Page 1 of 175
... LastLast

[Megathread] FF7 Remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

I'm surprised there's no threads talking about this yet. Personally, i'm pretty stoked. If it's done well it could make a whole new generation of gamers who think FF7 is one of the best games ever.

I think as long as they stick to the original story and keep all the original content and don't try to change it up, it'll be a big success.

If they try to change shit, people are gonna be unhappy. I can already see them removing or heavily modifying things like crossdressing parts, the brothel, and a number of other things.

Edit: Oh, I bet it's all lumped into that E3 thread.

RIP

I don't feel like reading 200 pages of random BS to skim for relevant info
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 wasn't the best in the series but i'm glad there's a more "mature" looking ff coming out.

Meh FF8 was a better game, should remake that
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    7 wasn't the best in the series but i'm glad there's a more "mature" looking ff coming out.
    4 and 6 were better games, but I agree that its nice to see them going in a more mature direction.

Of course they also announced their 'new' game that looks like it's made for 6 year olds.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wooooooooooo, woooooooooooooooooooot, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, hip hip hoooooooooooooooraaaaaaaaaaay, yeeeeeessssss, preciousssssssssssss
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Deleted
    Yeeeeees. Can we have a FF9 remake too?

The only way they can screw this up is if they tamper with the mechanics. This has to be graphical update only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a 9 remake. Or 9-2

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF8 would've liked better, but I can deal with FF7 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I dunno, if I had to rank them i'd say 7 > 6 > 8 > Everything else.

Course one of the reasons I loved 7 so much was the materia system. The ways you could link materia together to do things was incredible and something i've never seen before in ANY game. I mean it was so creative and interesting, if you wanted you could turn your whole party into dudes that absorbed fire damage, dealt fire damage, and could heal each other and themselves with their basic attacks as a result. That kind of stuff is pretty epic imo. Or you could link the same kind of materia to multiple things like comet-quadra magic, comet-MP drain, comet-hp drain, and counter magic-comet, etc. Have it cast comet shit tons of times every time you get hit and have it restore mountains of your health and give your back more MP than it cost.

Materia system best system

I'd love an 8 remake as well though.

So many great final fantasy games between 4 and 8.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I never in all my life actually expected them to do an honest to god remake. Ports, HD remasters, the same exact game with high-poly models... but a remake? Never thought I'd see the day. God damn.

I mean, if it were 9, I'd be hyperventilating so hard you'd probably have to call an ambulance, but a remake of 7 is just awesome, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I want a 9 remake. Or 9-2
    Yeah I'd love to have a 9 remake or at least a PC port.

maybe we can get a chrono trigger and xenogears remake hell maybe even a parasite eve, well everygame square made in its glory days

All I can say is SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

We'll see if it turns out to be good or bad, but this thing is a license to print money.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    maybe we can get a chrono trigger and xenogears remake hell maybe even a parasite eve, well everygame square made in its glory days
    I would kickstart a straight up Chrono Trigger remake. Give it an 'Adult' treatment and I'm there. I'd honestly buy a console for that thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy looks like they arnt messing around. NEED TO SEE COMBAT NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I dunno, if I had to rank them i'd say 7 > 6 > 8 > Everything else.
    8 > everything else
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a fan of the art style Square has been using since FF10 and thus never liked how Advent Children and Crisis Core looked. That being said the trailer did a damn good job of giving a realistic look to the world and characters.

The only major addition I would want to see would be the plot of Advent Children actually adapted into game form and added as an extra story/chapter when you finish the main game, similar to Final Fantasy 4 on the PSP and how it added The After Years and the bits between the two stories.

Decent game, but way overhyped thanks to it being the first JRPG for many. Will definitely get it though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I want a 13 remake but what ever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the FF games I've played, 7 is my least favorite, I never played more than 10 hours of it before I quit. It just didn't grab me.