Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    All I want is to see the Tifa vs Scarlet slap off in HD.
    I'm looking forward to a remake of one the coolest video game sequences for teenage me:

I can't wait to see this remade. Hopefully they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm looking forward to a remake of one the coolest video game sequences for teenage me:

(diamond weapon vs Midgard video)

I can't wait to see this remade. Hopefully they do.
    I imagine it will be the highlight of 2022.

"Yes, Final Fantasy 7 Remake is still episodic "

What exactly about this game isnt just a lame cash grab?

Its not turn based, we got Blade Barret and Blade runner Midgar. WeEoeoEO

So long as each episode is AT LEAST 30hrs (and they claimed they would be full length FF titles EACH, so 30hrs is the minimum I'd expect)....I'm fine with Episodic.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    So long as each episode is AT LEAST 30hrs (and they claimed they would be full length FF titles EACH, so 30hrs is the minimum I'd expect)....I'm fine with Episodic.
    Unless they plan on significantly alternating the story I just don't see how

I can't really believe them. There's not enough to do in FFVII to warrant MULTIPLE full-game-length episodes. Which makes me think it'll be 10ish-hour chunks of story with some optional side content or something like that. Which I'm sure they'll charge near full-game prices for.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post

My guess is they are going to extend each segment of the game, so I expect a lot of stuff that just...wasn't part of the original. If my theory is right, for example, Episode 1 will end with the Midgar Escape.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

My guess is they are going to extend each segment of the game, so I expect a lot of stuff that just...wasn't part of the original. If my theory is right, for example, Episode 1 will end with the Midgar Escape.
    I can only hope that they have a decent release schedule, hate to just have escape from Midgar for 3 years, it's my least favorite part of the game lol

I can only hope that they have a decent release schedule, hate to just have escape from Midgar for 3 years, it's my least favorite part of the game lol
    With how long they have been developing this...I'd expect one per year once the actually release the first episode.

Any longer would be unacceptable. At least to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are. I seem to recall them saying that one of the main reasons they wanted to go back and redo FFVII was because there was a lot they wanted to do, that they couldn't at the time, because of various limitations.

For instance, there was a whole sector of Midgard, that we were supposed to go to during the first disc, that they had to remove. Because they couldn't fit it all on one disc, and wanted to end the first disc on the escape from Midgard.

So, imagine that each "Episode" will be the content that was on one disc of the original game... But imagine they were all as long as the first disc was.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    They are. I seem to recall them saying that one of the main reasons they wanted to go back and redo FFVII was because there was a lot they wanted to do, that they couldn't at the time, because of various limitations.

For instance, there was a whole sector of Midgard, that we were supposed to go to during the first disc, that they had to remove. Because they couldn't fit it all on one disc, and wanted to end the first disc on the escape from Midgard.

So, imagine that each "Episode" will be the content that was on one disc of the original game... But imagine they were all as long as the first disc was.
    someones been watching too many marvel movies

The one game fans didn't screw up...

It's good then and now... period.

That said the remake definitley has issues, there's time though....

Specifically it's way flimsy it doesn't have the gravitas of the origianl FF7 and they screwed up Barret badly....

They need some shot for shot remake stuff in there like the intro cinematic should just be basically exactly the same same music and stuff just enhanced....

Lots of parts like that...

Plus they clearly lost the surrealistic kinda painit er painting/style background of the Ps1 game... every pre-rendered scene made ordinary moments feel spectacular
    and significant and they ran right over that...

there's limited development in getting that feel on modern games modern gens... but it's definitely a necessity....

Valkyria Chronicles water canvas thing is ok... but it's just not the same really....

Theres the standard shiny polished approach of like various first party PS4 games like Gravity Rush 2 etc... which is nice but....

It's sad to think there aren't really any live lush 3D feel of the prerendered PS1 games out there....

I hate to say it but only Nintendo with like Pikmin 3 but even then it's still kinda blubbery or something, not pristine...

So yeah... that's a big problem...

The gameplay is much more fine... the turn based system and ATB system has merits but plenty of these sorts of hybrid games work out fine...

Anyway it's bizzare to say but in some ways I would view FF7 as like a 2.5D game... it's still has strong roots in the 2D era before everything went more
    fully 3D... and now that we're here I feel like it's often just not done in an interesting way.

Also sometimes it's best to put something out like Nobuo was overrated or something but the thing is he never was overrated
    he always was and still is to an extent underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Also, world-scaling, it should take players much longer to travel around.
    Well that sounds fan-fucking-tastic!

Three cheers for deliberate padding!

Quote Originally Posted by Senphiroth1134 View Post
    The one game fans didn't screw up...

It's good then and now... period.

That said the remake definitley has issues, there's time though....

Specifically it's way flimsy it doesn't have the gravitas of the origianl FF7 and they screwed up Barret badly....

They need some shot for shot remake stuff in there like the intro cinematic should just be basically exactly the same same music and stuff just enhanced....

Lots of parts like that...

Plus they clearly lost the surrealistic kinda painit er painting/style background of the Ps1 game... every pre-rendered scene made ordinary moments feel spectacular
    and significant and they ran right over that...

there's limited development in getting that feel on modern games modern gens... but it's definitely a necessity....

Valkyria Chronicles water canvas thing is ok... but it's just not the same really....

Theres the standard shiny polished approach of like various first party PS4 games like Gravity Rush 2 etc... which is nice but....

It's sad to think there aren't really any live lush 3D feel of the prerendered PS1 games out there....

I hate to say it but only Nintendo with like Pikmin 3 but even then it's still kinda blubbery or something, not pristine...

So yeah... that's a big problem...

The gameplay is much more fine... the turn based system and ATB system has merits but plenty of these sorts of hybrid games work out fine...

Anyway it's bizzare to say but in some ways I would view FF7 as like a 2.5D game... it's still has strong roots in the 2D era before everything went more
    fully 3D... and now that we're here I feel like it's often just not done in an interesting way.

Also sometimes it's best to put something out like Nobuo was overrated or something but the thing is he never was overrated
    he always was and still is to an extent underrated.

Uhhhh what did I just read....
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    someones been watching too many marvel movies
    Haha, nope been reading too much War of the Realms! Typed "Midgard" so often, the past couple of months, that my autocorrect kicked in and I didn't notice!

That said, there's literally no way that Midgar isn't a reference, so I think I'm still pretty much right.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Uhhhh what did I just read....
    a bunch of rambling and someone who likes the enter key a liiiiittle too much.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instapass with that garbage 'action' combat they are obsessed with in every FF now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Instapass with that garbage 'action' combat they are obsessed with in every FF now.
    There has literally only been one main line FF with action combat.

I can't take people serious if they keep claiming XII and XIII are action.

Granted I haven't played any modern FF titles (think the last one I tried to work my way through was X and I disliked it to the point where I never finished it), but while I loved FF7 and I'm really pumped about the remake, I'm also concerned about the switch to what looks like more of an action RPG combat system. Granted, 7's original turn-based system (especially with the unskippable summons cinematics, which I'm sure they'd change at this point since gamers would revolt at having to sit through a couple thousand casts of Knights of the Round) might be a hard sell in this day and age, but if they don't get the combat right here it's really going to risk losing a lot of people. I'm sure I'll buy and play it regardless, but Square is playing with fire with this remake in a lot of different ways. I'm encouraged to hear that they got the band back together to work this through, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Granted, 7's original turn-based system (especially with the unskippable summons cinematics, which I'm sure they'd change at this point since gamers would revolt at having to sit through a couple thousand casts of Knights of the Round) might be a hard sell in this day and age, but if they don't get the combat right here it's really going to risk losing a lot of people. .
    Not really actually, DQXI and Octopath are doing pretty well and have similar battle systems, turn based (though FFVII's system was not turn based) is far from dead or undesired.