Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because Square Enix is being Square Enix.

I am a big FF7 fan to the point where I admit my opinion on it is very bias and even I didn't want a Remake. I would like to see the series just die off because its been milked to death.

So I didn't really get my hopes up about this and every step of the way Square Enix has shown me that I made the right choice on that.
    Just feels like FF7 time has been and gone.

Its a different world let alone gaming market.

Cross dressing Cloud can RIP

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just feels like FF7 time has been and gone.

Its a different world let alone gaming market.

Cross dressing Cloud can RIP
    Honestly for me the only thing that really gives me a interest is the fact it isn't a turn based JRPG. If I wanted a turn based FF7 I would just play the original copy.

I think they will keep Cross dressing cloud in but hey I have been wrong before. They have said they want to see the core of the game there but this is Square Enix we are talking about.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Honestly for me the only thing that really gives me a interest is the fact it isn't a turn based JRPG. If I wanted a turn based FF7 I would just play the original copy.

I think they will keep Cross dressing cloud in but hey I have been wrong before. They have said they want to see the core of the game there but this is Square Enix we are talking about.
    the original copy still holds up.

Play it once a year at least.

As does 8 and 9. 10 Feels like a bit of a slog considering how many stats you need for end game.

Tons out there give me a type and ill give you 3.

Its a you issue.
    Looked through the entirety of last years offering, found at best 3-4 new games (not remakes or expansions) that even midly peaked my interest. All the games on the best selling list or most awards? Spiderman? God of War? Red Dead? Zero interest.

Take God of War. Used to be a crazy action packed game from start to finish.... now you watch the first 30 minutes of gameplay and its boring as fuck....

As does 8 and 9. 10 Feels like a bit of a slog considering how many stats you need for end game.
    Yep I play it every once in awhile.

I own two PS1 copies and the PS4 version.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Original VII graphics are horrendous even by PSX standards....

I could deal with that... but the lack of Dual Shock support kills it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Original VII graphics are horrendous even by PSX standards....

I could deal with that... but the lack of Dual Shock support kills it for me.
    Graphics have never really been a deal breaker for me.

I mean even those pokemon blue/red games were pretty fun and they were legit a couple dots thrown together.

Graphics have never really been a deal breaker for me.

I mean even those pokemon blue/red games were pretty fun and they were legit a couple dots thrown together.
    It's different when it comes to sprites, bad 3d graphics stick out a lot more

Looked through the entirety of last years offering, found at best 3-4 new games (not remakes or expansions) that even midly peaked my interest. All the games on the best selling list or most awards? Spiderman? God of War? Red Dead? Zero interest.

Take God of War. Used to be a crazy action packed game from start to finish.... now you watch the first 30 minutes of gameplay and its boring as fuck....
    First Bolded) That's a you problem

Second bolded) Are you saying a game can't be good unless it wins rewards and sells 10's of millions of copies? If so you are proving my point about JRPG's but not in the way I was talking about.

Third Bolded) Once again a you issue.

Games that released in 2018 I loved.

1) Dragonball Fighterz
    2) Monster Hunter Worlds
    3) God of War
    4) Spiderman
    5) Detroit: Become Human
    6) Warhammer Vermintide 2
    7) Furi
    and many more.

Games in 2018 I look forward to getting around to playing or playing more of.
    1) Tetris Effect
    2) Darksiders III
    3) Octopath Traveler
    4) A Way Out
    5) Guacamelee 2
    6) Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
    7) Celeste

And many more and that's just for 2018

Here is a list of every game that dropped in 2018
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/12/18/eve...e-switch-2018/

2019 Also has a ton of games I'm looking forward to in the Indie,AA and AAA markets.

You not finding games you like is a you problem and you sound really jaded, But we are FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from a Gaming Downfall.

Its a you issue mate.

It's different when it comes to sprites, bad 3d graphics stick out a lot more
    you just want a 1080p Don Corneo thrusting his hips all over the show

you just want a 1080p Don Corneo thrusting his hips all over the show
    Why of course!

- - - Updated - - -

First Bolded) That's a you problem

Second bolded) Are you saying a game can't be good unless it wins rewards and sells 10's of millions of copies? If so you are proving my point about JRPG's but not in the way I was talking about.

Third Bolded) Once again a you issue.

Games that released in 2018 I loved.

1) Dragonball Fighterz
    2) Monster Hunter Worlds
    3) God of War
    4) Spiderman
    5) Detroit: Become Human
    6) Warhammer Vermintide 2
    7) Furi
    and many more.

Games in 2018 I look forward to getting around to playing or playing more of.
    1) Tetris Effect
    2) Darksiders III
    3) Octopath Traveler
    4) A Way Out
    5) Guacamelee 2
    6) Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
    7) Celeste

And many more and that's just for 2018

Here is a list of every game that dropped in 2018
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/12/18/eve...e-switch-2018/

2019 Also has a ton of games I'm looking forward to in the Indie,AA and AAA markets.

You not finding games you like is a you problem and you sound really jaded, But we are FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from a Gaming Downfall.

Its a you issue mate.
    I tried quite a few of those games you listed , didn't like a single one except octo. Sure it probably is a me problem, but I'm not the only one, a lot of people miss the way games used to be, not all instant gratitude or casual jumping in to games for 15 mins and being done. Even wow suffers from it, I want to spend hours in wow.... But there's nothing to do... Even raiding doesn't take long anymore.

I want to spend money and spend a lot of time in games, but very few fulfill that. Thank God the FFXIV expansion comes out this year, or there would be just about nothing I'm interested in.

I want to spend money and spend a lot of time in games, but very few fulfill that. Thank God the FFXIV expansion comes out this year, or there would be just about nothing I'm interested in.
    Lots of games can do this, you not finding one you like is a you problem like I said.

Has nothing to do with a gaming downfall, maybe your just jaded because you sound like you are.

Lots of games can do this, you not finding one you like is a you problem like I said.

Has nothing to do with a gaming downfall, maybe your just jaded because you sound like you are.
    It's not being "jaded" not being able to find a single game I can put lots of time in.

It's not like I'm not trying, just nothing looks interesting. I even tried that Apex Legends game, all it is make me feel bad for the gaming generation that that's what popular games have become.

Would love to just go back and play wow tbc through mop again, best time in gaming. Too bad we'll probably just get classic and they won't expand

It's not being "jaded" not being able to find a single game I can put lots of time in.

It's not like I'm not trying, just nothing looks interesting. I even tried that Apex Legends game, all it is make me feel bad for the gaming generation that that's what popular games have become.
    Ya I feel so bad for a future generation of people finding games they enjoy playing......

You realize that's the whole point of gaming right? Finding something you find fun and playing it. All your posts scream of someone ether jaded or burned out from gaming.

The only gaming downfall is maybe you falling out of gaming, but as for gaming itself its doing just fine.

Hell i'm buying Rage 2 tomorrow night and I'm going to have a blast in it.

Would love to just go back and play wow tbc through mop again, best time in gaming. Too bad we'll probably just get classic and they won't expand
    From software, Naughty Dog, Rock Star, studio monica are still making pretty amazing games.

12 year old me would have gone mad over god of war, bloodborne and red dead 2

From software, Naughty Dog, Rock Star are still making pretty amazing games.
    Dark souls is pretty good but never really been a fan of rock star, they were open world before open world was the big thing and I'm not really one for open world games (red dead, GTA, etc) I honestly don't remember any new naughty dog

Dark souls is pretty good but never really been a fan of rock star, they were open world before open world was the big thing and I'm not really one for open world games (red dead, GTA, etc) I honestly don't remember any new naughty dog
    Rock Star are guilty of heavy MTX in their online but they also offer a single player sandbox experience that is pretty unrivaled in terms of creativity and scope.

Naughty dog have had the last of us which is a story telling master piece with incredibly fun gameplay and they have the uncharted series which is an action adventurer series with smoother gameplay than any playstation game in the 90s.

And divinity original original sin 2 is another game in recent years that is amazing.

Ya I feel so bad for a future generation of people finding games they enjoy playing......

You realize that's the whole point of gaming right? Finding something you find fun and playing it. All your posts scream of someone ether jaded or burned out from gaming.

The only gaming downfall is maybe you falling out of gaming, but as for gaming itself its doing just fine.

Hell i'm buying Rage 2 tomorrow night and I'm going to have a blast in it.
    Once again, it's not being jaded or burnt out, they just don't make the kind of games I like often

Tab Target mmos with clear progression (old wow, FFXIV)
    Turn based style JRPGs with long in depth story and an interesting gearing and magic system
    Survival horror with hard puzzles and more
    Base building rts, specially ones like empire earth
    Etc

It's a lot of instant in and out games now, brs, pvp based fps

I really wanted anthem to succeed cause I actually found it extremely fun but that's just a pipe dream now

- - - Updated - - -

Rock Star are guilty of heavy MTX in their online but they also offer a single player sandbox experience that is pretty unrivaled in terms of creativity and scope.

Naughty dog have had the last of us which is a story telling master piece with incredibly fun gameplay and they have the uncharted series which is an action adventurer series with smoother gameplay than any playstation game in the 90s.

And divinity original original sin 2 is another game in recent years that is amazing.
    See, sand box is a huge no go for me. But yeah, I did like last of us, but no idea when the second one is coming unfortunately. I did like divinity os2 just haven't actually purchased my own copy yet

Once again, it's not being jaded or burnt out, they just don't make the kind of games I like often

Tab Target mmos with clear progression (old wow, FFXIV)
    Turn based style JRPGs with long in depth story and an interesting gearing and magic system
    Survival horror with hard puzzles and more
    Base building rts, specially ones like empire earth
    Etc

It's a lot of instant in and out games now, brs, pvp based fps

I really wanted anthem to succeed cause I actually found it extremely fun but that's just a pipe dream now

- - - Updated - - -

See, sand box is a huge no go for me. But yeah, I did like last of us, but no idea when the second one is coming unfortunately. I did like divinity os2 just haven't actually purchased my own copy yet
    And none of that screams "Gaming Downfall" like you claimed, You just didn't find a game you liked.

As I said a you problem.

And none of that screams "Gaming Downfall" like you claimed, You just didn't find a game you liked.

As I said a you problem.
    I highly doubt I'm the only one pissed that this is the direction that gaming is going, it's all the late millienials and gen zers causing it. Don't know a single person my age (early millennial, mid 1980s) that actually enjoys most of the garbage publishers push out nowadays