Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The time for Don Corneo has been and gone imo, bet they wont have the balls to do fun characters like that and have that Japan charm. It's always forced western garbage now. They havent done a good FF solo player game in over a decade
    They haven't produced a great FF game outside of MMOs in nearly 20 years. Most of them are still good games with flaws though. Not a huge fan of X, XIII, XII or XV but they are all good games with flaws. I'm not sure why we always try to pretend that some of those are bad games, because the metrics prove that objectively false.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    But yea when Square ships this game in the next 7 months a lot of people will be eating some crow
    No way is 7 months enough to build hype for a game like that.

Personally, I fully expect them to delay it to line up with the PS5 release. You could not ask for a better sales driver than one of THE most iconic games in RPG history. They'd sell truckloads of PS5s purely on the back of that one title.

They haven't produced a great FF game outside of MMOs in nearly 20 years. Most of them are still good games with flaws though. Not a huge fan of X, XIII, XII or XV but they are all good games with flaws. I'm not sure why we always try to pretend that some of those are bad games, because the metrics prove that objectively false.
    XV gets a tone of "rating" because of its graphics and high quality game production.

The story and gameplay are a soulless mess however

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    No way is 7 months enough to build hype for a game like that.

Personally, I fully expect them to delay it to line up with the PS5 release. You could not ask for a better sales driver than one of THE most iconic games in RPG history. They'd sell truckloads of PS5s purely on the back of that one title.
    1) It's not Square's job to sell PS5s. It's their job to sell games, and the PS4 install base is how you sell a lot of games.

2) "7 months is not enough to hype a game" They could literally throw out a trailer 1 month before release say nothing otherwise and it would be enough. 7 months is an eternity lmfao.

1) It's not Square's job to sell PS5s. It's their job to sell games, and the PS4 install base is how you sell a lot of games.
    If you don't think the major publishers are in close contact with the console people, you're deluding yourself. Sony would be stupid not to have contracts that made sure they push their new consoles via games - that's WHY they tend to sell them at a loss at first, because they're recuperating elsewhere. It's the entire mechanic behind total or timed console exclusivity.

2) "7 months is not enough to hype a game" They could literally throw out a trailer 1 month before release say nothing otherwise and it would be enough. 7 months is an eternity lmfao.
    It's not about reaching the people who are already hyped, and would buy it no matter what. It's about reaching everyone else, who hasn't heard about it, isn't hyped yet, or is on the fence about a purchase. And it takes time for penetration like that. But I guess you're right, 7 months is a considerable time; still, to not have heard ANYTHING new at this point makes it very unlikely.

I just want to point out. It's Nomura's fault the game isn't out yet. He's too busy putting more damn belts on all the characters, playable and npc alike.

If you don't think the major publishers are in close contact with the console people, you're deluding yourself. Sony would be stupid not to have contracts that made sure they push their new consoles via games - that's WHY they tend to sell them at a loss at first, because they're recuperating elsewhere. It's the entire mechanic behind total or timed console exclusivity.
    Not only are you so far removed from reality that you think Square Enix is going to delay a game to sell consoles of which is not their job, you're actually delusional enough to think Sony would pay for such a thing. Name 1 3rd party game Sony paid for to be on PS4 only at it's launch, oh wait none exist.

Not only this but Sony themselves literally released TLOU, God of War Ascension, Gran Turismo 6, Puppeteer, Sly 4 all in the FINAL year of the PS3s life. All of these games either didn't get a PS4 port at all, or got one way later and not at launch. Not only are you wrong about FFVIIR, Sony themselves will literally release TLOU2, DS and GoT all as PS4 games before the PS5 releases. Your fan theory doesn't add up with reality.

Sony will launch the PS5 with full BC and Horizon 2, if you think they're literally going to lose money by actively paying for games to not release on the PS4 not only do you not understand how Sony works you literally have 0 business sense.

It's not about reaching the people who are already hyped, and would buy it no matter what. It's about reaching everyone else, who hasn't heard about it, isn't hyped yet, or is on the fence about a purchase. And it takes time for penetration like that. But I guess you're right, 7 months is a considerable time; still, to not have heard ANYTHING new at this point makes it very unlikely.
    Square plans for a release that is bigger then KH3 by the end of the year.

FFVII concert for the first time ever, the weekend of e3 in the city e3 is in literally the day before the SE E3 presser. Do the math.

Square plans for a release that is bigger then KH3 by the end of the year.

FFVII concert for the first time ever, the weekend of e3 in the city e3 is in literally the day before the SE E3 presser. Do the math.
    Such "math" has been done before, in many a prediction. No one remembers the 100 misses. They all remember the 1 hit.

I'm happy to eat crow when proven wrong. I certainly have in the past. But no one congratulated me when I was right about things NOT happening, despite everyone's conviction about "sure-fire signs". That's how it goes.

5+ Year Old Account
    It would actually be very hard for FF7R to do poorly. Even if it's mediocre, by virtue of its name alone it is going to sell like crazy. I do think that Square Enix will censor a lot of things in the original game, though. Which is unfortunate since such things were a part of the original game's charm and the unhinged critics likely to throw a fit over such elements are not reflective of the target audience.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have rather have a ff16 starring agni anyway. Also retweets dont mean a lot since people retweet nintendo directs but dont have an announcement for them

Such "math" has been done before, in many a prediction. No one remembers the 100 misses. They all remember the 1 hit.

I'm happy to eat crow when proven wrong. I certainly have in the past. But no one congratulated me when I was right about things NOT happening, despite everyone's conviction about "sure-fire signs". That's how it goes.
    All I see in this post if you making factually wrong statements about how you would run gaming companies in "Sony Simulator 2019" if such game existed. So if that's your typical post history, no one congratulated you because you're probably always wrong lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I would have rather have a ff16 starring agni anyway. Also retweets dont mean a lot since people retweet nintendo directs but dont have an announcement for them
    I don't think it's a lock it will be shown tomorrow in the state of play but it's definitely a lock for e3. There is probably something Square related being shown tomorrow judging by the smoke but yea, don't think it's a lock to be VIIR by any means.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-05-08 at 10:43 PM.

I don't think it's a lock it will be shown tomorrow in the state of play but it's definitely a lock for e3. There is probably something Square related being shown tomorrow judging by the smoke but yea, don't think it's a lock to be VIIR by any means.
    Could be the Avengers game, but that feels way more like a E3 showing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Could be the Avengers game, but that feels way more like a E3 showing.
    They're still hiring for that game, I doubt it's anywhere close to being shown. It might very well be next gen only and a 2022ish release at this point. Development on it didn't probably kick in until Shadow of the Tomb Raider went gold because Crystal Dynamics started expanding and hiring for it at that time.

They're still hiring for that game, I doubt it's anywhere close to being shown. It might very well be next gen only and a 2022ish release at this point. Development on it didn't probably kick in until Shadow of the Tomb Raider went gold because Crystal Dynamics started expanding and hiring for it at that time.
    Didn't know that.

So besides FF7 I can't think of what Square would show, maybe Dragon Quest Builders 2...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I see in this post if you making factually wrong statements about how you would run gaming companies in "Sony Simulator 2019" if such game existed. So if that's your typical post history, no one congratulated you because you're probably always wrong lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie i hope they show crystal chronicles instead

Didn't know that.

So besides FF7 I can't think of what Square would show, maybe Dragon Quest Builders 2...
    On state of play of all things?

Could be something as dumb as "Chocobo Racing VR". Until proven otherwise it's hard to see a big announcement taking place there since the first one was literally a blog replacement. If Sony shows legitimate shit there they will be doing a complete 180 from the first one lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not gonna lie i hope they show crystal chronicles instead
    It could happen but square will probably just use Nintendo as their bitches to market that game, as they usually do if there is a switch version involved lol.

Didn't know that.

I hope you guys have phones xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I wouldn't mind if the game took 10 more years to make, as long as it matched or exceeded my expectations. We're only going to get one remake. I'd rather it be top tier quality than a rushed disappointment. I don't think I've been looking forward to anything quite like this. I want it to be everything and more.

On state of play of all things?

Could be something as dumb as "Chocobo Racing VR". Until proven otherwise it's hard to see a big announcement taking place there since the first one was literally a blog replacement. If Sony shows legitimate shit there they will be doing a complete 180 from the first one lol.
    I was just making a funny, I don't expect much honestly. Even more so since its only going to be 10min's long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    as long as it matched or exceeded my expectations. .
    And that will never happen because its very likely you (among many others) have built up a idea in your head that it can't live up to.

This line proves my point.
    I want it to be everything and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the game took 10 more years to make, as long as it matched or exceeded my expectations. We're only going to get one remake. I'd rather it be top tier quality than a rushed disappointment. I don't think I've been looking forward to anything quite like this. I want it to be everything and more.
    Your post makes me believe it could be a 92 MC game and it wouldn't match or exceed your expectations. They are not going to take a decade to make this game, they are not going to have 1000 devs working on it. They are not going to build the entire world map as a full open world continent etc... Peoples expectations really be crazy as shit. Expect the FFVII story... in modern HD graphics... with voice acting. Square isn't gonna spend $300 mil making this game like it's GTA or something rofl.

The only point of contention I will take serious is if they indeed mess with the battle system as expected. That is legitimate if it ends up sucking. I expect to see lots of complaints about "it's not as big as I expected!" and "they cut X from the game!" which is just insta wtf did you expect hombre?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-05-08 at 11:21 PM.