Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I guess everything remains to be seen then because nothing that you said sounds bad but there's also nothing confirming it. Only the wishful thinking of a fan and the ease to pre-order the game based on that wishful thinking.

The only point of consoles nowadays is selling exclusive games with a hefty +400$ bill attached in the shape of a bad computer. Wanna play ff7 remake? Buy ps4. It's ludicrous because a console is just a bad pc with a controller attached. Attach the controller to your pc and you have the better console.

I just won't be wasting any money knowing how those systems operate but I also don't fault people for doing so. All the more power to them.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-06-14 at 02:27 PM.

Yeah but the real question is, you gonna choose Aeris or Tifa early on in your party/decisions which changes the out come on who you hit up for a date in gold saucer?

[Banned for inflammatory drive-by posting]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodpaul View Post
    Yeah but the real question is, you gonna choose Aeris or Tifa early on in your party/decisions which changes the out come on who you hit up for a date in gold saucer?
    Assuming you even get that choice and they don't just force you to go with Aeris...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Yeah, it was the first game to really get me emotionally involved. I even cried when Aerith died.
    I was like,. NOOO my healer!!!
    Who wants to join the Bundle Traders Discord server?

I got lost at the end of disc one and stopped so i dont really have any emotional investment in it

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I guess everything remains to be seen then because nothing that you said sounds bad but there's also nothing confirming it. Only the wishful thinking of a fan and the ease to pre-order the game based on that wishful thinking.

The only point of consoles nowadays is selling exclusive games with a hefty +400$ bill attached in the shape of a bad computer. Wanna play ff7 remake? Buy ps4. It's ludicrous because a console is just a bad pc with a controller attached. Attach the controller to your pc and you have the better console.

I just won't be wasting any money knowing how those systems operate but I also don't fault people for doing so. All the more power to them.
    I mean FF7 was known for the game that sold the Playstation. I can't say when, but eventually consoles will run their course. They are just a cheaper option for not having to build your own PC. I won't disagree at all that I wish the remake would release on PC as well and I would play it on there easy.

The worst part about it is if they don't release it on PC, you may have to buy multiple consoles to complete the series. The next part may very well be a PS5 exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Seeing how fast ATB was filling in the demo... I can't see them doing that, tbh... You'd be getting a full ATB bar after one combo!
    I thought that but then realise how strong 4*cut was in the original game it basically allowed you to 1 shot 99% of enemies in the game, there were very few enemies over 40k hp, so unless they're planning to make the remake much harder than the original then 4*cut needs to be broken OP to keep in line.
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    I thought that but then realise how strong 4*cut was in the original game it basically allowed you to 1 shot 99% of enemies in the game, there were very few enemies over 40k hp, so unless they're planning to make the remake much harder than the original then 4*cut needs to be broken OP to keep in line.
    It’s also possible the speed with which ATB fills is a bit faster early on since you’re so weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so unless they're planning to make the remake much harder than the original then 4*cut needs to be broken OP to keep in line.
    I doubt they'll make it THAT much harder, but I can see things like 4xCut and Knights of the Round being brought into line. Don't be expecting to oneshot normal mobs, unless you're hilariously overleveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s also possible the speed with which ATB fills is a bit faster early on since you’re so weak.
    That doesn't make much sense... If you'd said "Maybe the bar was filling faster, because this was an E3 display version, and they wanted to show off the combat" that might have made sense. But the bar filling faster when you're low level, and slowing down as yu get higher... That seems counterproductive.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Twenty Five is live! In which I list our Spotify playlists, and try to get you to listen to them!

https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/25-blog-25

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I doubt they'll make it THAT much harder, but I can see things like 4xCut and Knights of the Round being brought into line. Don't be expecting to oneshot normal mobs, unless you're hilariously overleveled.

That doesn't make much sense... If you'd said "Maybe the bar was filling faster, because this was an E3 display version, and they wanted to show off the combat" that might have made sense. But the bar filling faster when you're low level, and slowing down as yu get higher... That seems counterproductive.
    Depends on how everything scales. The longer between ATB actions the harder the fight will be. More difficult enemies could have ar/resist stats that slow atb production making the fights more difficult as you have to dodge more attacks before you can do anything significant. Or the 1ATB abilities suck so you have to fill 3-4 before you can do anything worthwhile.

Sorry for the basic logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

They're not remaking the story as it was. Sephiroth was not supposed to make an appearance in Midgar. This concerns me, as it may change the impact of certain scenarios. I really hope they're just throwing in minor fillers to fluff things and not changing the way the story is told.

Not excited for this.

When it was announced, I wanted a purely graphical/sound update. Combat/story/etc. all unchanged.

Oh well. This isn't even in my top 3 favorite FF games anyway.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    They're not remaking the story as it was. Sephiroth was not supposed to make an appearance in Midgar. This concerns me, as it may change the impact of certain scenarios. I really hope they're just throwing in minor fillers to fluff things and not changing the way the story is told.
    He's not really there, though. It's just Cloud being Cloud. And though Sephiroth wasn't there in person, Cloud DID have flashbacks in Midgar in the original. I have no problem with them playing on that and adding some extra ones. The game is apparently long enough for that.

I don't personally have that much of a problem with the episodic thing per se. It's just a question of how they implement it - particularly in terms of how much each part matters for the next. There certainly doesn't seem to be a problem with length so far - if the first part is really just Midgar and still covers 2 Blurays, that's plenty of content, I would expect. We can speculate on how they split the rest, and what the release schedule will look like; but who knows at this point. Are they just going to release FF7R games for the next half decade? Seems odd.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/06/final...character-art/
    Found tifa, in case anyone was wondering.

A few of the others as well, just scroll down.
    Who wants to join the Bundle Traders Discord server?

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    The worst part about it is if they don't release it on PC, you may have to buy multiple consoles to complete the series. The next part may very well be a PS5 exclusive.
    Or just wait and buy a PS5? They're going to be completely backwards compatible with PS4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    https://twinfinite.net/2019/06/final...character-art/
    Found tifa, in case anyone was wondering.

A few of the others as well, just scroll down.
    Dammit, they actually managed to make Barret cute.
    I like Tifa. Sure she doesn't look like she can crush watermelons with her knockers anymore but that was never realistic for a fighter I am still looking forward to the Scarlet slap fight.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2019-06-15 at 08:02 AM.

The more im seeing the more I think this midgar game is just gonna be Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aeris. And of course avalanche/shinra side characters

If I was a squeenix chairman I would roll out with the battle plan

"Look lads FF15 sold well but it was shit and western markets are starting to get bored with the gimmick"

"Lets ditch outsourcing FF7 to some random nobody and goes balls to the walls on it"

"Ok but thats gonna be expensive if we want to do it right"

"Right, lets spend a butt load on making the character models look mint, lets make midgar rocking, lets get people excited by bringing back the old crew and people who can actually make interesting combat"

"And once we get em hooked we can shell out the model assets we already created and milk 3-4 more games out of it with little investment"

*Every board member nods in agreement*

"there ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on!"
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-06-15 at 08:25 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "And once we get em hooked we can shell out the model assets we already created and milk 3-4 more games out of it with little investment"
    I highly doubt they will just keep reusing assets. Yeah, the main character models might get reused, but the world outside Midgar is going to require a ton of new assets. I don't think they are going to be lazy with these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Not excited for this.

When it was announced, I wanted a purely graphical/sound update. Combat/story/etc. all unchanged.

Oh well. This isn't even in my top 3 favorite FF games anyway.
    That's usually refereed to as a remaster, and it already sort of exists.

I mean, these games were already ported to run on the latest OS's, if people just want to play pretty much as it was, why not just play those?