10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I honestly could not bring myself to watch all the footage and stuff for this game. The original game, and more importantly Aeris's death, traumatized me so freaking much that to this day it still hurts to watch. I still tear up hearing Aeris's theme. I'm almost 40 years old and a freaking game has damaged me this much. I've played literally thousands of hours of other games since then, and none of them even hold a candle to it. Just seeing her in the initial trailer made my heart hurt. I have bloody PTSD from a goddamn video game.
    Dude, I 100% know how you feel. I just got done watching Advent Children and I cry like a baby when you see Aerith walk away at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Having the broken materia like deathblow, 2*cut 4*cut, enemy skills, mime, morph, slash all, steal & all the W's are too good to remove, and too good to just get by levelling we'll have to see how they handle those.
    Well, things like 2xCut and 4xCut are a LITTLE unnecessary, with the new attack style. So they're gone.

Deathblow I can see being an ability for either Yuffie or Vincent. But like, a LATE game one.

Steal is 100% Yuffie skill.

Mime/Morph and all those more niche ones... They may stick around, but as spells now instead of abilities.

W Spell I can see being a high level ability for Red XIII and maybe Cait Sith, depending on what they do with him.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well, things like 2xCut and 4xCut are a LITTLE unnecessary, with the new attack style. So they're gone.
    no 4*cut or slash all? pfft game sounds awful already, loved those OP abilities lol.

edit: and deathblow would be a Tifa or Vincent thing as they both have access to the best hit chance weapons in the original game allowing deathblow to basically never miss.

Morph is a Yuffie thing as well.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2019-06-13 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no 4*cut or slash all? pfft game sounds awful already, loved those OP abilities lol.

edit: and deathblow would be a Tifa or Vincent thing as they both have access to the best hit chance weapons in the original game allowing deathblow to basically never miss.

Morph is a Yuffie thing as well.
    It's not that it wouldn't be there... it just wouldn't be NECESSARY. With melee attack no longer being a command, but more of a filler ability, it's not really needed to have an ability like 4xCut. Although, I could see one of the more melee based characters, probably Tifa, having an ability which lets her melee attacks deal damage twice, per button push.

I could see Tifa getting "Death Touch" or something, for a high level deathblow ability. Depends if they want Yuffie to be a more stealing based ninja, or more of an assassin.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that it wouldn't be there... it just wouldn't be NECESSARY. With melee attack no longer being a command, but more of a filler ability, it's not really needed to have an ability like 4xCut. Although, I could see one of the more melee based characters, probably Tifa, having an ability which lets her melee attacks deal damage twice, per button push.

I could see Tifa getting "Death Touch" or something, for a high level deathblow ability. Depends if they want Yuffie to be a more stealing based ninja, or more of an assassin.
    I could also see 2x/4xcut being something used to fill ATB faster with each hit. 2x/4x faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I could also see 2x/4xcut being something used to fill ATB faster with each hit. 2x/4x faster.
    yeah reading the person above with double damage per push i instantly thought double ATB would be much better because button mash damage is literally nothing from what we've seen so that would make the materia go from endgame to just worthless.

but 4*ATB from button mashing would keep it inline with the original OP as hell 4*cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Seeing how fast ATB was filling in the demo... I can't see them doing that, tbh... You'd be getting a full ATB bar after one combo!

Looks great. Very promising! I personally like the combat system even if the auto attacks are just filler while we wait for the ATB bar to fill up.. almost the same as the original just with potentially useless attacks while we wait for it to fill.. but still feels faster and allows you to dodge etc.

I would like to see areas after midgar and the world map!

Old people waiting for this)

Are they still splitting the game in half? Such a money grab it's unbelievable. Butchering at its best.
    Good thing it's going to be a while before I play it because I don't buy consoles out of principle.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Are they still splitting the game in half? Such a money grab it's unbelievable. Butchering at its best.
    Good thing it's going to be a while before I play it because I don't buy consoles out of principle.
    There will be more than two games. The first is confirmed to be just the Midgar story.

That said, they're hugely expanding how deep you go into each area story and lore wise. What may have been a 5-10 minute section of the original game is now a full blown story arc (possibly...just expanding logically on what's been said).

They're not releasing the original game with fancier graphics and a new combat system, they're restructuring the entire experience, telling more and deeper stories.

Whether it's "butchering" still remains to be seen, but based on what they've shown so far and the narrative they're giving us so far it seems far from it.

I'm also curious, what principle stops you from buying consoles?

I guess everything remains to be seen then because nothing that you said sounds bad but there's also nothing confirming it. Only the wishful thinking of a fan and the ease to pre-order the game based on that wishful thinking.

The only point of consoles nowadays is selling exclusive games with a hefty +400$ bill attached in the shape of a bad computer. Wanna play ff7 remake? Buy ps4. It's ludicrous because a console is just a bad pc with a controller attached. Attach the controller to your pc and you have the better console.

I just won't be wasting any money knowing how those systems operate but I also don't fault people for doing so. All the more power to them.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-06-14 at 02:27 PM.

Yeah but the real question is, you gonna choose Aeris or Tifa early on in your party/decisions which changes the out come on who you hit up for a date in gold saucer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lodpaul View Post
    Yeah but the real question is, you gonna choose Aeris or Tifa early on in your party/decisions which changes the out come on who you hit up for a date in gold saucer?
    Assuming you even get that choice and they don't just force you to go with Aeris...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Yeah, it was the first game to really get me emotionally involved. I even cried when Aerith died.
    I was like,. NOOO my healer!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I got lost at the end of disc one and stopped so i dont really have any emotional investment in it

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I guess everything remains to be seen then because nothing that you said sounds bad but there's also nothing confirming it. Only the wishful thinking of a fan and the ease to pre-order the game based on that wishful thinking.

The only point of consoles nowadays is selling exclusive games with a hefty +400$ bill attached in the shape of a bad computer. Wanna play ff7 remake? Buy ps4. It's ludicrous because a console is just a bad pc with a controller attached. Attach the controller to your pc and you have the better console.

I just won't be wasting any money knowing how those systems operate but I also don't fault people for doing so. All the more power to them.
    I mean FF7 was known for the game that sold the Playstation. I can't say when, but eventually consoles will run their course. They are just a cheaper option for not having to build your own PC. I won't disagree at all that I wish the remake would release on PC as well and I would play it on there easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst part about it is if they don't release it on PC, you may have to buy multiple consoles to complete the series. The next part may very well be a PS5 exclusive.

Seeing how fast ATB was filling in the demo... I can't see them doing that, tbh... You'd be getting a full ATB bar after one combo!
    I thought that but then realise how strong 4*cut was in the original game it basically allowed you to 1 shot 99% of enemies in the game, there were very few enemies over 40k hp, so unless they're planning to make the remake much harder than the original then 4*cut needs to be broken OP to keep in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    so unless they're planning to make the remake much harder than the original then 4*cut needs to be broken OP to keep in line.
    I doubt they'll make it THAT much harder, but I can see things like 4xCut and Knights of the Round being brought into line. Don't be expecting to oneshot normal mobs, unless you're hilariously overleveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s also possible the speed with which ATB fills is a bit faster early on since you’re so weak.
    That doesn't make much sense... If you'd said "Maybe the bar was filling faster, because this was an E3 display version, and they wanted to show off the combat" that might have made sense. But the bar filling faster when you're low level, and slowing down as yu get higher... That seems counterproductive.