Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ...
23
63
71
72
73
74
75
83
... LastLast
  1. #1441
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you want to make a case for turn based still having an audience DQXI is a terrible example.

    DQXI sold the vast majority of it's copies in japan, on the 3DS. The PS4 version and especially western sales of the game where a complete bomb, and it's why they're trying to recoup that in the switch version.

    So yea, congrats DQXI proved Japanese 3DS owners still loved traditional DQ.

    If you want to point toward turn based still having a WW audience better examples are Octopath(1+Mil in the west) and Persona 5(1.5+ mil in west). Even then, those numbers are nothing compared to Square's expectations on main line FF games.

    Anyways this discussion is ridiculous because 1) the combat is action based and not shit you're gonna do about it 2) game will sell well regardless and 3) all there is now is to hope the combat is actually good which matters more then the type of combat being used.
    Persona 5 is a better example of turn based JRPG selling well, really.

    I'm curious to see the full break down on combat. Most have been noticing the streamlined UI we see in most screenshots, but if you hit pause at the right moment in the new trailer, there is a look at the sub-menu under "Commands"

    Cloud is the character in play, L1 and R1 swap to Barrett and Tifa.
    There's also L2 is a shortcut menu
    Circle was for Potion, I believe
    Triangle was for Braver (so limit breaks are in under the Commands menu)
    I imagine Magic was one of the blank slots as materia isn't obtained yet from the scene they were showing.

    Under the HP bar, there are two blue bars. With the command menu open, Cloud had 1 of 2 filled and Tifa/Barrett each had 2 filled. I'm wondering if those bars fill up similar to the classic ATB bar, allowing you to access the command menu rather than having it always available. Nothing to suggest that's the case, but it was a thought I had looking at it.

    I'm curious about "Attack" and "Punisher" being on the main command. I'm wondering if it's fast attacks vs stronger/slower attacks and you'll want to use one to create openers for the other. They've already mentioned you'll want to swap party members based on necessity, such as Barrett having ranged attacks and Cloud can't.

    If they can build up an action combat system that actually implements strategy in when to use magic/summon/limit breaks (as well as how that builds up to be available) as well as swapping characters for the right attacks at the right time, I'll embrace this version of action combat.

    The problem I've had with so many action RPGs is they often boil down to being able to just button mash and hack n' slash through everything. XV had this problem in a lot of places (didn't help that you were locked to Noctis and I felt the magic/summon systems were horrible).

    If it's Command > Magic > Target and it hits that target rather than damaging everything including your party all the time since they run into them, that alone is an improvement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But lets get back on the topic of the game. Can't wait for it, nostalgia has taken hold. Going to have to go rewatch Advent Children again.
    Please give On The Way To A Smile a listen first, if you haven't before. There is SO MUCH character development in that novella that leads up to Advent Children and SO MANY people have no clue it exists.

    Some are just little things, like finding out Tifa is the one who went to visit Elmyra Gainsborough and tell her about Aerith and how Tifa DOES feel guilt about the sector plate collapse and the people hurt or killed by it. Though SHINRA did that, she knows their actions spurred the response and she feels responsible.

    Barrett is a father who loves Marle more than anything, but why would he up and leave her behind with Tifa? Same thing. He has blood on his hands and he's struggling with how to transition to a peaceful life. Giving up that gun on his arm is a huge transition for him because it marks the shift from being a weapon to being a man and a father and having to do that while bearing the weight of what he's done.

    Red XIII's is a story about balance the beast with the intelligence and where he fits in the world.

    And then there's Denzel. The random kid you're supposed to feel something for and I just couldn't see anything in the movie to really form an attachment. OH MY DEAR LORD, this kid has been through so much hell and he's not even a teenager. From the plate collapse to Lifestream to REALLY seeing how people treat those with Geostigma (think medieval lepers) and how much suffering continues on this planet after the big bad villain is defeated.

    Then there's a lot more detail on Geostigma, the Lifestream, Aerith within said Lifestream, and Sephiroth's presence being better explored prior to the film.

    Seriously, the dang thing should have been included with every single copy of the film.


  2. #1442
    Thanks, I'll have to take a listen, i've honestly not heard of it before.

  3. #1443
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    13,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake..._hard/en4xy43/

    I like this if it's true.

    I don't mind the episodic thing, as long as each part is its own full game. The only thing that splits up is the story.
    This actually fills me with a certain amount of hope. Having the game split into two episodes, rather than three is a good call. Especially as the break will be the death of Aerith, which is quite a pivotal point in the game.

    I like the sound of the skills/limits. Although having Limits seemingly overwrite skills until used could get annoying, if you want to pool your limits for a boss fight, but are then locked out of using your skills as well..

    REALLY liking the sound of the upgraded materia system. The fact that characters will have an actual "class" now, and wont be blank slates is a great change. Although, it remains to be seen if that will lead to a certain amount of railroading, as you're forced to use a "balanced" party, instead of just bringing along who you'd like...

    Liking the sound of the changed to Luffie and Vincent's intros. Was never really a fan of them being missable, just seemed like a silly thing to do...

    Overall, yeah... IF this is accurate, consider me hyped.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog Twenty Five is live! In which I list our Spotify playlists, and try to get you to listen to them!

    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/25-blog-25

  4. #1444
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You can bitch all you want. Just don't pretend that all of us are in agreement with you. "We" do not have a problem, "you" do.
    You just used the argument that he did to argue not to do what he's doing.

    Is your 'all' different than his 'all' because it's yours?

    On topic, as long as every character isn't feminized and they re-do the awful voice acting that they've previewed, it'll probably be pretty good.
    Last edited by stross01; 2019-05-14 at 07:07 PM.

  5. #1445
    Scarab Lord Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't disagree at all. I feel there was a lot of area's the game could have been improved in.

    It was a very average JRPG, That's not a bad or good thing. If you like turn based JRPG's you likely enjoyed the game, But Square Enix being Square dropped the ball at every chance they had and killed the game.

    The fact it took over a year to even hit the west was dumb as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Read what I said.

    Its dead when it comes to MASS MARKET, Its a niche style of game and if budget correctly it will do well enough. But when it comes to MASS MARKET its dead.


    Hmm about JRPG I do remember YS sold over 4m as for 2017 but if we are talking about pure turn based JRPG the Legend of Heroes series really did pretty well sold over 3m copies but then again my source is just wikipedia so it is not 100% reliable.

  6. #1446
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hmm about JRPG I do remember YS sold over 4m as for 2017 but if we are talking about pure turn based JRPG the Legend of Heroes series really did pretty well sold over 3m copies but then again my source is just wikipedia so it is not 100% reliable.
    You're talking about entire franchises. 17 YS games 4.8 million copies. That's an average of 282k copies a game. 14 LoH games 3 million copies. An average of 214k copies sold per game. If you're arguing that isn't niche I don't know what you consider niche but lmao. Both are good series that are profitable within their budget but a AAA FF game selling like one of those games would completely fucking tank Square's yearly earnings and mess the company up worse then when the original XIV bombed.

  7. #1447
    Immortal matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    7,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    That would be called a remaster, not a remake.

    ... and if it's that big of a deal, we can just replay the original, I sure as hell have multiple times by now.

    As for the HD textures, they already exist in the form of community mods:

    How can I play FF7 with the graphics on the right? I'd rather just do that then wait to be disappointed by this episode bull shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

  8. #1448
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How can I play FF7 with the graphics on the right? I'd rather just do that then wait to be disappointed by this episode bull shit.
    Never done it myself, but I guess you should look into something like this:


  9. #1449
    Scarab Lord Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're talking about entire franchises. 17 YS games 4.8 million copies. That's an average of 282k copies a game. 14 LoH games 3 million copies. An average of 214k copies sold per game. If you're arguing that isn't niche I don't know what you consider niche but lmao. Both are good series that are profitable within their budget but a AAA FF game selling like one of those games would completely fucking tank Square's yearly earnings and mess the company up worse then when the original XIV bombed.
    First of all I didn't know that count as about the entire series since I just saw the single name which was YS VIII so yeah I would appreciate it if you stop the lmao stuff. As I said my source wasn't reliable and I made myself clear and I didn't know that was a count of the entire series overall instead of just one game.


    If I remember correctly DQ7 in ps1 surpassed FF7 in Japan but then again my memory is not the best so I can't remember very well.

  10. #1450
    Immortal matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    7,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Never done it myself, but I guess you should look into something like this:
    Thanks! I'm bored enough with current video games atm that I actually might do this
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

  11. #1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    First of all I didn't know that count as about the entire series since I just saw the single name which was YS VIII so yeah I would appreciate it if you stop the lmao stuff. As I said my source wasn't reliable and I made myself clear and I didn't know that was a count of the entire series overall instead of just one game.


    If I remember correctly DQ7 in ps1 surpassed FF7 in Japan but then again my memory is not the best so I can't remember very well.
    You thought YSVIII sold 4.8 mil by itself? Yea sorry but that is "lmao" worthy. That's more then Persona 5, Bloodborne, DQXI, Nier Automata etc...

    If you want actual data YS VII sold 500k+ https://mynintendonews.com/2018/10/2...000-worldwide/ and that was with it being released on 4 platforms, the most any YS game ever has.

    And again, 500k is a great success for Falcom and YS. It would be a terrible bomb for Square and FF. Perspective is needed if we're trying to compare niche ass sales to that of an AAA FF game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-05-14 at 08:41 PM.

  12. #1452
    Scarab Lord Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You thought YSVIII sold 4.8 mil by itself? Yea sorry but that is "lmao" worthy. That's more then Persona 5, Bloodborne, DQXI, Nier Automata etc...

    If you want actual data YS VII sold 500k+ https://mynintendonews.com/2018/10/2...000-worldwide/ and that was with it being released on 4 platforms, the most any YS game ever has.

    And again, 500k is a great success for Falcom and YS. It would be a terrible bomb for Square and FF. Perspective is needed if we're trying to compare niche ass sales to that of an AAA FF game.

    Worth a lmao? I guess discussing things with like a civil person is really not your cup of tea is it?

    I think I made myself that I did a mistake right? thanks for reading there is no need to "lmao omg your funny" really. Also I don't count as selling more = quality not for me anyway. So many games got bad reviews and trash scores or sold really low but guess what? I liked them because I judge games with my own eyes and experience not from videos or media or whatever reviews like IGN etc etc.


    If you have anything useful to add sure if you are just going with "lmao" and being a dick? then I suggest you shut up and move on.

  13. #1453
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Worth a lmao? I guess discussing things with like a civil person is really not your cup of tea is it?

    I think I made myself that I did a mistake right? thanks for reading there is no need to "lmao omg your funny" really. Also I don't count as selling more = quality not for me anyway. So many games got bad reviews and trash scores or sold really low but guess what? I liked them because I judge games with my own eyes and experience not from videos or media or whatever reviews like IGN etc etc.


    If you have anything useful to add sure if you are just going with "lmao" and being a dick? then I suggest you shut up and move on.
    Yes, when someone thinks a game as niche as YSVIII sold more then double the copies of something like Bloodborne that is "lmao" worthy. Talking about Falcom game sales in general in a FF thread of all things is "lmao" worthy.

    Who knew YS was a game that could sell nearly 5 million copies per game, which would instantly make it the 3rd largest JRPG franchise after Pokemon and FF LMAO.

    Don't hide behind a banner of "civil" when you stated something ridiculous. Yes, it's going to be laughed at. Nobody insulted you, I laughed at you. Big difference. Stop being offended because you made a mistake that is so off it's hilarious.

  14. #1454
    Scarab Lord Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes, when someone thinks a game as niche as YSVIII sold more then double the copies of something like Bloodborne that is "lmao" worthy. Talking about Falcom game sales in general in a FF thread of all things is "lmao" worthy.

    Who knew YS was a game that could sell nearly 5 million copies per game, which would instantly make it the 3rd largest JRPG franchise after Pokemon and FF LMAO.

    Don't hide behind a banner of "civil" when you stated something ridiculous. Yes, it's going to be laughed at. Nobody insulted you, I laughed at you. Big difference. Stop being offended because you made a mistake that is so off it's hilarious.
    There is no such thing as ridiculous when someone does a mistake. An honest mistake is a mistake but I guess such thing is not in your dictionary? let me guess you are perfectionist and when one mistake happens? you can't function because it is not based on your own usual attitude of "I know it all so my opinion is fact and you suck".

    It is getting old grow up really and no I am not hiding behind anything here this is who I am I bet you say that because it is you who hide behind monitor think you are some kind of demi god mighty knowing it all I bet if I face you in real life you can't say half of the things you write here eh?


    And I didn't think of Ys being better I just check the wiki about recent JRPG who sold the most copies that is all.

    There is a thing called manners but I guess from what we know about you here so far based on your old posts and arrogant attitude such thing doesn't exist eh? and when someone does one mistake you go with "LMAO LOL YOU SUCK BRO" this kind of attitude is childish and arrogant really grow up. I bet you I guarantee you if I face you in real life you can't say half of the things you do here in the forum.


    So again grow up.

    The big difference is I don't laugh at someone if he slipped in the street by accident or did an honest mistake for something he didn't know I either move on and pretend I didn't see anything or help him see the difference? yes that is the difference between you and me.

  15. #1455
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    There is no such thing as ridiculous when someone does a mistake. An honest mistake is a mistake but I guess such thing is not in your dictionary? let me guess you are perfectionist and when one mistake happens? you can't function because it is not based on your own usual attitude of "I know it all so my opinion is fact and you suck".

    It is getting old grow up really and no I am not hiding behind anything here this is who I am I bet you say that because it is you who hide behind monitor think you are some kind of demi god mighty knowing it all I bet if I face you in real life you can't say half of the things you write here eh?


    And I didn't think of Ys being better I just check the wiki about recent JRPG who sold the most copies that is all.

    There is a thing called manners but I guess from what we know about you here so far based on your old posts and arrogant attitude such thing doesn't exist eh? and when someone does one mistake you go with "LMAO LOL YOU SUCK BRO" this kind of attitude is childish and arrogant really grow up. I bet you I guarantee you if I face you in real life you can't say half of the things you do here in the forum.


    So again grow up.

    The big difference is I don't laugh at someone if he slipped in the street by accident or did an honest mistake for something he didn't know I either move on and pretend I didn't see anything or help him see the difference? yes that is the difference between you and me.
    You might as well cut your losses. He won’t stop and always gets away with his belittling posts. Continuing to defend yourself is just going to further derail the thread with pages upon pages of quasi troll comments from him. Seen it happen it happen time and again on this forum.
    Last edited by Farath; 2019-05-14 at 11:42 PM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

  16. #1456
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    There is no such thing as ridiculous when someone does a mistake.
    Thinking the total series sales of YS(4.8+ million) was just a single game in YS VIII(500k+) is in fact ridiculous.

    Meanwhile the person trying to take the holier then thou stance because they're offended someone said "lmao" to them is actually belittling the other person with terms like "grow up". How ironic.

    A normal person would have laughed at their own mistake when it's that large of an error, but instead you chose to be offended that it's funny. Congrats.

    Guys did you know Final Fantasy XV sold more then 142 million copies using Velshin style stats? Amazin' and worthy of a "lmao".
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-05-14 at 11:47 PM.

  17. #1457
    Scarab Lord Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Thinking the total series sales of YS(4.8+ million) was just a single game in YS VIII(500k+) is in fact ridiculous.

    Meanwhile the person trying to take the holier then thou stance because they're offended someone said "lmao" to them is actually belittling the other person with terms like "grow up". How ironic.

    A normal person would have laughed at their own mistake when it's that large of an error, but instead you chose to be offended that it's funny. Congrats.
    I am not taking any holier thou stance this is who I am but again when it comes to manners I guess you can't function because maybe they didn't teach you how to be respectful when you were young right? oops sorry you are still young I guess so you have much to learn.

    How conveniently you ignored my example eh? as I said I never laugh at a person when he does an honest mistake that wasn't on purpose I either pretend that it didn't happen and move on with my life or I try to help him out if he is willing to accept my help or advice or whatever. I don't belittle anyone just because they are wrong or they have something different in their mind or different vision I don't go laugh at them just because it was an obvious mistake.

    Yes I am telling you to grow up because what you are doing is arrogance and childish you can make any excuse with all the crap you say "but but you did a big mistake so I had to laugh but but" again grow up.

    I guess people like you can be the worst teachers ever. Learn some manners and etiquette manners really...oh sorry you don't have one! all right!

  18. #1458
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,189
    While limiting the game to two installments instead of three is a good thing, not sure if I can handle waiting ten years for the second episode to come out.

  19. #1459
    Scarab Lord Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    4,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    You might as well cut your losses. He won’t stop and always gets away with his belittling posts. Continuing to defend yourself is just going to further derail the thread with pages upon pages of quasi troll comments from him. Seen it happen it happen time and again on this forum.
    Nope not with me my friend. I know his type he is one of those guys when you are being civil and respectful with they goes with their arrogance attitude oh all mighty knowing it all and will do anything to undermin and discredit you with any tools they see fit. This is what happen when you try to be respectful and civil with these type of people. What is the solution for these kind of people? squash them like insects children they really are.

  20. #1460
    Immortal matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    7,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Nope not with me my friend. I know his type he is one of those guys when you are being civil and respectful with they goes with their arrogance attitude oh all mighty knowing it all and will do anything to undermin and discredit you with any tools they see fit. This is what happen when you try to be respectful and civil with these type of people. What is the solution for these kind of people? squash them like insects children they really are.
    A weird prospect to crush somebody like child insect in a civil manner?

    You are triggering yourself at this point. Ignore the idiot and move on, don't become him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •