Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Try living in a small, very ass backwards, town. You'd get your ass kicked in my school for talking about gaming
    I bet........
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Confirmed that it's a you problem. Thanks for that.
    It's not just "me", the game design paradigm has shifted, and not for the better IMO.

Open world, BR, quick in and out games, casual play, etc. all flood the market now and there's very few games like DQXI or the OLD ff's that ask you to sit there for hours and actually put some work in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try living in a small, very ass backwards, town. You'd get your ass kicked in my school for talking about gaming
    Lived in rural nowhere Indiana. Played Magic the Gathering during lunch in highschool. Definitely did not get beat up for playing games or talking about games. Opening hosted LAN parties. Stop projecting your own issues growing up on an industry's fans.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not just "me", the game design paradigm has shifted, and not for the better IMO.
    Again, major opinion of yours, not of the industry. It shifted to what more people want, that is how for-profit businesses work. I don't like BRs, but i respect that people do, just like i loved Spider Man and God of War, while others did not, which is okay.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Again, major opinion of yours, not of the industry. It shifted to what more people want, that is how for-profit businesses work. I don't like BRs, but i respect that people do, just like i loved Spider Man and God of War, while others did not, which is okay.
    When they no longer make games I want to play, I have every right to bitch, will it change anything? No. But I'm not going to stop. Just like I'm not going to stop fighting to return wow to its former glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they no longer make games I want to play, I have every right to bitch, will it change anything? No. But I'm not going to stop. Just like I'm not going to stop fighting to return wow to its former glory.
    You can bitch all you want. Just don't pretend that all of us are in agreement with you. "We" do not have a problem, "you" do.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ... well, okay then.
    Because its not just me.... If you think a certain way you can guarantee there is a decent portion of the population that also think that way.

Like there's at least 4 million people out there who want a JRPG with a good story and turn based combat like there is in DQXI.

But lets get back on the topic of the game. Can't wait for it, nostalgia has taken hold. Going to have to go rewatch Advent Children again.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-05-13 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its not just me.... If you think a certain way you can guarantee there is a decent portion of the population that also think that way.

Like there's at least 4 million people out there who want a JRPG with a good story and turn based combat like there is in DQXI.
    That is fair as long as you don't assume that is the majority. For all its faults, the industry is typically following what the majority want, because they are following the money. Yes there are negative trends (loot boxes etc) but those only became prevalent because people supported it. The silent majority leads, the vocal minority follows kicking and screaming.

I'm quite surprised by the number of people upset that the remake won't be a turn-based combat system and rather action based RPG. Seriously, would you imagine FF7 in the remade settings looking good with a turn based combat system?

Why remake the game in the 1st place, then? It's not like the original will suddenly vanish from existence when the remake hits live.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    I'm quite surprised by the number of people upset that the remake won't be a turn-based combat system and rather action based RPG. Seriously, would you imagine FF7 in the remade settings looking good with a turn based combat system?

Why remake the game in the 1st place, then? It's not like the original will suddenly vanish from existence when the remake hits live.
    Because the graphics are bad even by psx standards and the original lacks thinks like dualshock support and all that.

A lot of people would have been happy with just a remaster with modern graphics and tying up some of the plot points.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post

I would've preferred turn based combat over, from what I can guess, more FF15 combat.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

If you want to make a case for turn based still having an audience DQXI is a terrible example.

DQXI sold the vast majority of it's copies in japan, on the 3DS. The PS4 version and especially western sales of the game where a complete bomb, and it's why they're trying to recoup that in the switch version.

So yea, congrats DQXI proved Japanese 3DS owners still loved traditional DQ.

If you want to point toward turn based still having a WW audience better examples are Octopath(1+Mil in the west) and Persona 5(1.5+ mil in west). Even then, those numbers are nothing compared to Square's expectations on main line FF games.

Anyways this discussion is ridiculous because 1) the combat is action based and not shit you're gonna do about it 2) game will sell well regardless and 3) all there is now is to hope the combat is actually good which matters more then the type of combat being used.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-05-13 at 08:15 PM.

https://kotaku.com/fans-are-concerne...fan-1834678296

TLDR... Barret is a stereotype of a black man.....

Good lord kotaku is just awful unless it's from Jason....

and which "fans" only people I've seen say anything negative about Barret is the fact that he's wearing sunglasses.

Especially if it's from Jason. This is the guy who swore up and down Nintendo of America lied to him by claiming there was a true final boss in Octopath because he was too stupid to find it on his own, then edits his article to a walkthrough of how to get it after someone showed him how(with no credit given mind you).

Jason is literally the "journalist is terrible at games" meme personified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Especially if it's from Jason. This is the guy who swore up and down Nintendo of America lied to him by claiming there was a true final boss in Octopath because he was too stupid to find it on his own, then edits his article on a walkthrough of how to get it after someone showed him how.

Jason is literally the "journalist is terrible at games" meme personified.
    Well then, all of kotaku is just trash, heard they're not doing very good though. Something about their parent company getting sold at a huge loss or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That's the funny thing.

The article complains that 'fans' are upset that Barrett DIDN'T change.

Most complaints about the trailer are, actually, that things DID change.

What people wanted was the game they love. What people got was a modernized version of the game they love. Will I play it? Probably. Will I like it as much as the original? If the combat isn't good, almost definitely not, and that's the risk they take by changing the combat.

FF7's turn based combat that you could rig in your favor was part of the appeal. That at the end of the grind, you had a completely overpowered build to look forward to. If the combat doesn't work the same way, the rewards won't feel the same - In which case, we're risking the feel of the entire game to modernize the combat, when all people wanted was the same game with better graphics.
    It'll be hilarious if they leave all the random crap in that was in the original. I'd support cross dressing cloud, slap wars, and all that 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post

It's like we all went back in time...

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barret_Wallace
    Yea... you can tell they never actually played it... I honestly still want to know where these fans are that they talk about...

https://kotaku.com/fans-are-concerne...fan-1834678296

TLDR... Barret is a stereotype of a black man.....

and which "fans" only people I've seen say anything negative about Barret is the fact that he's wearing sunglasses.
    Their site has been in decline for years. Aside from Schreier's informative write-ups every now and then, they've turned to clickbait articles to try to bring the clicks in, making issues out of non-issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I only hope that it does.

Now that it looks like combat changed, I can't say I expect everything else to be there. But I found those to be fun parts of the story, that helped detract, yet added to the current drama.

Imagine, instead of just two polygonal characters occasionally slapping, that two 3d models were actually grappling and holding on to one another, as other characters are continuing their fight in the background of this exact scene.

And I've already seen an image where someone photoshopped part of the trailer into crossdressing cloud - And I'm not gonna lie to you, it looked pretty good.

You may not like it, but this is what peak masculinity looks like.
    Nah this is the true view of cross dressing cloud

(All jokes aside I actually liked FF13 series.)

Fun fact the US government financed the development i of Final Fantasy back in the day... it was never a Japanese series...

When it was opposed by just about anyone they came down as hard literally straight out of WW2 tactics.... you were treated as if you were the Wehrmacht...

People think there's this crazy faction that just wants WoW to succeed but it wasn't as intense as FF it was like the original we need something to clean up all
    the extra people here command and conquer and then abandon...

Pretty depressing now.... but that's why these remakes and things are so controversial all of so manyt hings over the last 30 years were created with profoundly
    malicious intent and malicious purpose but the fanbase that has risen around them all is in some ways quv equally fanatical about keeping it all anyway.

Like imagine WW2 itself.. people then wanted all the guns the rockets the everything even perhaps during the war itself...

Same now with video games/media etc and everything honestly.

Like in all seriousness we have to be sure this franchise isn't still being used to that original affect... and you can be the most diehard but I want the things anyway I'm ok
    admitting I have conventionally some would call amoral impulses but all that want ain't going to change anything on that front.

If they actually played the game they would realise they portray both the good side and bad side with his attitude. He's a tough guy, yeah, but mostly in a good way.

Kotaku being kotaku i guess and judge solely on the outside... Which is ironic.