it matched or exceeded my expectations. We're only going to get one remake. I'd rather it be top tier quality than a rushed disappointment. I don't think I've been looking forward to anything quite like this. I want it to be everything and more.
    I hope it beats my expectations, because they're pretty low considering "recent" FF games and how they slaughtered the main part of those games (combat). And apparently they'll be doing the same with FF7 remake.
    Oh, hi.

Look guys I'm going to go ahead and be real for a minute, No way I'm reading through 61 pages to find out what the deal is. Is this still going ahead and have they given any indication of a timeline? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Look guys I'm going to go ahead and be real for a minute, No way I'm reading through 61 pages to find out what the deal is. Is this still going ahead and have they given any indication of a timeline? Cheers.
    Yeah it's still in development. They hinted towards tomorrow's PS4 event. We will see what gets revealed tomorrow I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Yeah it's still in development. They hinted towards tomorrow's PS4 event. We will see what gets revealed tomorrow I guess.
    Thank you, u da mvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it still planned to be released in episodes? That's about the only thing that i dislike about it currently

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Is it still planned to be released in episodes? That's about the only thing that i dislike about it currently
    Nobody knows because that version was being made by CyberConnect and Square didn't like the quality and canned them/moved the project in house a long time ago. We won't know if it's being developed the same until it gets re-revealed.

6 was the best.
    7 was ok, but the summons being unskippable really irked me to no end.
    8 was decent at first, and had great moments, but it became a sincere drag toward the end. It ended up being the first FF i quit before the end,.
    and haven't picked up any more FF since then.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    6 was the best.
    7 was ok, but the summons being unskippable really irked me to no end.
    8 was decent at first, and had great moments, but it became a sincere drag toward the end. It ended up being the first FF i quit before the end,.
    and haven't picked up any more FF since then.
    bit of a shame to not give FF9 a shot.

Probably the best paced FF game and easily one if not THE best games of the series.

Personally I dont like what happens to the story towards the end with Zidane but other than that the game is flawless.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-05-10 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Your post makes me believe it could be a 92 MC game and it wouldn't match or exceed your expectations. They are not going to take a decade to make this game, they are not going to have 1000 devs working on it. They are not going to build the entire world map as a full open world continent etc... Peoples expectations really be crazy as shit. Expect the FFVII story... in modern HD graphics... with voice acting. Square isn't gonna spend $300 mil making this game like it's GTA or something rofl.

The only point of contention I will take serious is if they indeed mess with the battle system as expected. That is legitimate if it ends up sucking. I expect to see lots of complaints about "it's not as big as I expected!" and "they cut X from the game!" which is just insta wtf did you expect hombre?
    Well, that's mostly all I expect. >.> I want to experience the world and story with modern graphics. The world map is tricky to get right, but I don't see why they couldn't get it close. There are plenty open world games now. I'm hoping I still have to get past the Midgar Zolom on a Chocobo, or climb the junkyard to get to Shinra Tower.

The battle system isn't why I liked this game, so I'm not putting as much emphasis on that.

Nice video, can't wait until 2021 when we get a 2 minute video.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Nice video, can't wait until 2021 when we get a 2 minute video.
    You mean 1 month away when they give a full blow out of it like they did KH3 last year?

Game will ship by the end of January.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    bit of a shame to not give FF9 a shot.

Probably the best paced FF game and easily one if not THE best games of the series.

Personally I dont like what happens to the story towards with end with Zidane but other than that the game is flawless.
    9 was so fucking boring. It was one of the worse in my opinions. Not that I need my player characters to be edge lords or anything, but man, the characters in 9 were so fucking cheesy, even for the FF series.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    Man that looks so much better than that poopyass cyberconnect2 build trailer

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...sy-vii-remake/

The main staff from the original game have reunited for this PS4 remake, with more details coming in June.
    We might actually live in the best time line where square saved what was going to be a shitty out sourced remake with twilight vampire looking Cloud.

Judging by that UI in the trailer it seems it's gonna be a blend of 15s combat but with 7s traditional setup of "Attack, Magic, Summon" and whatnot as well as being able to control more than just Cloud.

So basically..... HYPE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Judging by that UI in the trailer it seems it's gonna be a blend of 15s combat but with 7s traditional setup of "Attack, Magic, Summon" and whatnot as well as being able to control more than just Cloud.

So basically..... HYPE TIME.
    Combat doesn't seem anything like XV tbh(outside of being action). The team that made KH1 and KH2 is the team working on the gameplay for this(https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/...77393565822976) so I would expect more of a blend between KH2FM gameplay blended with old mechanics from VII.

I mean I guess you could say it's XV combat with good camera work, no "hold button to attack", and functioning short cuts but those are all the reasons why XV combat is trash and this games combat appears hopeful from that trailer.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-05-09 at 10:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Combat doesn't seem anything like XV tbh(outside of being action). The team that made KH1 and KH2 is the team working on the gameplay for this(https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/...77393565822976) so I would expect more of a blend between KH2FM gameplay blended with old mechanics from VII.

I mean I guess you could say it's XV combat with good camera work, no "hold button to attack", and functioning short cuts but those are all the reasons why XV combat is trash and this games combat appears hopeful from that trailer.
    The 15 team was the kh 1/2 team =/